mickey mouse it?

LSmafioso

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of buying these and rewiring them to work off a 12v power supply, but ive never really done anything like this i was wondering if since they got a transformer that they wont work unless hoked up by the harness supplied could someone gimme a lil direction?
Ange Eyes :feedback

right - these are the same ones - only white not blue - that I used. the CCFLs run at a very high voltage and reqire the ballast to step up the 12v to work. The ballast is designed to work on 12v so you do not have any re-wiring to do.

LSmafioso said:
i was thinking of buying these and rewiring them to work off a 12v power supply, but ive never really done anything like this i was wondering if since they got a transformer that they wont work unless hoked up by the harness supplied could someone gimme a lil direction?
Ange Eyes :feedback
Be careful with that particular size ring. That is a 132mm diameter ring and it is a tad bit too big for it to properly fit on the LS headlights. I know this because I have three sets of those. You will need to get either the 127mm diameter ring or the smaller 106.5mm rings. Either of those sizes will fit.

GrayGhost1 said:
Be careful with that particular size ring. That is a 132mm diameter ring and it is a tad bit too big for it to properly fit on the LS headlights. I know this because I have three sets of those. You will need to get either the 127mm diameter ring or the smaller 106.5mm rings. Either of those sizes will fit.

Wonder whos those rings are for??

-Scott- :Beer

Damn... those would look kinda cool. Anyone have these on their car already? How hard is it to install them?

im thinkin i might just buy em up and see if i can make them work. unless there is no way for them to be moded to fit inside the headlight, i dont see a size on the link? and i cant seem to find anywhere the 127 or 106.5s. who knows? :iconcur:

LSmafioso said:
im thinkin i might just buy em up and see if i can make them work. unless there is no way for them to be moded to fit inside the headlight, i dont see a size on the link? and i cant seem to find anywhere the 127 or 106.5s. who knows? :iconcur:
I've got two rings coming in the 127mm and 106.5mm size to test out. If either works I'll have these on my website soon. They'll only be white since white is the only color those sizes come in. I'll have a DIY kit available for someone wanting to make these themselves.

Awesome... def post that up and let us know how it works out. I would love to put these on the LS.

Visalize said:
Damn... those would look kinda cool. Anyone have these on their car already? How hard is it to install them?

read my post above - yes I have them installed. I have use the e36 rings many times.

Quik LS said:
read my post above - yes I have them installed. I have use the e36 rings many times.

I also have a set of e36 rings that I am in the process of installing.

just bought them, cant wait to get them and install, im planning on clearing them out while im in there. it should look sexy when im done. :L

I also bought the rings and installed them my self, I think it has been my best mod so far. Just becareful so seal up the light back up right, since you have to drill holes in the back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back