MKS 0-60 5.5 sec 1/4 13.9 @ 104mph

All I can say is this. I have seen those nasty rotarys at the track or even the civic hatchback that I remember was running 11s. If you talk to 99% of those guys (and I have) they are replacing transmissions left and right in those cars. On the rwd side of things here in Mark8 land we had Burbank LSC running 10s on a stock transmission with a shift kit. Maybe I am wrong, but you will never accomplish that on a fwd platform with a stock tranny. You might be ok if you can build the tranny to the gates of heaven with endless pieces of unobtanium. Look at Toyota. They knew what had to happen when they designed the Supra. It's rwd. Front wheel drive cars are not meant for blasting down the track reliably. The weight transfers to the rear on every car on this planet unless you are racing in reverse. Therefore, make the drive tires at the rear and leave the fwd car home for a commuter and going to the grocery store. End of story.

Ive seen Civics run 8's at the drag. Your point?

New mustang GT 5.0.puts you in the 12's with a stock tranny, hell, stock car. And better fuel mileage. And believe it or not, you can get more luxury into a mustang now. Nav, warmers, leather, u name it.

Time to retire-your-90's-ride and update into an mks or mustang.

Peace.

sounds cheap. the prices i see in the states are more than that.

plenty of stock Marks have run low 14s. hell, even the slower 2nd gens were out running 14.7s this weekend.
those numbers are incorrect. plain and simple.
the LS runs better times than posted as well. just look around this site. ;)

the LS's curb weight is also 65 pounds lighter. 3692 versus 3757.

also, go back and re-read. i never said the Mark was faster or better. Kirk may have said that. he's very proud of his two grocery getters.
what i DID say was that the MKS with the ecoboost was faster than both cars. its also better equipped and newer.

the looks are all in the eye of the beholder. that argument holds no water. besides, the look of a base v6 LS blows anyway. :eek:

and if speed is your game, that 5000 dollars can be put to much better use than any of these cars. ;)

less gas? the mark my mom drove always did better than the LS she has now.
shoot, my modded mark gets about the same mileage as her LS nowadays. :confused:

reliability? the LS is a freaking Jaguar. coils, thermostat housing, degas bottle, dccv, i could go on. even saying Jaguar out loud makes me want to go check and make sure my air bags haven't deflated. :eek:
wait, nope. they're good. the air ride is still fully functional. at 197,000 miles at that. :p
aside from the air ride system, (which is problematic to some, and not to others,) the 4.6/4r70w combo is proven reliable. used in mustangs and town cars and f150s and ...

just mention LS in a ford community and they will pull it apart. lol. shoforum did it a few weeks ago. their reputation precedes them as well, trust me.

now, i would venture to say i have had an LS and Mark VIII more disassembled than most owners. i know the cars. i have plenty of seat time in both. the LS is a fine car, don't get me wrong. i like them. we own one for petes sake. but at the end of the day, i'm gonna take the mark. i just like it more. its a personal decision. :cool:

the argument can be made for the luxury bit. the LS was very good in its day. maybe the best. and is affordable because its depreciated heavily. but at best, its still nearly 10 year old tech now.

and like the Mark before it, time is passing the LS by. maybe you should upgrade to the MKS as well. ;)

the forum crossing is relatively rare. we are in the MKS section now anyway. and i WAS discussing the MKS and the abilities of the front biased AWD system with thaywood. we should go back to that.

oh. and i'm not in a damn Mustang cuz everyone and their cousin has one. no seriously. we have a 67 fast back and my cousin has an 06 GT. :D

What's funny is someone saying Ford discontinued the Marks. The Marks are still being produced!

Mark S
Mark T
Mark X
Mark Z

Oops almost forgot the Mark LT!

I'm waiting for the new Mark BLT to come out with the heavy mayo...oh wait, that's the Mc DLT sorry that's Mc Donald's.

I think the stuff they are putting out now is proof they're secretly working on the Mark THC.

