Mechanic Needed

Bmetzger8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a list of things I need to fix on my 98. I don't have enough time or expertise to do them. Anyone know of a good inexpensive but trustworthy mechanic in the Chicago area?

As Dave said what do you need done? I know of a few good mechanics in the chicago area. But it depends on what you need fixed. Some are better at fixing some things than other things.

Here are a few of the things that I need to fix:

1. Check engine light is on.
2. Check traction contol and abs lights are on (I believe it needs a new pump).
3. Strange noise from front driver side fender.
4. Needs new parking brake cable.
5. transmission is sloppy.
6. Steering is sloppy.

Where in chicago are you? There is a Mechanic in Villa Park that is pretty good and doesnt charge a fortune. His name is Jerry, Repairs Plus, 217 W. St Charles, 630-834-2886

I'd like to come and take a look at it for you, but I live about 4.5 hours south. I would talk to Jbit (the guy who asked what you needed done(, as he knows quite a bit about these cars.

I would be more than happy to take a look at it on the 10th of dec, because were gonna be up that way for the LVC X-Mas meet. Your problems sound fairly common, and should'nt be too much of a problem. I have the OBD2 scanner needed to look up the codes.

Mike

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm not in a huge rush. I could wait till December. I don't need the car back right away either. If it takes a few weeks to get everything done thats fine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back