Magnaflow exhaust installed

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally got my exhaust installed after having it sit in my garage for 6 months. I went from 2.25'' pipes, resonators, flowmasters, 3.5'' tips to 2.5'' pipes, x-pipe, magnaflow mufflers and 4'' black powder coated tips.I also got the new pipes mandrel bended which doesn't press in th pipes to reduce the size of them, I didn't know there was a difference in bending the pipes.

I took my ls to the dyno before and after the new exhaust. I gained about 8rwhp and 6 rwtq going from the flowmaster exhuast to the magnaflow exhuast. I know some may not say it's a lot, but I could definitely feel it. The car felt quicker and it pulled smoother, my dad even said did he felt like was stronger so I know I'm not crazy :D.....and I have the dyno to comfirm it. Dyno sheet shows before and after for torque and hp. I thought my ls would be putting number a little higher than it did, I do have 4 old plugs that a forgot to change out when I put new coils in a few months ago. I'll have new coils and new plugs when I go get it dyno tuned next month so I'll see if the new plugs and coils made a diff

mag7.jpg

mag6.jpg

mag4.jpg

mag8.jpg

mag9.jpg

mag10.jpg

mag11.jpg

mag12.jpg

Flowvsmagexhaust.jpg

I also got my new eyelids friday and put them on to see how they looked. They'll be color matched in a few weeksbut just trying to see if I like the look. I'm 50/50 on it, maybe when they get painted, I'll be able to decide easier.

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

magexhaustandeyelids016.jpg

Exhaust looking great man!! Looks like they mounted them perfectly too, not to low and not sticking too far out. Perfect!! Color is pretty sweet too I don't think anybody else has them done that way.
Also the eyebrows look cool-
Could you do a shot at like ground level with one on and one off to see how they change the look of the angel eyes? In other words how does it change the look of the headlight with everything on?

I'd do without the eye lids, also photoshop the rear surround black to see how that would look, I would also sell rez life ls that home made mesh grille... thats jus me tho

edit: did I mention your car is probably one of the best in that color, which is the same color as mine but yours is way better.. you basterd...kiddin lol

Thanks guys. The black tips look good but they dont "pop" as much as I thought they would. Maybe because the lower trim of the bumper is still black, color matching soon. I was also thinking I might try black chromed tips. A place close by does them for 15 a piece I think oh and also, color matching the cdc grille with cdc mesh black chrome, thinking it'll looks sweet

I'll get you a pic of that soon LincolnLeubbe

I would also sell rez life ls that home made mesh grille... thats jus me tho

edit: did I mention your car is probably one of the best in that color, which is the same color as mine but yours is way better.. you basterd...kiddin lol

Thanks. Should look cleaner with color matched parts.

I would sell it to you, but I want to see how it looks color matched on my car. I would have to buy one after I sell you this one and it wouldn't be convinient for me, have to think of me sometime too, sorry

Keep the lids off, looks too ricer-ish, IMO. Looks fantastic though.

And is your trunk open?

man that white streak going down the highway looks nasty!!

Seems like eyelids only look good on black cars. They blend in and look more natural. Something off-putting about them on light colored cars

Keep the lids off, looks too ricer-ish, IMO. Looks fantastic though.

And is your trunk open?

Currently the lids are off, just put them on for pics. Will try again when I paint them.
Trunk isn't open, any way to adjust that?

Exhaust looks great! Vid of the sound! lol

I agree, once painting the bottom trims, the tips will stand out more. The way it is in the photos it almost looks like there isn't any tips, but I am sure it is different in person.

I agree that rear surround needs painted!

I have never really liked the eyelids on the LS, maybe it will look cleaner with them color matched.

Also, your car with mclaren, surround white - center black... would look ill!

Is that halos in your fogs in one photo???

Hey ALex, Looking very good, I like all the mods you have going, eye lids, and the exhaust. I think you need to paint the mufferswith flat black, so the mufflers will disappear. This might make the tips stand out more. I am going to have to come over and take a better look in person.

Looks cool. Thanks for doing a before/after dyno and posting the results! It's interesting to see the numbers and all that.

I prefer the eyelids. Once colormatched, they will look awesome.

Also, the black tips are meant to blend in more I think. I saw a new BMW 1 series at Target yesterday, and it had a black exhaust tip. Looked killer I thought. I'll probably be doing powdercoated tips when I replace mine. Mine are starting to show their age.

Exhaust looks great! Vid of the sound! lol

Is that halos in your fogs in one photo???

I'll get that soon. I dont think it sounds like yours though, not as loud, or maybe it's the camera. I wish I could hear yours in person.Would the oval size of the mufflers change the sound? you went with 4X9, I went with 5X8

Hey ALex, Looking very good, I like all the mods you have going, eye lids, and the exhaust. I think you need to paint the mufferswith flat black, so the mufflers will disappear. This might make the tips stand out more. I am going to have to come over and take a better look in person.

Thanks. Yeah stop by man, you can check it out.

Thanks for the photo. Looks like it barely cuts off the top of the angel eye. I think they look good.

No proble.Yeah they dont cover it up, just the very top of it.

I prefer the eyelids. Once colormatched, they will look awesome.

Also, the black tips are meant to blend in more I think. I saw a new BMW 1 series at Target yesterday, and it had a black exhaust tip. Looked killer I thought. I'll probably be doing powdercoated tips when I replace mine. Mine are starting to show their age.

Thats where I got the idea from too. I saw I white beamer, not sure what it was but one of the smaller ones, 1 maybe 3 series, but it looked so clean on it, it looked great. Although they might have been black chrome, I should've taken a closer look.

So what about the fogs? You should come to central us sometime alax. Nationwide lS meet ftw. You can hear it then.

Oh yeah I forgot to say that, no angel eyes in those, just 5k hid bulbs. I'll order some small rings to try them in them fogs. I willl prob just install them on the outside since the reflector on these fogs is so small and far back it might look bad.

National ls meet would be awesome! I'm so down ROAD TRIP!!!!

Boscobel, WI. This weekend. That's the national LVC meet. Mostly marks, but they're a cool bunch, and would gladly welcome LS guys.

Looking good as usual!

I've always been on the fence about eyebrows, In some of your guys pics they look great and in others I just don't know. Maybe it's the angle in which the pics are taken. I think the color matching would look better too.

Yea I know about the boscobel thing...

But I am talking maybe more centrally located and a primary LS meet. Marks will only downgrade our photoshoots!

depending on where it would be at i would be down for a meet

andrizzle, you only want it centrally located because that where your at lol

Nah I am willing to drive to a coast. But the chances of a west coast member traveling to the east coast is more rare than traveling half the distance.

See it just so happens that I live in the central part already.

If anyone is actually serious about it, we could plot on a map of the USA, the geographical locations and take the center point from every member who wants to travel. We will invade some random city with LSes lol.

Nah I am willing to drive to a coast. But the chances of a west coast member traveling to the east coast is more rare than traveling half the distance.

See it just so happens that I live in the central part already.

If anyone is actually serious about it, we could plot on a map of the USA, the geographical locations and take the center point from every member who wants to travel. We will invade some random city with LSes lol.

it would really depend on whos actually going to drive because theres no sense in doing it in the middle on the country if no one from, just say the east coast, is willing to drive then you could do it farther out west

Members online

No members online now.
Back