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

sounds cheap. the prices i see in the states are more than that.

plenty of stock Marks have run low 14s. hell, even the slower 2nd gens were out running 14.7s this weekend.
those numbers are incorrect. plain and simple.
the LS runs better times than posted as well. just look around this site. ;)

the LS's curb weight is also 65 pounds lighter. 3692 versus 3757.

also, go back and re-read. i never said the Mark was faster or better. Kirk may have said that. he's very proud of his two grocery getters.
what i DID say was that the MKS with the ecoboost was faster than both cars. its also better equipped and newer.

the looks are all in the eye of the beholder. that argument holds no water. besides, the look of a base v6 LS blows anyway. :eek:

and if speed is your game, that 5000 dollars can be put to much better use than any of these cars. ;)

less gas? the mark my mom drove always did better than the LS she has now.
shoot, my modded mark gets about the same mileage as her LS nowadays. :confused:

reliability? the LS is a freaking Jaguar. coils, thermostat housing, degas bottle, dccv, i could go on. even saying Jaguar out loud makes me want to go check and make sure my air bags haven't deflated. :eek:
wait, nope. they're good. the air ride is still fully functional. at 197,000 miles at that. :p
aside from the air ride system, (which is problematic to some, and not to others,) the 4.6/4r70w combo is proven reliable. used in mustangs and town cars and f150s and ...

just mention LS in a ford community and they will pull it apart. lol. shoforum did it a few weeks ago. their reputation precedes them as well, trust me.

now, i would venture to say i have had an LS and Mark VIII more disassembled than most owners. i know the cars. i have plenty of seat time in both. the LS is a fine car, don't get me wrong. i like them. we own one for petes sake. but at the end of the day, i'm gonna take the mark. i just like it more. its a personal decision. :cool:

the argument can be made for the luxury bit. the LS was very good in its day. maybe the best. and is affordable because its depreciated heavily. but at best, its still nearly 10 year old tech now.

and like the Mark before it, time is passing the LS by. maybe you should upgrade to the MKS as well. ;)

the forum crossing is relatively rare. we are in the MKS section now anyway. and i WAS discussing the MKS and the abilities of the front biased AWD system with thaywood. we should go back to that.

oh. and i'm not in a damn Mustang cuz everyone and their cousin has one. no seriously. we have a 67 fast back and my cousin has an 06 GT. :D

You know what, you deserve some credit. I respect how you expressed yourself.
The only thing id like to sorta correct is, your reliablity comment. I want tl clarify that I mentioned consumer reports never showed the mark as reliable. The LS at least got some.good years in their, particularly it was 2006, 2005 then 2002. Those years are decent. All the marks however, typical Ford prblems. You see, 1990's Ford are what you call rust buckets. Ford went thru a bad phaze (everyone and their mothers knows this) dont make me bring up the windstar and aero star pos vehicles. Not to mention mercurys half ass shyt.
The marks were no exception, and those cars had a hand in Fords decline by'99.

Anyways, yes the LS is shytty for reliabiltiy. Mine have been great but consumers reports tells how truly reliable a car is.

Reason im not giving up the LS is because they arent old news just yet. Again kids are still buying them cause of the unlockable potentil with just few basic mods. Staight up, by about 2020, these LS's will fade away like every lincoln before her. Just as the marks.

Im glad you owned both. How did you like the LS cornering ability?

thank you.

The only thing id like to sorta correct is, your reliablity comment. I want tl clarify that I mentioned consumer reports never showed the mark as reliable. The LS at least got some.good years in their, particularly it was 2006, 2005 then 2002. Those years are decent.

this may be true. i don't really read the consumer reports.

All the marks however, typical Ford prblems. You see, 1990's Ford are what you call rust buckets. Ford went thru a bad phaze (everyone and their mothers knows this) dont make me bring up the windstar and aero star pos vehicles. Not to mention mercurys half ass shyt.

this is true. one of my wheel wells has the typical ford rust issue.

Anyways, yes the LS is shytty for reliabiltiy. Mine have been great but consumers reports tells how truly reliable a car is.

there are ups and downs for every car. my car has left me stranded twice in the 50k miles i have had it. trans and starter. not bad if you ask me.

wish my car would change direction like that. :D

wish my car would change direction like that. :D

Hahahaha Dew98 platform for ya.

the way ive always seen it, is if you want a straight up dragster for a hobby, and dont wanna spend 30+ thousand on a new one, get an older V8 (Whether its a Mark 8, an old 5.0 mustang, Camaro or whatever) Dump some cash in parts, but do all the work yourself.

The LS on the other hand, is finess. Cornering, luxury, beauty. Shes suttle and relaxed. But piss it off, and it will rip you a know a-hole. Not a Dragster. But in my eyes, the LS competes with Subarus and lancer for Ashfalt tracks. Example would be the Top.Gear u.K track. I KNOW my LS will beat a lancer evo X (the 250hp) around top gears track without any issues. Give it to the stig and the Dew98 will show its suoeriority. The small V8, mixed eith excellent sterring and control, you would be surprised just how far in the Dust the LS would keave these 3.5 V6 Jap cars on Top Gear (U.K) track.

