Making a lincoln mark VIII model... need your help

SC_Steve

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey peeps... I want to build a Lincoln Mark VIII model via 3D studio max. I'm also doing a Lincoln Mark VII LSC (already got what I need for it)

what I need is some decent shots of a mark VIII... one from the side, one from the top, one from the front and one from the back.

they need to be dead on shots too (or else it wont work quite right). If you have any 2d drawings, that would work even better. I looked thru my mark viii tech cd but didnt find much.

after I do the high poly model, I'll be making a low poly version to import into racer and gta :)

thanks in advance

yes sir... and any other game you wish (need 4 speed for example) long as it's mod friendly.

but like I said... I need some good shots to do it. Something like this would be perfect

http://blueprints.onnovanbraam.com/modules/bpview/bpview.php?nr=308

a top shot isnt totally necessary either... but helps alot. But if I have some good clear front/rear/side shots... I can try, but it may be slightly out of scale.

like I said, if someone has a repair manual or something with some 2d pics of a mark VIII, that would work best. and if their different sizes, it doesnt really matter much either

thanks,
-steve

let me look through one of my manuals, and i will reply back!

edit: yeah i checked my manual.. and it only shows just the top view, front, and drivers side view. if that is fine, i can scan it and post the image if you want?

cool, thanks alot brother... I will credit you in the readme file for it.

-steve

do you need pics like the blueprints or the just like my sig. and would you be able to do my other cars if I draw the cars?

can i get your email? so i can emial the pics. also can i get the gen 1 pics so i can draw them too.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
let me look through one of my manuals, and i will reply back!

edit: yeah i checked my manual.. and it only shows just the top view, front, and drivers side view. if that is fine, i can scan it and post the image if you want?

that would be great... thanks :Beer

mark0101, you have a pm

here you go, sorry i could not post the pic yesterday i got busy!

08-16-05.jpg

Hmmm..... This sounds like a cool idea. I may give it a shot as well. I use Lightwave though, not 3DS Max.

Hey SC Steve....i was about to do the same thing a few months back. I have been using 3d studio max for several years and specialize in car models. The Mark VIII being my favorite car, i was going to model one. But what stopped me was the lack of blueprints. I considered taking photos of the sides and front and back, however i don't have the special lense giving the proper FOV.

Email me at ngmitter@rutgers.edu and i'll show you some of my work, then i'll see waht mark viii pics i have collected and i'll send them to you.

Good Luck,
Nick

OK, i'll just post some here.
g35wip2520ql.jpg

and

lexus709va.jpg

Arent there codes to make some hotrods turn into cutlass442's and stuff? I saw that and i think itd be pretty neat to see the mark in a video game!

Members online

Back