MKS 0-60 5.5 sec 1/4 13.9 @ 104mph

I would have expected to have more HP then that. Didn't they say 415 HP?

No, these were stockers sent down for the afternoon of fun and had the base packadge which is 355 HP

Just to give an idea to the potential of these engines/cars... heres a video of a sho (which is pretty much the same thing as the mks)

This guy ran low 13's with just a tune. he does have the performance package on his though, which has better gearing, tuned up suspension and some other little things. I dont know if you can get such a thing on the mks, i guess the gearing on this package helps out a lot.

His more recent tune, they added 4-5psi and he ran 12.75 @ 108 mph. That is in a 4400 lb, family car!

YouTube - 2010 Ford Taurus SHO Runs worlds first 12 second pass in the quarter mile! 12.75@108

Do a search fir the hennesy mks and they managed to pump out 435hp and another company I forgot their name now managed to do 485hp. V hennesy claims 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds

Do a search fir the hennesy mks and they managed to pump out 435hp and another company I forgot their name now managed to do 485hp. V hennesy claims 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds

I'll bet that thing's a torque-steering beeiotch!!:D

Unless, of course, they figured out a way tweak the computer to funnel the majority of that power to the rear wheels.

according to them at launch there is a slight torque steering but not as much as expected. here is some info on it.
http://jalopnik.com/5482405/hennessey-maxboost-435-lincoln-mks-first-drive

Apparently there is a bit of computer tweaking going on. In the article it says that when you lay on the throttle, much of the power is "quickly" routed to the rear wheels. That is apparently how they minimize the torque steer. If only Ford would just turn the engine 90 degrees and put the transmission behind it, all would be right with the world...ahhh...a man can dream...:)

apperently this is as good as it gets for the MKS. still not bad a really nice sleeper until you hit the corner..

What I want to know is, why even make a wrong-wheel-drive car with a sideways engine if you're going to route most of the power quickly to the rear wheels on take-off anyway? Why not just make the dam thing REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE to begin with? It would save a lot of trouble. And there would be no torque steer and it would handle 10x better and have better ride quality. Not to mention the body proportions would be much more attractive with a RWD platform. And there would be no need for computer "tweaking" to send that power to the rear wheels if it were already RWD. Wrong-wheel-drive can't handle that much power. Car companies found out three decades ago that about 250hp is the most that can safely be put through a wrong-wheel-drive system without massive torque steer and understeer problems. Yet they continue to try. I don't get it. RWD is so much simpler and better than wrong-wheel-drive in every way. Especially in the premium luxury segment. And a rear-biased AWD system is the best all around drive system there is in a car. With rear-biased AWD, torque steer is nonexistent, ride quality and handling are vastly improved due to better weight distribution, and body proportions are more "normal" looking and attractive without all the front and rear overhang and odd dash-to-axle proportions. Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Jaguar, Cadillac, Infiniti and Hyundai...HYUNDAI FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!, among others already know this. Lincoln needs to get with the program and understand that a wrong-wheel-drive Taurus in a tux isn't going to cut it when they're trying to play with the big boys (and yep, Hyundai is now a "big boy" - Genesis, Equus, Genesis Coupe - All RWD).

Well i don't know about hundai yet as being one of the big boys but i saw a eqous and wow that's a hundai.. They are stepping up but still not one if the big boys yet.

Well i don't know about hundai yet as being one of the big boys but i saw a eqous and wow that's a hundai.. They are stepping up but still not one if the big boys yet.

I disagree. Hyundai's been around a long time. And up till now, they've built nothing but bargain basement, wrong-wheel-drive, disposable cars. Now their first foray into the realm of real cars was met with much acclaim and praise. The Genesis is a fantastic car. All the car magazines agree that it is definitely a player in the true luxury car arena. It has everything it needs. It's Rear-Wheel-Drive. It has a smooth and powerful V-8 engine. It has a gorgeous body design with a comfortable, upscale interior trimmed in real leather and wood. It has all the requesite bells and whistles befitting a true premium luxury sedan. It handles as well as it rides. It plays in the high-priced sandbox but still has a comparatively bargain basement price. The only difference between Hyundai and Lexus is that Hyundai is just getting its feet wet in the luxury car field. It has yet to build the reputation of Lexus, BMW, or Infiniti. But with cars like these, it won't take long. Then there's the Genesis coupe. Mustang performance for less money. And I haven't seen a lot about the Equus, but what I have seen is fabulous. That is one niiiiiice car. I'm not a fan of Japanese or Korean cars by any stretch. But I'd rock a Genesis or an Equus any day of the week over anything Lincoln makes now. And that's sad. I wouldn't have said that 10 years ago.

It's really sad that the MKS page is so freakin dead. Nothing since July 20th. People must just loooooove these cars:D

Its Cause everyone's Driving LS's cuz the LS is dirt cheap used.
Not to mention, a second Gen LS with a tune, intake and exhaust upgrade can make the MKS Look silly for its price tag.

thats true. since i lost my gen2 i have been thinking of a MKS, i can get a 2010 ecoboost for around 25k so i will be on the mks forum more often

Members online

No members online now.
Back