Major DCCV Leak

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Havent driven my LS in 24hrs. A few hours ago I noticed a big puddle underneath and a good drip coming from above.. realized a big leak sprung out of the DCCV. My heat/AC works perfectly no complaints. Wondering if the hoses are bad? Cant tell really. Clamps are tight. So while I order a DCCV are these hoses still avail? Part #? Guess ill have to see. Does it have to be recalibrated or anything after install? Has been over 100 the past week or so maybe that didn't help..

Wouldn't be a good day if my Lincoln didn't breakdown=)

Last edited:
20210720_150310.jpg

I guess that it just doesn't really show in the picture.
There's no calibration involved. I don't know if you can still get the hoses and even just the quick connects. If you are careful and only disconnect at the DCCV end, they will probably be okay.
Be aware that the common leak area for the radiator is just above the DCCV. I would suspect it for a sudden large leak. Remove the upper radiator support bracket on that side to get a much better view of it.

On and under the two DCCV hoses/unit itself is where it is soaked and pouring out. Bottom of DCCV covered. Nothing at all from the radiator. Ran the car for 1 minute and its pretty bad. If it was the radiator with a leak that bad Im sure I would see it.

So if those hoses break at some point there is no option left? I might replace the radiator anyway..

20210720_170202.jpg

IIRC... there is some type of o-ring in the quick connect fittings. You may be able to replace just the o-rings.

If I'm wrong... then the next best option might be a tubing shop that makes custom lines.

They might be able to make new lines... or retrofit the ends to take standard hose clamps.

Then all you would need to do is find hoses with the proper bends... to match up to the DCCV.

I have to say that I think you are the first on this forum to have leaks at the quick connects.

You may think you would notice a cracked radiator...but when it cracks it's on the side towards/behind the grill... and is not really noticable.

Like Joe said... pull the radiator support bracket and you should see the crack opposite from where the upper hose connects.

Replaced DCCV it was not the radiator.. I noticed below the DCCV was another valvle or canister of some sort. Not sure what that is? Hope its not nexr.

Anyway I refilled the system and went to bleed it as Ive done many times no air came out but this time now I have no heat and the temp flew up to 230.. am I missing something?? Radiator hose was cold..

Replaced DCCV it was not the radiator.. I noticed below the DCCV was another valvle or canister of some sort. Not sure what that is? Hope its not nexr.

Anyway I refilled the system and went to bleed it as Ive done many times no air came out but this time now I have no heat and the temp flew up to 230.. am I missing something?? Radiator hose was cold..

That is the aux pump.
Is this exactly how you did it? 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
It works best if the front of the car is pointed down hill. It will not work if the front is pointed up hill.

If you followed the procedure to the letter and can't get air out of the heater circuit, your cooling system is not pressurizing. If it's not pressurizing, then you have one or more leaks, possibly micro leaks. When was the last time the rest of the cooling system was replaced?

it’s just air lock. you know you cleared it out when the coolant in the degas bottle disappears

if it still gives you trouble recover it and use a vacuum filler

First time Ive encountered this. The degas wasnt going down. I opened the cross housing cap and went to add some there but it wouldnt take any unless I kept squeezing the upper radiator hose. Took like 20mins. Last time I filled via the cap it took the coolant no issue. I do have a fairly new thermastat though. Rest of the system is 4yrs old. Hoping the aux pump or radiator isnt next. Had I known the DCCV was a weak point also i would have done it during overhaul. Ive smelt a small hint of coolant from that area for about 2yrs along with more than abnormal coolant loss. I guess the DCCV was it all along. Hopefully the fully pressurized system doesnt find a new weak spot. Im weary of the radiator after 16yrs.. left it alone during overhaul as it doesnt seem to be a common issue like the rest of the plumbing but ill probably do it for piece of mind next. I did note that the hoses do not have a tight seal around the plastic housings. Perhaps stretch over time. I replaced some of the old clamps with regular worm gear clamps.

Last edited:
Radiator, and virtually every other coolant part went out on mine around 165k, i got a tvc radiador I think from rock Auto pretty cheap. Original one leaked in the plastic corner by the dccv

Last edited:
the radiators tend to break at the hose neck first. pull the upper hose and see if the plastic is brown or flaking off

there’s also ebay all aluminum radiators. i’m contemplating putting one in my s-type r which has 210k on the original radiator so it’s on borrowed time

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back