mark power plant in a 67 fairlane

attachment.php

Now this is a big block.... ;)

Ah! The good ol' GAA tank engine! Those things are huge (and gorgeous)!!! 1100 cubes (18.0 liters!!!) if I'm not mistaken. I'd just like to have one to look at and drool over. There aren't many cars or trucks (except maybe a Ford F-Series Super Duty) that could hold that engine without some major mods.

I remember hearing about a old dealership going out of business and behind the building they found a trailer full of NOS ford chit and a gang 427 SOHCs and cobra jet motors too.

hemi in a cobra.... nah nah.

my (give a left nut) dream car...
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1966-shelby-cobra-427-super-snake.htm

do not know if it gives the total history but carrols parsonal car sold to mickey thompson then bill cosby. 427 twin sc BEAST for the low low price of $5.5 million

Some guy showed up at the cruise in Somerville NJ and claimed his Cobra was this car. I should have gone back and got him on video making this claim so I could have shot him down with his lie :rolleyes:

Some guy showed up at the cruise in Somerville NJ and claimed his Cobra was this car. I should have gone back and got him on video making this claim so I could have shot him down with his lie :rolleyes:

i would have called bull:q:q:q:q until he showed me. and if it was the real car i would have robbed him at gunpoint, hidden the car and done the time. soooo worth it.

Wow.... Talk about under carb'd... Boss 302's could be had with two of those...

RearTop.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWzMTx0U7EJ2Fh05DLWU2BWmpjLUkLDCUAqOkTwzeXtw0Ax8Sd5PnzYCaH.jpg

WOW that Cobra looks good Black and Gold. Years ago I had a Boss 302 and Some were hear in Fayetteville (A junk Yard) In there garage was a Cross Boss intake and in line carb. Wish I would have bought it. But at the time I knew what it was and had read that they didn't work well in drag racing due to fuel starvation some were on it. But they said it was great for road course cars ??? So I passed on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back