Mark VII w/ front coilovers and rear aqdjustable coil springs *HELP*

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im looking to convert my 88' Mark VII to a fully adjustable coil spring suspension. The front end seems simple enough. You buy the front kit, like the single adjust QA1 pro coil system. Hardest part choosing spring poundage and working the adjustable caster camber kits. First question, whats the deal with the caster camber kits? Bolt up able? Modifications?

Now lets talk about the rear. I refuse to use coil overs on the rear. I would rather keep the spring where the air bag sat. #1 question, Steeda lower control arms that have the adjusting spring seat. Do they fit Mark VII? I heard they are 3/8s short and doesn't matter. They will bolt up? Is there a better lower control arm to use? That still has an adjustable spring seat? Maybe better price or that can make up the 3/8s length issue. . .

I have a ton into this car. SN95 front spindles, 99 13" Cobra front brakes, T5, 3.55 gears, had the Kenne Bell on it, now it will be Powerdyned again, etc. 400 horse seems great in these cars. I just need mine to handle better. The front end has to much stroke. Great for drag racing. Horrible for controlled sliding and cornering. The rear seems great, the front is constantly bottoming out or over lifting under hard braking or accelerating. I don't need a 5000 different adjusting coil kit. Its a car I have fun with during the weekends.

I have done a good two weeks or more of searching. I don't want to go on a buying spree and buy parts that wont fit or I wont be happy with. Point out different forums, pictures would be helpful. I like pictures and years of mustang parts that will fit. I need help, Im looking to get more confident in doing this swap before I do it. . .

QA1 Single Adjustable pro coil system -

Biggest question, considering the Mark is heavier. wouldn't we agree on using a stiffer spring and longer travel?

175 200 or 250* spring? Compressed height - 13.07 14.62 or 15.07*? Extended height - 19.31 20.87 or 21.23*?

Or am I miss spoken?

Caster Comber kits -

What year mustang works, should I stay with the SN95 version? Is there a year that bolts up to the Mark VII? Can I use them with the QA1 Kit?

Rear mounting question -

If the Mustang lower arm bolts up and works. What spring should I consider and where? What do I have to do for the upper seat of the spring?

After all said and done, how can I re center the rear wheel? Even now, its a little forward because of it being lowered on the air springs.

You are still around? Wild. You will probably be best off asking on LoL or the Club forum...they are pretty much the only Mark VII support left.

You are still around? Wild. You will probably be best off asking on LoL or the Club forum...they are pretty much the only Mark VII support left.

Yeah well good luck to anyone currently trying to register at LincolnsOnline. I tried and it kept rejecting it with a message about preventing spam bots but advising that if it was in error to use their "Contact Us" button.

The only problem? They either dont have one or have made it waaaay to difficult to find. I looked all over that site and couldnt find it anywhere so I gave up and just decided to stay here.

Yeah well good luck to anyone currently trying to register at LincolnsOnline. I tried and it kept rejecting it with a message about preventing spam bots but advising that if it was in error to use their "Contact Us" button.

What sort of email are you using? I can shoot a message to the admin over there if you let me know the details.

What sort of email are you using? I can shoot a message to the admin over there if you let me know the details.

Hey Josh appreciate it. Using the exact same old hotmail acct that I have registered with on other forums over several years. If they can fix it up great... if they can't do it with that email acct, no big deal. Either way, creating an actual existing contact link would be helpful if their site is suggesting people use it. ;)

Hey Josh appreciate it. Using the exact same old hotmail acct that I have registered with on other forums over several years. If they can fix it up great... if they can't do it with that email acct, no big deal. Either way, creating an actual existing contact link would be helpful if their site is suggesting people use it. ;)
I will send a message to Kat. Here is the contact link, from the bottom of the "Forum" page:
http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/sendmessage.php

Rear mounting question -

If the Mustang lower arm bolts up and works. What spring should I consider and where? What do I have to do for the upper seat of the spring?

After all said and done, how can I re center the rear wheel? Even now, its a little forward because of it being lowered on the air springs.

I know this is a yr old post but still helps to have info out there for current or future searches. I've done both the Foxbody coil spring setup and coilovers on the rear of my 92 Mark. So I'll list what I know about it and anyone else can add their experiences or input.

The 87-8 foxbody Tbird/Cougar lower control arms could be used with conventional foxbody or SN95 rear coil springs if a steel plate is fabricated as an upper spring perch and welded in on the cars subframe where the top of the air spring used to rest.

Or aftermarket adjustable lower control control arms like those from Kenny Brown or Maximum Motorsports could be used. Adjustable upper control arms are available to that have plenty of thread to be screwed out to whatever length you need to match the Mark 7's original control arm length as measured from centerline to centerline of front and rear mounting holes.

Or, you can use the arms as above but instead of using a conventional Foxbody rear coil spring setup...you can use a quality rear coilover setup like those from KB or MM.

Members online

Back