Car turned on with insanely high RPM
I turned it off
Continued to run - Dieseling
I turned attempted to turn it on again
Attempted to start up
I brought the back to OFF
Continued to try to start up
I went to try to disconnect the battery, then it died off

Really :q:q:q:qing :q:q:q:q. I dont know what the :q:q:q:q prompted this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Let me just clear this up.

After you start the car up, was idling very high or did it shoot up like you had your foot on the throttle?
You responded by immediately turning the key off and the car dieseled to a halt.

You attempted to start the car again. It cranked but would not fire.
You turned the key off, waited, then attempted to start the car again.

This time it started and you let it idle for a moment. We don't know if it idled smoothly or rough. You then got out of the car and disconnected the battery. Why did you do that? After you disconnected the battery the car died. Did it diesel after dying or just stall?

Is that correct?

You missed the part were he is angry at it.
I don't know?
Stuck throttle cable?

Let me just clear this up.

After you start the car up, was idling very high or did it shoot up like you had your foot on the throttle?
You responded by immediately turning the key off and the car dieseled to a halt.

You attempted to start the car again. It cranked but would not fire.
You turned the key off, waited, then attempted to start the car again.

This time it started and you let it idle for a moment. We don't know if it idled smoothly or rough. You then got out of the car and disconnected the battery. Why did you do that? After you disconnected the battery the car died. Did it diesel after dying or just stall?

Is that correct?
When i initially turned it on, it started to idle as if i was pressing the pedal all the way down, so i turned it off, and it continued to diesel.
Right after i realized that, i tried to turn it on again, so i could turn it off right away. It started on a mix of constant cranking and a mix of dieseling, i think.

I went to disconnect the battery, hopefully making the cranking stop.

It didn't turn on a second time.

All of this happened over a time of about 15 seconds.

You missed the part were he is angry at it.
I don't know?
Stuck throttle cable?
I wasn't really angry while it was happening, i was worried about my car :(

I got to a FML stage afterwards

How was it dieseling and cranking at the same time?
Just so you know, an engine doesn't have a spark when it's dieseling.

I'm going to take a wild guess, and maybe you do have a stuck throttle or something that's flooding the engine? I'm stumped at the moment, I'm probably just bumping the thread.

My truck use to do the high rpm thing, it was a bad Tb. If you got the same ones the 99 150's use I have a extra one you can have to try it out.

Yea, i considered the belt. I did some mods to mine recently, the belt is good.

What are some symptoms of a bad oil pump? Anyone know?

This doesn't sound like anything at all involving the oil pump.
It seems like a fuel/emissions kind of thing.

Any check engine lights? Have you had a diagnostic scan?
Any symptoms before? Since the battery's off, you probably cleared any codes.

Stuck throttle sounds like the problem to me.

I assume you turned the car off while it was in such a high idle, which caused it to dieseline.

When I had my :q:q:q:q ass honda sometimes i'd put it in neutral and the idle would go crazy. What usually fixed this was mashing the pedal to the floor for a split second. Of course I didn't really care about that car.

So if you do try to start it maybe try a few light taps to the pedal to see if that brings it down to normal.

One time in that car it did not work and since it was revving so high I just put it in gear in fear (rap time) of blowing the high mileage (crappy) engine.

Sorry to hear about ur car man :/

an IAC went bad in one of my 93's a few years ago when i started it, the idle was high, but not redline, more like around 2800 rpm's, i changed it and it never did it again. but if yours was wide open i dont think it would have been the IAC, inspect your throttle cable for any breaks or frayed cable, i'd be nervous it will happen again while you are going down the road.

Members online

No members online now.
Back