Mark VIII problems

joy41

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 1996 Mark VIII has problems the dealer cannot help with. First the steering wheel bounces so much, it makes your hand numb. Tires are new, aligned. First time they installed new front rotors and rotated back rotors, cost $431. That didn't work so they checked everything and said, they had no idea. The Message Center came up with Oil Temp Error. Back to dealer. They tell me there is no such item in their books so the car must be okay. Took car to two other dealers, same reply. For several months car has sounded like body and frame are crashing together - after a few miles, it calms down. Dealer cannot find anything rubbing and said it would be silly to pay them $45 an hour to put car on rack and bump it up and down. Shifting also is a problem, it shifts whenever it wants to. Was told transmission is fine. Any ideas and answers would be greatly appreciated. I have a beautiful car with spoiler and convention kit, but I need help getting these things fixed.

Thank You

captainalias said:
This probably goes into the Mark VIII forum, not the LS forum as you have done here.

I'm sorry, I am new to this forum and posting and am having a hard time figuring out how to get where I'm going or where I should be. Thank you for your help. I know my Mark VIII says LS so I figured this is where I should have gone. Thanks again.

Well, the obvious answer to your problem is to sell the Mark and buy an LS. :D

But you'll probably find more helpful resonses in the Mark VIII forum; in here, you're talking to a bunch of guys and gals who have an entirely different car...

I realize that and I appreciate your replies and I have listed my question on the Mark VIII forum, so give me a break, I am a beginner (old, but a beginner) and I am sorry if I troubled the LS group.

joy41 said:
I realize that and I appreciate your replies and I have listed my question on the Mark VIII forum, so give me a break, I am a beginner (old, but a beginner) and I am sorry if I troubled the LS group.
It's no trouble at all; some of us enjoy the chance to be a smart-@$$. :D Welcome to LVC, and here's hoping the Mark crowd helps you find the real solution to your problem.

WELCOME! Nice to have you to the club!

No worries, these are really kittens, don't let em scare ya (the LS guys are,... well... they got that napeoleon complex thing going on, ya know, not owning a Mark and all..), you know I'm teasing guys...NOT - lolol

Cut, paste and drop that question of yours into the MarkVIII forum and the MVIII owners/lovers will hook you up, thanks for steering em in the right direction guys!

Good luck with the shakes (if I'd known ya better Id tell ya to lay off the drugs-lolol).

Debi

thanks, I'll try not to be intimidated and who knows, I may buy an LS - of course then I would have to get rid of my van and my truck. On the other hand, ya'll have a lot of great information in your forums and I'm enjoying every minute - oh yeah, I'm learning too. Yes, I did post in the Mark VIII forum once I figured out what I was supposed to do. Thanks guys and gals, it's been fun.

yes welcome and im shure if you cut and past like Debi set youll find even more help :)

my conversion kit makes the Mark look extremely classy - the spoiler makes it racy - have had a lot of compliments on it's looks and a lot of folks say, I'd like to buy it from you but can't afford it. I've never seen one exactly like mine, it is a very good car, just has quirks like everything else. only 84,000 mile too and 28 mile to the gal. and it does go, I realize that when I look down and see 80 instead of 70. guess no one in the Mark VIII forum has the answers either as I have no replies. Maybe I shoud just stick with you folks.

Why is it that the LS forum is so active?

I find the Cadillac forum to be very quiet, maybe just a bunch of introverts. :waving:

amazing, even tho I ask my question in the wrong forum, at least the LS folks have suggested do's and don'ts for me - the Mark VIII folks either don't have any answers or prefer not to discuss my auto problems. Thanx LS guys/gals - you're OK.

Members online

No members online now.
Back