Mark VIII Weight

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This seems to be a rather common discussion. Took this at the track a few weeks ago. This is with a 1/4 tank of gas, standard size spare, my tool bag (30lbs), mini floor jack (6lbs), 4 bar (3lbs), portable air compressor (8ish lbs), and 1/2 qt of oil. Yes I felt it necessary to mention the oil. :lol:

3775lbs:
IMAG0109-1.jpg

Not too bad, my buddies 03 Cobra weighed 3600 exact with 1/2 tank of gas, and nothing removed.

This seems to be a rather common discussion. Took this at the track a few weeks ago. This is with a 1/4 tank of gas, standard size spare, my tool bag (30lbs), mini floor jack (6lbs), 4 bar (3lbs), portable air compressor (8ish lbs), and 1/2 qt of oil. Yes I felt it necessary to mention the oil. :lol:

3775lbs:
IMAG0109-1.jpg

Not too bad, my buddies 03 Cobra weighed 3600 exact with 1/2 tank of gas, and nothing removed.

Thats with you NOT in the car correct. Mine was 4000 with me, so mine was 3800. Pretty darn close.

Compared to most cars nowadays, our cars are pretty light for their size.

Thats with you NOT in the car correct. Mine was 4000 with me, so mine was 3800. Pretty darn close.

Correct, it was 4020 with my fatass in the car. :lol:

Fuel level creates the biggest variance with the weight on these cars.

Mark0101- You're not joking on the weight being relatively light by comparison these days. Also the size difference is nuts. These cars are by no means tiny, but I had a new Challenger park next to me...that thing was huge compared to the Mark!

Looks like the scale at Bandimere.

Who cares how much your fat ass weighs :p

What was your ET???
You there on the 9th for testing?

Looks like the scale at Bandimere.

Who cares how much your fat ass weighs :p

What was your ET???
You there on the 9th for testing?
Bandimere would be correct. I was part of the private track rental on March 25th.

My ET's...sucked. :lol: Was still on my snow tires (planned on selling the car at that point, so didn't bother with anymore upgrades(hub swap)). Spun both when loading the converter, and shocking the converter. Car felt like it was on the street on the 1-2 shift, meaning it would spin slightly and chirp.

Snow tires + 4.10's =
R/T: .100
60': 2.509
1/4: 16.486
MPH: 85.21

That makes me miss the 2980 lb weight of my 90 LX with me in it. Of course I did some weight savings on that car, but still......

Bandimere would be correct. I was part of the private track rental on March 25th.
Fun!
Love that track, drank a few cold ones at that scale after a bud won the Mile high nats.
Fun times, fun track.
nut.jpg

My ET's...sucked. :lol: Was still on my snow tires (planned on selling the car at that point, so didn't bother with anymore upgrades(hub swap)). Spun both when loading the converter, and shocking the converter. Car felt like it was on the street on the 1-2 shift, meaning it would spin slightly and chirp.

Snow tires + 4.10's =
R/T: .100
60': 2.509
1/4: 16.486
MPH: 85.21

Got to love that thin air!!
You had fun none the less.

I have gone 138 mph in a superstreet car at that track.
Up hill after the traps. nice.

Was a fun time indeed. Just dicking around I got 8-9 runs in, then watched for an hour. First trip to the track in a good 4 years.

It's fun seeing people make snide remarks about 1/4 times when unfamiliar with with high altitude on some of my boards. After trying to explain the track Alt. is 6200ft, I just point out: THEY BUILT A TRACK INTO A MOUNTAIN! :lol:

One guy had a new CTS-V (nice car), and he was running everything between 13.5-20's. :lol:
Most fun was the g/f finally understanding why I like Powertrokes after one on 35's ran 11.7. :lol:

I can't tell you how many racer's I have seen go there and try to"sort" out their car.
Frustrating no doubt.
Get there ass handed to them by local racers.

The Bandimere family...awesome people.

There were a couple accidents that resulted in the track being shutdown for 30-90 minutes. Was still fun chatting in the staging lanes while waiting.

Last time I went years ago, was a T&T. On a local board prior to that, had a guy get pissy when I told him his Trans Am will be about 14.5, as that was the average for a stock one. So he went up there the same night to prove me wrong, since the specs listed faster. Yeah...14.8 average all night. :lol:

Correct, it was 4020 with my fatass in the car. :lol:

Fuel level creates the biggest variance with the weight on these cars.

Mark0101- You're not joking on the weight being relatively light by comparison these days. Also the size difference is nuts. These cars are by no means tiny, but I had a new Challenger park next to me...that thing was huge compared to the Mark!
I had seen a new Challenger here locally and thought the same thing.And all I did was drive by it.These new Challengers and Camaros are just plain huge these days.

I had thought the M8 would have weighed more because of air ride.

"Pony Cars" My Ass. :lol: That is one big reason why the new 5.0 is whooping them.I still would not mind a new Challenger though.Big but nice.

I had thought the M8 would have weighed more because of air ride.
Was slightly surprised myself. Just imagine how fun it would be to get one in the 3200lb range.

"Pony Cars" My Ass. :lol: That is one big reason why the new 5.0 is whooping them.I still would not mind a new Challenger though.Big but nice.
Aye, for "pony cars" they are some over stuffed ponies. Mustang is lightest by atleast 400lbs. Challenger is the best looking of the retro, but that is where the compliments stop for the land barge.

Members online

No members online now.
Back