Mark 8 gears and engine mods

I dont know guys, but he was talking mustangs.. My friend is running a 3.55 in his Twin Turbo 351W 95 Mustang.. And he is about to go lower than a 3.55.. So to say its a weinie gear is pretty harsh.. Real Fast cars dont need tall gears to go fast would be a better statement. hense the reason i have 4.10's in my Mark.. Because its not that fast.

Might be a waste for a guy with an LSC to go to a 3.55. and its not as hard as everyone says. i did mine on a bench, with jack stands and a floor jack. took me a day but its not that hard.. If you plan on doing HUGE mods and making real power, then dont go with too big of a gear, unless you want to run a hella tall tire. Just my .02

If you get SKEERED that your "high revving high tech DOHC motor that was designed for high RPM use" is revving too high on the hiway...lemme know!

(lol)

Sorry, but I must dispute... NOTHING with powdered metal connecting rods was ever TRUILY designed for high RPM.

I've been doing 400mi highway per week in my 93 with 4.11s, the highway RPM doesn't worry me... But the mileage between this car and my old 94 is about 5-6mpg under similar conditions - they are different cars, and maybe the 94 was just a factory freak for mileage. But IMO, leave the stock gears unless you're going 4.10 or more, anything in between is too much of a compromise.

Going 80mph getting around 30mpg at 2k is nice too.:D Jumping off at the light is nice but messing with the high end imports on the highway is more fun to me. Its always funny to watch the geared cars blow by for two seconds then drop back to 80 'cause they can't keep the engine at that high rpm for very long. Cruise fast, cruise long. Extra gear is nice if you like top end speed. Just my .02. After power adders I still might not go over 3.55. I like high speed and a decent amount of traction. If your into 1/4 times, smoking tires and racing between red lights go for the gears. One of the best things about customizing cars is the customizing. We can shape our cars to our individual tastes. Lets share our experiences and give our opinions, and bicker a little less. I think our club has some of the best cars around. BTW smoking the tires is like a little bit of heaven!:D

passing:

Ya, Ray's passing is very hard to take at this time. It would be grately appreciated that you please change your name, it's too close to our son, Ray-1wykdmk8. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back