Mark 8 gears and engine mods

1wyckd8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 mark 8 with the mufflers removed and 2.5" pipes ran out the back. I am looking to change the gears and do some engine upgrades does anyone have any suggestions?

wow people love that user name

do the gears. 4.10s. they will be useless without a posi. so do that too.

there should be a sticky thread with a list of things to do first on a mark viii...it seems to be a popular question.

o and have fun with your mark

I dunno about that screen name....

On another note why don't you search and read a little bit before asking for people to spoon feed you please.

how does the mark8 sound with the mufflers removed and tail pipes ran like that ?

At the top of the forum is a sticky thread with nothing but muffler talk, and exhaust clips.

and the smartassness just keeps on rolling. i was asking the person who started the thread about how he likes his exhaust. didnt need a "kid" ( by your own name ) to toss in anything. im quite familiar with sites like youtube and streetfire. needless comments like yours make yourself and the entire site seem almost useless

Hey man you really should change your screen name. Too close to Ray's name. Can't have that, the name goes with the person.

and the smartassness just keeps on rolling. i was asking the person who started the thread about how he likes his exhaust. didnt need a "kid" ( by your own name ) to toss in anything. im quite familiar with sites like youtube and streetfire. needless comments like yours make yourself and the entire site seem almost useless

great 18th post!...

hey, it's the internet.. if you dont want smartass answers to go the library.

I mean.. hell.. your from waco.. home of NTAC.. you'd think you were well versed at dealing with smartasses.

Hey man you really should change your screen name. Too close to Ray's name. Can't have that, the name goes with the person.

I'd have to agree with the screen name as it's close to Ray's a good friend of many here. I know you are young and new to the site but Ray was a founding member of LvC and his recent passing is still hard to take for many.

I'd contact Joey and see what you can do about it.

Also, you do have to get use to some of the discussion here. I agree that we shouldn't jump on new members especially when they are not familiar with LvC. But in any car forum you have to have some thick skin from time to time, and understand that you may get a comment that you are not happy. Problem is without knowing the personality of the person you are typing at it's hard to know how they mean what they are typing. Guess we all need to watch a little how we formulate our posts.

Kustomizingdkid is a good member here and has a lot to offer. Might come on strong from time to time but you'll find out that he'll be a good asset to you. He knows a lot for a little punk kid :D

Kustomizingdkid is a good member here and has a lot to offer.
Brandon is a really good guy, he recently went "above and beyond" to get me a part for my car that I desperately needed...

+1 for kustomizingkid!

Back to the original question. Do the maintanence items first, fluid fushes, spark plugs, wires, etc. Next comes the Jmod, air silencer removal, you already have the exhaust, so your good there. 3:73's or 4:10's seem to be the most popular gear options for our cars, along with track lock. The gears really wake the car up. Do some reading on Tuners from various venders such as SCT, which is what I went with, and couldnt be happier.

That should keep you busy for a while.

great, i get called helpless from a complete stranger and i get the -1.... not saying hes a bad person, just that if anybody doesnt have something helpful to add to a post why chime in with comments like that ?

great, i get called helpless from a complete stranger and i get the -1.... not saying hes a bad person, just that if anybody doesnt have something helpful to add to a post why chime in with comments like that ?

You need to chill mang...

You come on and ask a question that is very open about how exhuast sounds, which is a very arbitrary thing when using word to describe it, it not like snap crackle pop in your breakfast cereal...

If you had quoted the thread starter and asked a question like, how do you personally think the exhuast on your Mark sounds? or Could you post a vid so I could hear your exhuast? Those would have gotten you exactly what you wanted.

Remeber that some of us have been around for a long time, newbs can rub ya the wrong way really easy. I will just personally appologize for being rude, but try putting a little more thought into your posts, and try searching first.

Members online

Back