Thats how I see it. <3 the LS

Hahahaha Dew98 platform for ya.

the way ive always seen it, is if you want a straight up dragster for a hobby, and dont wanna spend 30+ thousand on a new one, get an older V8 (Whether its a Mark 8, an old 5.0 mustang, Camaro or whatever) Dump some cash in parts, but do all the work yourself.

The LS on the other hand, is finess. Cornering, luxury, beauty. Shes suttle and relaxed. But piss it off, and it will rip you a know a-hole. Not a Dragster. But in my eyes, the LS competes with Subarus and lancer for Ashfalt tracks. Example would be the Top.Gear u.K track. I KNOW my LS will beat a lancer evo X (the 250hp) around top gears track without any issues. Give it to the stig and the Dew98 will show its suoeriority. The small V8, mixed eith excellent sterring and control, you would be surprised just how far in the Dust the LS would keave these 3.5 V6 Jap cars on Top Gear (U.K) track.

I was just trolling on another forum and there is someone on there that bought an MKS over a Jag XF and sounds so head over heels. I would sacrifice 150 hp for the DEW98 platform...but, that's just me.

Ive seen Civics run 8's at the drag. Your point?

New mustang GT 5.0.puts you in the 12's with a stock tranny, hell, stock car. And better fuel mileage. And believe it or not, you can get more luxury into a mustang now. Nav, warmers, leather, u name it.

Time to retire-your-90's-ride and update into an mks or mustang.

Peace.

True story, my buddy just bought an LS last year after riding in my Mark VIII. What a mistake that was. He's dumped $3000 into that car already and it doesn't perform any better. The car is actually at the mechanic right now broken AGAIN. I will retire my car when it decides to retire, and at over 155,000 miles and no real issues other than the airride (duh, it fails) I am still blasting 7,000 rpm shift points on this car. I don't need an update. I drive one and it actually has an intake that's not plastic. :rolleyes: And big deal if the new 5.0s run 12s. They also have more rwhp than I do and I can guarantee I am not far from 12s now if not there already. April 20th I'll show you on here with videos what a real Lincoln is. You live in a fantasy world if you think the LS is better than the Mark8. Yup, I said it. I would never in a million years even consider one. I might take the corners a little slower, but that doesn't matter because I'll kill you on the straights.

Come at me bro. LOL

Spring 2013 WOT run - YouTube

And if you haven't noticed, I'm not like Chris. I don't care about you or your LS. Have fun with your underpowered go-kart Mario. Notice how you didn't suggest updating to an LS. Maybe you have the wrong car too there grasshopper. We're in this together old buddy old pal. :rolleyes:

They should really call this forum MarkVIII vs Cadillac vs LS :rolleyes:

Yeah, you've seen Civics in the 8s. Way to try and "1-up" me. There is only a small handful of those cars around and I bet you weren't watching from the fenceline like I was. You probably went on youtube just to make sure you could back up that claim just so you had a rebuttal. :rolleyes:

LET THE BUTTHURT FLOW! :D

True story, my buddy just bought an LS last year after riding in my Mark VIII. What a mistake that was. He's dumped $3000 into that car already and it doesn't perform any better. The car is actually at the mechanic right now broken AGAIN. I will retire my car when it decides to retire, and at over 155,000 miles and no real issues other than the airride (duh, it fails) I am still blasting 7,000 rpm shift points on this car. I don't need an update. I drive one and it actually has an intake that's not plastic. :rolleyes: And big deal if the new 5.0s run 12s. They also have more rwhp than I do and I can guarantee I am not far from 12s now if not there already. April 20th I'll show you on here with videos what a real Lincoln is. You live in a fantasy world if you think the LS is better than the Mark8. Yup, I said it. I would never in a million years even consider one. I might take the corners a little slower, but that doesn't matter because I'll kill you on the straights.

Come at me bro. LOL

Spring 2013 WOT run - YouTube

And if you haven't noticed, I'm not like Chris. I don't care about you or your LS. Have fun with your underpowered go-kart Mario. Notice how you didn't suggest updating to an LS. Maybe you have the wrong car too there grasshopper. We're in this together old buddy old pal. :rolleyes:

They should really call this forum MarkVIII vs Cadillac vs LS :rolleyes:

Yeah, you've seen Civics in the 8s. Way to try and "1-up" me. There is only a small handful of those cars around and I bet you weren't watching from the fenceline like I was. You probably went on youtube just to make sure you could back up that claim just so you had a rebuttal. :rolleyes:

LET THE BUTTHURT FLOW! :D

What did he spend $3000 on?

