Mark VIII Gen2 rear window

Would there be a feasible way to swap the 97-98 glass into a first gen and retro-fit the in glass antenna?

wouldnt be worth the trouble in my opinion. the reception from it sucks anyway why would you want to, if you want the shaved antenna look, take the factory one out and buy what they call a hidden antenna, you can mount them anywhere you want, inside the trunk, a door.... you get the idea!

wouldnt be worth the trouble in my opinion. the reception from it sucks anyway why would you want to, if you want the shaved antenna look, take the factory one out and buy what they call a hidden antenna, you can mount them anywhere you want, inside the trunk, a door.... you get the idea!

Good point Jamie.

i meant if you put the 2nd gen window into a first gen the reception would suck because the 2nd gen has 2 different signal boosters wired into the cars harness, one on the right trunk hinge and another on the top of the rear deck under the carpet directly behind the 3rd brake light assembly, trying to wire those into a first gen to make it work right would be a nightmare, so if you put the window in, and somehow just hooked your coax to the tabs on the glass, your reception would suck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back