Might Have to sell the ls.

thanks alot i am in the car feild i worked for bentley lambo longisland and kelly bule blook is not what you can go buy

Just trying to help.

Usually I know people who have dealer licenses that buy at Adesa auction and they actually go by the black book but typically the public cannot get those.

My experience with trade-in on KBB is usually within $500.00 of reality I consider that pretty accurate, having traded 6 cars in over the years. Additionally private party is also a pretty good place to start when pricing your LS. The problem is when people think their cars are in a better condition than they are (not talking about you onefreshls) I had a dealer once tell me they would not even consider cars straight from the factory as "excellent". So most excellently maintained used cars fall into the "very good" category.

People on here generally agree you can probaly get 14K out of your car. With options you listed and using 45K for miles "very good" condition KBB says...
retail- 14,922.00
private party-$12,672.00
trade-in-$10,392.00

Thats not way off... I have the identical car as you and have checked into getting rid of it as well.

The best advice anyone can give you is price it below the comparably equipped 06's in your area and don't try to sell it on LVC.

Fresh... You asked, we answered... take it for what its worth. I hope you get every dime you want.... Stupid to debate what you car is worth / what you'll get for it. Its all about finding the right buyer at the right time (sometimes hard to do)

Let us know what you replace it with!

thanks alot i am in the car feild i worked for bentley lambo longisland and kelly bule blook is not what you can go buy

If you work for a dealer then you know to use NADA and the prices thrown in here are within that range.

12K is not an insult....i got mine for around that price 1.5 years ago with same options as yours just 20K more miles.

The value of our vehicles has gone down since then. High range $14K low range $12K. Do not expect to get any more and dont let it go for under $12K.

These are nice cars but they depreciate like hell...which is why most of us can afford them in the first place. $12K for a 6 year old vehicle is still a good return.

every fluid in the car is royal purple.

That alone would make the car suspect to me.
Reality is mods really don't add up to much except your inclination, to me some of what you did would subtract. At the end of the day it's a low mileage, very clean '06 LS

I don't see why people keep their cars out of the rain. Maybe if it is a recently restored classic in mint condition that someone may put 1500 miles on in a year; but these are luxury cars. What is the luxury for? To keep you comfortable, while you drive the car, daily.

"Hey man, my Lincoln is so comfortable to drive, it's real smooth at speed, and I love the feel of it while driving. You should check out all the options."

"Ohh sweet, well then where is it?"

"Well it is at my house in the garage. I drive my boring and less comfortable Honda around to keep the miles down on the LS. That way it only depreciates $5,000 this year."

"Doesn't that defeat the purpose of purchasing it? Especially for the price?"

"Nahh, it's super clean, never been wet. I dust it weekly."

Utilize the luxury you paid for.

yea to me it doesnt matter about what i paid for it. i have always loved the car and i have had it 6 years. the rason it has never been in the snow is bc i had an 02 ls sport and it sucked in the snow. plus i bought a truck just for the winter with plow.

Thank you guys again for all your input it means alot to mean that you took the time to read it all.

At the end of the day, our cars our not collector level vehicles but rather very underappreciated examples of an actually good idea, even though not always well mechanically executed. By the compliments we get, we know the styling was dead on. I love my gen 1 just as much as I do a gen 2. An LS is an LS. Even though we may not always agree in the add on department. :)

Hey guys i got good news it looks like i dont have to sell the ls. im very happy i dont know is can do thins again to it. im looking to do an intake chip and exhaust. would love some input on this and might even want to do rims and another set of new tire's so please let me know what you guys think thank again

Ooohh, i just posted in your other thread....looks like i found the answer haha

Hey thanks for letting me know you weren't selling it.... I PM'ed you right away to let you know I was very interested in your car - guess I'll keep looking

@ HD DAVE PM AGAIN i can still talk if i get the right number would consider still selling you no

Members online

No members online now.
Back