But in my eyes, the LS competes with Subarus and lancer for Ashfalt tracks. Example would be the Top.Gear u.K track. I KNOW my LS will beat a lancer evo X (the 250hp) around top gears track without any issues. Give it to the stig and the Dew98 will show its suoeriority. The small V8, mixed eith excellent sterring and control, you would be surprised just how far in the Dust the LS would keave these 3.5 V6 Jap cars on Top Gear (U.K) track.

You see it that way...through jaded glasses. The LS does well, for what it is. It is not the miraculous handling machine that so many here want to believe it is, though. It is relatively heavy for what it is, and if you actually see it thrown it into tough corners you can see how much it really rolls.

You live in a fantasy world if you think the LS is better than the Mark8. Yup, I said it. I would never in a million years even consider one. I might take the corners a little slower, but that doesn't matter because I'll kill you on the straights.

Come at me bro. LOL
Come at me bro? That pretty much discredits anything else you mindlessly rambled about. :rolleyes: Go take your amazing Mark VIII to an autocross event and report back how many people get intimidated when you say "come at me bro".

Come at me bro? That pretty much discredits anything else you mindlessly rambled about. :rolleyes: Go take your amazing Mark VIII to an autocross event and report back how many people get intimidated when you say "come at me bro".

My silver car is on coils. I bet it wouldn't do too shabby at all on 18" wheels and tires. My blown car handles better than you expect, sensor-lowered on 18" speedstars with an ADDCO out back. Compared to a Miata, no thanks. Compared to an LS, try me.

So, I didn't discredit anything. MarkVIII>LS. End of story. The LS cars sucks ass. Get over it. My cars are older and better and you or anyone else will never be able to convince me otherwise. Sorry! LOL

Crap, I don't even know how I forgot about the autocross thread over on the other forum. A local member here already ran his 98 through the road course on a similar setup as my Toreador Red car only he has small sway bars.

Here are some of the cars he ran faster times than on stock swaybars with Konis out back on airride:

07 BMW M6 :eek:
06 ACURA RSX :eek:
03 MUSTANG COBRA :eek:
07 HONDA S2000 :eek:
06 VW JETTA :eek:
05 FORD FOCUS :eek:
08 VW GTI :eek:
08 MITZ EVO X :eek:
06 AUDI A3 :eek:

Yeah, I think I can handle a heads up on a road course with an LS. :rolleyes: Looks like I win in both departments. :rolleyes:

My silver car is on coils. I bet it wouldn't do too shabby at all on 18" wheels and tires. My blown car handles better than you expect, sensor-lowered on 18" speedstars with an ADDCO out back. Compared to a Miata, no thanks. Compared to an LS, try me.

So, I didn't discredit anything. MarkVIII>LS. End of story. The LS cars sucks ass. Get over it. My cars are older and better and you or anyone else will never be able to convince me otherwise. Sorry! LOL

I have to disagree with your assessment of the LS. That being said, I checked out your videos and your car does seem bada55! You really need to work on that handling part and it would be even more bada55. I think there must be some real potential in that machine. I wouldn't mind having one, though I still wouldn't set it up to drag like your's. I'm more of a high speed cruising type of guy. They are close to the same weight as the LS so, I wouldn't doubt with the right equipment it would be pretty wicked in the turns too.

I have to disagree with your assessment of the LS. That being said, I checked out your videos and your car does seem bada55! You really need to work on that handling part and it would be even more bada55. I think there must be some real potential in that machine. I wouldn't mind having one, though I still wouldn't set it up to drag like your's. I'm more of a high speed cruising type of guy. They are close to the same weight as the LS so, I wouldn't doubt with the right equipment it would be pretty wicked in the turns too.

Thanks Robot. I will be the first to admit that my silver car on coils and aluminum mini spares up front on cheap street tires(215s up front/235s out back) handles like poop in the corners. It's not set up for corners. The suspension setup on that car (not Slutmasters) is so good that it tries to fold the tires over in the corners up front when I go real aggressive and if I am making a turn and go WOT and the ass end kicks sideways it corrects itself straight again with the snap of my fingers. It would be around in a complete circle if I did that on airride. (And yes I've done it) A smaller sidewall tire with some 18s in about a 245 tire would make all the difference. I spent 2-3x as much money on my coil spring setup than most Mark8 guys do in order to have the better ride; and handling if I decide to run a more curves-friendly style tire/wheel setup on my car.

