Mark VIII vs. WRX Non STi

MachVIII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend keeps harrassing me about racing. He seems to think my car is a sled. (95 LSC). He drives a 2001 WRX NON STi . Anyone care to speculate on the outcome if we did race?

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
0-60 in 5.7 sec
1/4 mile in 14.4 sec

It would seem that he would have the advantage.

beating stis

i raced one last month on the highway . once we got to 100mph i beat the piss out of it. and it was an sti. prob stock. mines not though. theyre quick but the awd kills their top end.

The STI has very good top end, they usually trap over 100mph stock. I doubt your Mark VIII traps that much, he probably let off.

A stock Mark VIII should do well against a stock WRX non STI from a roll.

I agree it should win but totally kill it. Depending on the rolling start the Mark should hang pretty good. IMO.

It does appear their 0-60 is more impressive than their 1/4.

From a roll it will be close. From a dig the WRX will beat us, stock for stock. If it were me I'd see if he would go from a 70 roll, one of the best speeds for us, but the AWD WRX is at a disadvantage at such a speed.

Dern, you're giving the WRX way too much credit. Maybe you have STi in your head, but we're not talking STi.

From a roll it will be close. From a dig the WRX will beat us, stock for stock. If it were me I'd see if he would go from a 70 roll, one of the best speeds for us, but the AWD WRX is at a disadvantage at such a speed.

Dern, you're giving the WRX way too much credit. Maybe you have STi in your head, but we're not talking STi.

I think your right about the 70 roll, maybe ill offer that. If he wants it from a stop ill just tell him I dont want to blow my tranny...:shifty: .

70mph roll? Who races like that, really? If you're going to race, take it to the track...and race from a stand-still like everybody else.

I think your right about the 70 roll, maybe ill offer that. If he wants it from a stop ill just tell him I dont want to blow my tranny...:shifty: .

Come on, don't make excuses. That'll just make you look bad. If he wants to race, tell him that he's got you. If he's faster, he's faster. That's all there is to it. There are cars faster than yours, and there are cars faster than his. Race him regardless; you'll probably hang with him a bit more than he's expecting, and you might just give him a little respect for what a 2-ton land-yacht can do.

Yeah your probably right.

70mph roll? Who races like that, really? If you're going to race, take it to the track...and race from a stand-still like everybody else.

Come on, don't make excuses. That'll just make you look bad. If he wants to race, tell him that he's got you. If he's faster, he's faster. That's all there is to it. There are cars faster than yours, and there are cars faster than his. Race him regardless; you'll probably hang with him a bit more than he's expecting, and you might just give him a little respect for what a 2-ton land-yacht can do.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Land yacht... thats good.

A lot of people race from a roll for two reasons... 1 it's easier on your car, two there are a lot more variables involved from a dig, like traction. Racing from a roll is an easy way to see which car is faster, racing from a dig basically shows which car is quicker. There is a big difference. A stock WRX will trap 92-95mph in the 1/4 mile. If he has any mods at all he will gain the advantage even from a roll.

Members online

No members online now.
Back