Miles on your LS

Silver Birch is a Gen2 color. Silver Frost is Gen1......

My paint code on my gen1 LSE is JP, silver birch metallic.

I have seen a black gen1 LSE around town several times. Black and silver birch or frost are the only colors I have seen on the gen1 LSE.

Yes gen 1 LSE was only made in '02....I'm sure you already knew that. I remember an old member (diskfunktional??) had a gen 1 LSE that he claimed was silver frost IIRC.

actually come to think of it, I had a dark red one in my bay once a few years ago. I don't really think it was original color though... it was darker than Vivid Red, but not as dark as my Autumn Red Metallic. not sure if there were any other red options for 1st gens?

actually come to think of it, I had a dark red one in my bay once a few years ago. I don't really think it was original color though... it was darker than Vivid Red, but not as dark as my Autumn Red Metallic. not sure if there were any other red options for 1st gens?

I am not sure of all the color options on gen 1 LSE's either. Info on the gen 1 LSE is hard to find. I would like to know how many gen 1 LSE's were made. It is surely the rarest of LS's. There may be a burnt orange gen 1 LSE soon....plastidip of course.

I'm going to have GRELL do a 'peel and stick' paint job on my LSE....lol. Matte black, matte white, and monster green have already been done. Burnt orange is the only color I like that I havent seen yet. Plus orange is my daughters favorite color so......

Mine is 'JP' code as well, silver birch. I have a sales brochure for the 02 model year but it doesn't break down which colors & if model specific. Info on lse for 02 is very sketchy.

Yes gen 1 LSE was only made in '02....I'm sure you already knew that. I remember an old member (diskfunktional??) had a gen 1 LSE that he claimed was silver frost IIRC.

I thought it was available in '01....

You know what they saw about memory.... I used to know...

My 05 ultimate has had 77k (69k) on it for 6 months.... it just sits in one of my bays here at home.. I've put 1500 miles on it tops this year... I have 5? Cars... no...6...

Update:
2000 V8 Ultimate 70,455 miles.

My 05 ultimate has had 77k (69k) on it for 6 months.... it just sits in one of my bays here at home.. I've put 1500 miles on it tops this year... I have 5? Cars... no...6...

Kinda like all your saws you "supposedly " have,,.......

why you use a diff avatar here than on arboristsite.com ??

An LS avatar on a chainsaw forum ??

dont bother changing it,i already saved it :)

LS miles

I have two LSes right now, both 2001s.

1) My Auburn red V6 Getrag has 196,000 some odd miles on the clock. I ordered and bought it new with all options except heated seats. Wife and I have loved driving this car. We teamed up though to screw up and blow the head gasket or block or something else (exhaust in coolant). Unknown exactly what. The degas bottle was the third member of the conspiracy. It's hard to know, when it's pouring rain, that all the coolant you're putting in there cause the car overheated is coming right back out the bottom. Anyhow, this car is presently up on jackstands being prepped for a new engine.

2) I bought a boring, totally base, gray LS non-sport as a donor car. It has 118,000 miles and the engine sounds and pulls strong, It has all new COPS and some other recent work. It is an automatic and the tranny is throwing P0795 and won't shift past 3rd. Dont need the tranny but have been spending (wasting?) some time trying to fully diagnose and fix it.

Just for the heck of it and since my post is already long-winded:

I had and loved a 1993 Mark VIII which went to about 130,000 and which I then sold to a now-ticked off sister-in-law. :cool:

I also have a 2004 Navigator Ultimate which I bought new when I was gainfully employed in Silicon Valley. It's loaded with all options except monochrome pkg and pop-out running boards. I've beat it and used it as a real 4X4 which it really excels at. Pulled a toy hauler from Cal to Ky and back, as well as around Cal. It's been a really great reliable vehicle. Runs like new still at 130,000 miles with much less maintenance than the LS.

Finally we bought in May a used (can't afford new Lincolns anymore) 2014 mkZ hybrid. Again, all or nearly all options. Beautiful car. It is the wife's commuter car and we love that the mpg indicator stays at around 42.5 mpg using regular gas. Love this car and love the pano sunroof and THX system. Had 15,000 on it when we bought it 6 months ago. Has about 26,000 on it now. No issues.

'00 Black MTX, with about 84,000 This is my daily driver.

My first '00 MTX, pictured in my signature icon had 175,000 when it was hit from behind and totaled.

'02 LSE V8, ~109k. Black paint. I've only seen two other gen 1 LSE's and they were also black.

Members online

No members online now.
Back