You see it that way...through jaded glasses. The LS does well, for what it is. It is not the miraculous handling machine that so many here want to believe it is, though. It is relatively heavy for what it is, and if you actually see it thrown it into tough corners you can see how much it really rolls.

95 km/h around a 90 Degree Turn. Took this with my 2002 LS doing 95 Km/h
(57 miles for you U.S. guys). This is a country road, dirt and small pebbles on the road, not mention I was running (at the time) Kumho KW19 winters. Took it like a dream. No sticks, cool day, bad road, and high speed.

mn pleasant.jpg

Come at me bro. LOL

EPIC RAP BATTLE

Your buddy spent 3 grand making a repair? 2 Grand on your car, to try and make it fair ;) Your car has an air ride? Ain't that Fun. It drives really soft, great for Grandma's wrinkled Buns.

So your Mark's MODS can run a Quarter mile quickly! Your insults make everyone on this forum so sickly. You praise a 4.6 like its da real shyt, yet Ford canned your sorry a$$ to make 5.0 Mustangs Rip!

You think your 90's rust machine is good enough for me? I wouldn't drive that thing even if it were free!
4.6 Mark 8's asses need a kickin, Give more tea bags than Lipton.
So why don't you quit your bichin, my LS's Gas pedal's itching!

YOU MAD BRO

5.0 better than 4.6.jpg

this whole thread makes LS owners cry

Fixed that for ya. :p

LS cars are garbage. End of story. And lincoln zero, there were other reasons behind the discontinuation of the 4.6 rwd cars and it had nothing to do with reliability issues with the 4.6 liter engine. They've used a 4.6 derivative for almost 20 years. Sounds like a pretty good stretch to me compared to the short lived poopy engine choice they came up with for you that they couldn't even put a real intake on. (Hmm, wonder if that's why my buddy's is leaking) LOL You can try to talk yourself out of this one all you want but you still fail. Your itchy gas pedal (whatever that means) has me lolling hard. :bowrofl:

Whatever Dude. you just admitted no one can convince you, so your closed minded.

If you can prove to me that the LS can handle like it is on rails and break its way out of a wet paper bag and then gouge my eyes out and lie to me and tell me the car actually looks better than a MarkVIII and my blind ass finds you to be believable, then yes, I will be convinced. LOL

All I can say is this. I have seen those nasty rotarys at the track or even the civic hatchback that I remember was running 11s. If you talk to 99% of those guys (and I have) they are replacing transmissions left and right in those cars. On the rwd side of things here in Mark8 land we had Burbank LSC running 10s on a stock transmission with a shift kit. Maybe I am wrong, but you will never accomplish that on a fwd platform with a stock tranny. You might be ok if you can build the tranny to the gates of heaven with endless pieces of unobtanium. Look at Toyota. They knew what had to happen when they designed the Supra. It's rwd. Front wheel drive cars are not meant for blasting down the track reliably. The weight transfers to the rear on every car on this planet unless you are racing in reverse. Therefore, make the drive tires at the rear and leave the fwd car home for a commuter and going to the grocery store. End of story.

Damn absolutely skippy from heck! :)

The only thing id like to sorta correct is, your reliablity comment. I want tl clarify that I mentioned consumer reports never showed the mark as reliable. The LS at least got some.good years in their, particularly it was 2006, 2005 then 2002. Those years are decent. All the marks however, typical Ford prblems. You see, 1990's Ford are what you call rust buckets. Ford went thru a bad phaze (everyone and their mothers knows this) dont make me bring up the windstar and aero star pos vehicles. Not to mention mercurys half ass shyt.

Reason im not giving up the LS is because they arent old news just yet. Again kids are still buying them cause of the unlockable potentil with just few basic mods. Staight up, by about 2020, these LS's will fade away like every lincoln before her. Just as the marks.

Who the heck reads "Consumer Reports"? And if you do, why would you believe them? They've become somewhat fo a joke in some automotive circles :lol: Anyhoo, personally, I'd love to have an LS. They are great cars. I had the opportunity to drive a 2004 V-6 auto a few years back when my mom was looking for another car (she eventually got an '08 Mustang V-6/auto vert). I loved it. It wasn't exactly fast, but oh my God would it carve up a corner! Best handling 4-door I've ever driven! It stuck to the road like glue. My Mark wouldn't even come close to it. Made me want one real bad. But unfortunately, I haven't been able to afford one yet.Iwould love to have one with a 5-speed. Now that would be fun.

Members online

No members online now.
Back