MKS, A lot like our LS's

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.lincolnmksforums.com/index.php?/topic/316-brake-issues-continue/
MKS common Break issue:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1aa787/10

Several posts include these problems:
Door seal leaks, Paint fading, Bearing issues, Steering and Heated seat elements failed, transmission @ 27,00 miles, More break grinding issues, Stock radio issues (Radio shuts off and wont turn back on), Rear locks not engaging, Horn failure, GPS failure, Radio, AC, Oil leak.... Read on ....

To quote one post::
"#17 of 41 Re: MKS 2009 - Lemon [rahc] by mikemartin
Oct 24, 2009 (9:18 pm)
Replying to: rahc (Jul 23, 2009 4:04 am)
Sorry to hear of all the problems you guys are having with your new Lincoln MKSs.

This just proves the adage that if you want reliability, get a Lexus or Acura.

The shame is that Lincoln is charging 40k to 53k for a dressed up Taurus (same car). "

My point to this thread, is, ALL cars will fail. Give it time. No such thing as perfection.

Unless its an LS, which is totally perfect in every way ^_^

Can we move past the mks talk already.

This is an LS forum. I don't want to hear people's opinions about how sexy/ugly, reliable/unreliable a car is unless its the LS.

I must disagree. Being a front wheel drive piece of ####, the MKS is nothing like an LS. The MKS is just Lincoln's version of a Toyota Camry, without the reliability.

2012-toyota-camry-side-in-motion.jpg

2012-MKS-Lincoln-4-door-Sedan-3.7L-AWD-side.jpg

I can't tell which is which, they look so similar. No, wait, the Camry has better proportions.

Can we move past the mks talk already.

This is an LS forum. I don't want to hear people's opinions about how sexy/ugly, reliable/unreliable a car is unless its the LS.

I'll back you on that. Some of ya'll care so damn much now your doing research on a car you dont even own to prove something negative. Way to much time on your hands when you gotta reseach how "bad" my new car is. Its not gods gift to cars. All cars no matter price level or manufacturer will have isssues. After all, it is mostly humans doing the work and as most of you can probably agree some times you just have a bad work day. In the auto industry a worker having a "bad day" results in a a car not being put together to the best of its ability.

BTW... Weather is getting great here in Central Fl. Drove home from dinner with the sunroof open and all four windows down and radio blasting. Loved every inch that i drove. I will never tell any of you to stop saying anything about my car, your entiitled to your respective opinion. But DAMN do i love my MKS!!!

Mods, please delete this thread, it's clearly not relevant to anything LS related.

thank you !

I was just trying to show that the MKS has problems like the LS, And also since the MKS is a Hot topic recently.. maybe I went about it the wrong way... :(

I'll back you on that. Some of ya'll care so damn much now your doing research on a car you dont even own to prove something negative. Way to much time on your hands when you gotta reseach how "bad" my new car is. Its not gods gift to cars. All cars no matter price level or manufacturer will have isssues. After all, it is mostly humans doing the work and as most of you can probably agree some times you just have a bad work day. In the auto industry a worker having a "bad day" results in a a car not being put together to the best of its ability.

BTW... Weather is getting great here in Central Fl. Drove home from dinner with the sunroof open and all four windows down and radio blasting. Loved every inch that i drove. I will never tell any of you to stop saying anything about my car, your entiitled to your respective opinion. But DAMN do i love my MKS!!!

Thats great tho dude. But I never said your cars Bad. .... Only that the MKS has problems too. But I mean, even a recent Ferrari had issues with the engine catching fire o_O

At least non of us are this guy (Or girl, If I remember correctly, She pulled over and Darted out of the car when she saw the flames)

Ferrari+458+italia+fire.jpg

Source of Ferrari Fires (And recall story)
http://www.actionrecon.com/ferrari-recalls-all-458-italia-cars-after-reports-of-fires/5290

All cars .... will have isssues ... mostly humans doing the work ... some times you just have a bad work day ... a worker having a "bad day" results in a car not being put together to the best of their ability.

More BS,
ever heard of Quality Control ?
ever heard of Line Stop ?
ever heard of Insentive Bonuses ?

for the record, everything in auto manufacturing is inspected for quality control, this prevents recalls and lawsuits.

If a worker is having a bad day and he starts producing crap, it would only last for 2 minutes before a line stop is called.

Down time is costly and it will be dealt with quickly.

If you'd know anything, you'd understand that on auto lines like that, there
are people who's job is to inspect the workmanship.

this does not get done when the car is complete and rolls out into the lot.
actually, it is as a Final Inspection stage.

It gets done at every single step of the manufacturing process.

Work gets inspected ... workers do not get away with building crap because they have a bad day ... trust me on this.

More BS,
ever heard of Quality Control ?
ever heard of Line Stop ?
ever heard of Insentive Bonuses ?

for the record, everything in auto manufacturing is inspected for quality control, this prevents recalls and lawsuits.

If a worked is having a bad day and he starts producing crap, it would only last for 2 minutes before a line stop is called.

Down time is costly and it will be dealt with quickly.

If you'd know anything, you'd understand that on auto lines like that, there
are people who's job is to inspect the workmanship.

this does not get done when the car is complete and rolls out into the lot.
actually, it is as a Final Inspection stage.

It gets done at every single step of the manufacturing process.

