MAN... that's low!!!!

cobrabird

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Put my Vogtland 1.6" drop springs on this weekend along with my Addco sway bar. Interesting results are .... that's a BIG 1.6" inches , floaty front end and super tight (but acceptable) rear, and MUCH reduced sway. The rear end needs to go about an inch higher, and the front needs to be much tighter. Have brand new KYB's shocks on the front.

Has anyone else used the springs? Any ideas on stiffening the front more?

Pics tomorrow. Camera not cooperating.

Bigger front bar and frame braces, get off the skinny stockers and get something 9" all around

When you do a larger bar in the front, do yourself an added favor and relocate the oil filter

Will that fix the floating? It's badddddddddd. It might seem more pronounced because the rear is so stiff.

It'll make it much tighter ..wont help bouncy tho ..

Adjustable KYBs?

Air rocks.

I agree. Air can go low too. Air can come back up to normal height too and I never bounce. Well, if I have it low, it does bounce pretty bad lol.

Low

LoweredFrontNoLights.jpg

Normal

NormalHeight-1.jpg

Post some pics of different angles of your car, id like to see just hot low it is..I've been wanting to get the American air 1.5" lowered conversion for mine but I'm afraid it will be too low, I've only seen pics of 2 diff cars with them on..

To raise the rear get 2 sets of Prothane 61709 isolators. Each order includes 2 isolators. Should be about $43 shipped for 4 total. Use 1 for both the top and bottom of each spring. Iirc I gained about an inch back there vs the flat/worn/rubber non prothane isolators.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=61709

For the fronts i'd say tokicos but I don't know if places are stocking them yet.

This pic is at a slight incline but the fronts are @ 26" and the rears are at 26.5"~ with a full tank and speakers. W/o them I was just shy of 27". I can fit 1 of my fingers in between the tire and wheel well easily in back, the front has about a .5" gap between the top of the tire and wheel well..

Picture374-1.jpg

Well my camera and computer are mad at each other.:( My car sits like (nolimit95) in the pic above. Rear tires sit just under the fender and the front sits about 3/4 above the tire. Add an inch to the back and she will be perfect. Ordering the prothane bushings tomorrow. Love the sway bar btw !!! Everyone should get one!!!

Post some pics of different angles of your car, id like to see just hot low it is..I've been wanting to get the American air 1.5" lowered conversion for mine but I'm afraid it will be too low, I've only seen pics of 2 diff cars with them on..

Kevin, see the pic above of sbcaprice's car? That's almost dead on to what you would have with Eddies 1.5 lowered kit. I almost went with the kit myself but I can not bring myself off the air. Show pics of the cars you have seen with his kit on. I might can round up more but the pic above is almost right on the money of the height it would be.

I got this lowered lowered kit about 3-4 years ago and att they came with the monro-matic's or the gas-matics struts(blue kind, both are cheap), not sure if the kit still comes with them but i'd shy away if they do. I don't think the kit comes with the rear isolators(needed) either, only the upper metal perch..

If I could do it all over again i'd piece a kit together. I think once I swap out the front struts i'll finally be happy with it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back