Mark VIII Neglect

LOL, Anything else not pertaining to this thread? Did your door turn into a jar?

LOL, Anything else not pertaining to this thread? Did your door turn into a jar?
No WD 40 takes care of the ol door ajar! Lmao! This is the most active thread in here, and you and a few others are well respected and know these cars so thought I’d ask. Thanks

No worries. Just takes a while to scroll down the thread that has nothing to do with my car.

Question doesn’t pertain to the thread but this is the most active thread on here so thought I’d ask. Do all Mark owners experience quite a bit of power loss with max ac on? I’ve owned 4 Marks and they always fall flat with the ac on. Do I just have bad luck or do these things lose that much under ac load?
Oh my buddies is 300 pounds the other buddy is about 170 And I’ll take them for a spin in my LSC Half a gas tank full and T/C off , O/D OFF and they both will be screaming for me to slow down With the A/C on automatic freezer cold ha ha

Oh my buddies is 300 pounds the other buddy is about 170 And I’ll take them for a spin in my LSC Half a gas tank full and T/C off , O/D OFF and they both will be screaming for me to slow down With the A/C on automatic freezer cold ha ha
I lose a lot of power with ac on. All of my Marks have done this. I’ve been told by numerous enthusiasts that it’s normal due to the belt drive system. And if I really put my foot in it the ac actually loses coolness for a brief moment

Yea I had max ac on Thursday and everytime I floored it I swear it was kicking out hot air, but as others have pointed out this is very normal. Although my blend door motor is shot which might have something to do with it

Yea I had max ac on Thursday and everytime I floored it I swear it was kicking out hot air, but as others have pointed out this is very normal. Although my blend door motor is shot which might have something to do with it
Hmm never experienced that maybe because I don’t used MAX button at all always keep it on AUTO with the coldest temp

Normally that's what I do but Thursday it was like 90 and figured max would be awesome but not really, interestingly I drove a cab briefly and the crown vic had a max button but that one worked like a charm

Normally that's what I do but Thursday it was like 90 and figured max would be awesome but not really, interestingly I drove a cab briefly and the crown vic had a max button but that one worked like a charm
Yeah I stayed away from max just because I herd a extra little kick outta the engine from using it so I figured AUTO was a “less stressful” option on the engine plus my system must have been recharged because it gets ice cold Immediately , compared to my wife’s 2020 Honda that is lol

Yea after last Thursday I decided to never use it again I think what would really help in my case is window tint

Yea after last Thursday I decided to never use it again I think what would really help in my case is window tint
Yea I’ve got a mild window tint seems to help a bit , r.i.p to my other 97 LSC that was totaled in 2016 , that had limo tint and it sure helped but I sure got pulled over a lot more lol

Yea I'm thinking of saving for window tint maybe 18-20% tint it'll be dark but not too dark lol
Yeah I believe that’s what I have now because it’s def. not illegal as chp noted to me one day after he seen me fish tail an entire intersection lol

I think 35 might be the law here but 20 and 35 look very similar I don't think a cop would notice in passing

I run 5% on mine and never had a cop look twice. I might have to get my blend door looked at then. Although it does switch from ac to heat fine. Or maybe a recharge on Freon may help. It’s not a big deal. Not like I’m gonna try and race with Max ac on lmao.

If you switch from heat to cold fine then your blend door is fine I'd still reinforce it though, but yea you might need freon

If you switch from heat to cold fine then your blend door is fine I'd still reinforce it though, but yea you might need freon
Gonna recharge tomorrow and see what it does. Heat wave this week too. 93 plus for the next 10 days

Ok,
Was gonna update on my brakes being done, and the convertible top motor and hydraulics being worked on, with sexy photos, but forget about this page. Have fun with whatever you are rambling on about.

Ok,
Was gonna update on my brakes being done, and the convertible top motor and hydraulics being worked on, with sexy photos, but forget about this page. Have fun with whatever you are rambling on about.
Never ever forget this page that’s for sure , on another note I have a punk Mark Vii wash my Mark VIII yesterday lol

22506449-E0F3-4DA4-ADF1-34395402C6CA.jpeg

F2E3C3C9-821B-4D48-A71D-2E176F0DD637.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.
Back