Work gets inspected ... workers do not get away with building crap because they have a bad day ... trust me on this.

Ok, so your then just saying the LS was built with crap parts then. Because way too many LS have all had the same exact issues.

I'm working on it ... and pardon me if I offend anyone or get banned myself.

Working on it? Hopefully the mods have a little more common sense than you and understand the first amendment and respect people stating their opinions. I could care less if they are all deleted. Go ahead. I'll still be here. Been here alot longer than you and may continue to hang around longer than you.

Okay. Back from Wal Mart. Popcorn is ready.

What did I miss? LOL

I'm working on it ... and pardon me if I offend anyone or get banned myself.

You do understand that there are two other threads on the first page of the LS forum that are not "LS related".

My Never Posted Daily Driver...lol
'68 Cougar for Sale

I really don't think you are gonna get anything out of this.

I am just a spectator. Crunch......crunch.....crunch.

No napkin. Darn. Oh well.

You do understand that there are two other threads on the first page of the LS forum that are not "LS related".

My Never Posted Daily Driver...lol
'68 Cougar for Sale

I really don't think you are gonna get anything out of this.

Nah, he just has his caps lock on and his "I hate MKS" hat on.

Nah, he just has his caps lock on and his "I hate MKS" hat on.

I think he hates the MKS solely because of you tho.. Like literally, he just bought that Hat today.

MKS is FWD and reminds me too much of the Acura TL-S, Which btw, I HATE the TL, with the most deepest inward guts of my insides, All because of a former friend who trash talked, but WOULDN'T MAN UP AND RACE ME but continued to talk trash =/ (Also spending 45K used on that POS, and is now suffering to make payments cuz he lost his job and got his GF to take over payments)

Linc, are you painting the body kit parts at some point or looking toward an entire paint job for your LS? Have been meaning to ask.

Linc, are you painting the body kit parts at some point or looking toward an entire paint job for your LS? Have been meaning to ask.

Me? I like the two tone, Black skirts with the Grey. But eventually, I will have it painted Black. I always wanted this car in black. And then put some custom rims on it. I know its got high mileage, but I really like the 2002. I rust proof it every year, and the under body is in beautiful shape. So if the engine goes someday, Ill prolly have it rebuilt I guess (bore it out maybe too) And keep it as long as I can.

So paint, yes. Would love it to be a midnight black!

Ok, so your then just saying the LS was built with crap parts then. Because way too many LS have all had the same exact issues.

Use your head here for a second.

This is called, "known issues" (all other cars have them)

When an auto manufacturer designs a new car to be released to the public,
you think they test that car for 10 years, put 150+ miles on it before they consider it a fine product and release it to wholesale ?

Simple fact of things breaking down with either old age, wear 'n tear or not as intended usage.

Then there is the fact of auto manufacturers trying new ideas and materials to keep current with technology and requirements.

Keeping cost down in order to remain profitable in a competative market is another.

cutting cost and overhead is done by using sh*t parts that are meant to break down as soon as the warrenty is up.

this is all part of the plan ... cars now-a-days are designed on purpose to start breaking down anywhere after 5-7 years.

Known issues are not known at time of design and manufacturing, they
creep up as time passes, sometimes shortly after release, known as recalls.

It's all with good intentions ... however cutting cost will result in issues with any car.

Trust me ... they *can* build cars/trucks that can out live owners.
but think of what such a product would cost due to materials used.

bad parts, bad design, stupid engineers ???
Truth is, if they build it to last, you wouldn't have a need to buy either a) parts to keep up with repairs, or b) you shopping for a new car every 5 years.

anything build to last, (which they can) would put them in the poor house because you then don't need to buy another car for 30 or more years.

It would starve and put businesses out on chapter 11 because no one would need parts or new cars for x amount of years.

The all plastic cooling system on the LS for instance, probably with all good intentions and worked well, lived up to testing requirements
but not intended to last too long, ensuring the public opens then wallets more often then not.

They need to make sure you go spend big dollars on new cars every so many years, usually 5-7, anthing older then 10 and your on borrowed time, fix or repair daily.

me? I like the two tone, black skirts with the grey. But eventually, i will have it painted black. I always wanted this car in black. And then put some custom rims on it. I know its got high mileage, but i really like the 2002. I rust proof it every year, and the under body is in beautiful shape. So if the engine goes someday, ill prolly have it rebuilt i guess (bore it out maybe too) and keep it as long as i can.

k.

Me? I like the two tone, Black skirts with the Grey. But eventually, I will have it painted Black. I always wanted this car in black. And then put some custom rims on it. I know its got high mileage, but I really like the 2002. I rust proof it every year, and the under body is in beautiful shape. So if the engine goes someday, Ill prolly have it rebuilt I guess (bore it out maybe too) And keep it as long as I can.

Noo! The charcoal color is awesome. There are a million black ls's (maybe not a million but its a popular color) an there are very few charcoal ones. Keep your car different and stick with the charcoal. I wish there was a charcoal for the gen II models. The charcoal beige color has to much beige in it :(

I really really like the color of your ls man.

When I was 16 and only thought I could afford a gen I that's the color I wanted. Then when I finally decided to become an owner at 18 I could afford so much more so went with the 06 and no cool charcoal was made :/.

Anyway do what ya want. But that is a rare color.

Members online

No members online now.
Back