Mafioso

Yeah dude i got a black cell in the process of talking to my airride installer to wire it in with keeping the stock body to it...i got a 10 switch box right now its alota wiring for the cell to hold so im not to sure how its going to hold...i'll let you know how it works out dude

I used an inline Walboro 255LPH and I havent had any issues out of it.

mafioso,

I was thinking the same thing about the lead sled look. custom is custom, you either dig it or you don't. I dig it, so keep it up.

I do have one gripe about Ford design, the alternator... If they are HO alts. why is the output post so tiny? theres no way 200 amps can flow through that post, my oasis has problems keeping up since it is an amperage monster with an multimeter I measured 110 amps @140psi. I have 2 of the largest group Optimas, and I get an undervolt condition all the time, unless I have been driving on the highway for an hour or two.

has anyone put a different alt.on thier mark?

I used an inline Walboro 255LPH and I havent had any issues out of it.

What do you mean Walboro haven't had a problem...I've been told you need a module to make the whole thing work...

since my gas tank is actually shorter the stock assembly is unusable, I had to device a new sending unit to the gauge and PCM.

I cant wait to get my hands on the Combo we talked about. I think that would put the finishing touches on the car that its missing, well of course after the paint and body work. haha

I have added them to my list of things of things to buy, after the upgrades its time for me to get rid of the oasis and step up to an engine driven compressor. the oasis flows 9CFM but Im looking forward to 13CFM's to fill the tanks.

so no struts at all in the front?

So fast bags in the place of struts .... So No shocks at all .

I Ask cuz Me and a friend are going to fast bag his truck..... the rear still has leafs & bags, Leafs are lowered so the bags just lift it . But he says going to replace the coils with fast bags and run no shocks...... bottom line he knows what he's doing (retired GM Tech)

But If I end doing the same On my Town Car I don't want to loose that much Drivabilty

below is a pic of I think a '32 ford that some a hole dropped a Chevy motor in it.

We spent 2 drunkin nites putting on headers on that 97 TA with LT1..... all I have to say about Gm as Ford was using COP GM put the $700 distributor below the Water pump ??? to Get wet

P1010114.jpg

I have owned a S-10 that had hydros on it that dragged frame as well as my old Mark VIII that had a totally stock suspension with 2 N2 tanks in the trunk, 2 compressors, and 8 valves. The car sat on the rear body mounts, and the front was kept up by the exhaust/cats. The car in the following pix had about 2 more inches to lower, but the exhaust/cats and the rear body mounts kept it from going all the way down. The pix are with the 18's on it, but would still tuck 20's with no problem. Not only that, but it was totally shaved. Shaved door handles, shaved antenna, shaved body side moldings, and shaved gas filler door. Just go to my cardomain link if you want to see more pix of the car as it was being built. It was built like 4 or 5 years ago......

draggin.jpg

draggin1.jpg

draggin2.jpg

draggin3.jpg

mycar.jpg

mycar5.jpg

beautiful car, I only encountered one problem in the front, the very corners of the cats dig into the pavement so Im just going to drag them down, I am running shocks all the way around,

I had to place the shocks in front of the bags towards the front of the car, monroe sensatracks still allow me to turn lock to lock,

In the back I drug diff craddle for a few minutes and it ground itself down to even out with the pinch welds.

The engine driven dream was poped last night I sat there scratching my head for hours and deemed it was impossible to run one, and still keep any of the accesories. Im not willing to lose AC in texas neither the power steering.

So looks like I need to get yet a bigger alt, and possible 3 kinetic or oddessy batteries.

Hey Mafioso I am going to plan a Spring meet here in Galveston. Perhaps you can come down.

Looking foward to it. :) I always love meeting new people.

93zzzt, its 100% adjustable height setup. You can either hug pavement or look like a DONK or pretty much anywhere in between. My personal favorite height is 1.5" 2" off the ground.

2 weeks till He goes to the body shop. Im excited. Its getting a freash coat of Rosemist or what ever this color is called, all the dents and dings taken out and a fresh back glass, to cure the lassanga.

Should I keep this as a Grandma Mark? or a custom? (appearance wise)
Grandma car look is keeping the stock wheels or maybe some Jaguar 19"s from the S-type R, The switchbox made out the OEM telephone.

Custom- 20's no cell antenna on the back glass, Instead of chrome accents Black chrome accents. IE Black Chrome Grille, black chrome hood extener(not sure what its called. shaved back bumper and front bumper to get rid of the offending chrome and smooth it out a little.

Either way for the interrior is going to get 20% overstuffed seats, the interior is White bottom light grade on top.

Has anyone tried a 9005 bulb in a Gen1 HID housing? I have a set of 55w 9005 HIDS to put in it, Im going to bust open the assemblys gently remove all the chrome and have the inside of the bowls dipped in Chrome for plastic and remove the doom aka Halogen cut off. Im having 1 off cut off sheilds machined out. so the focal point will he correct.

Sorry for the Lack update pics, But I just got it back from the paint shop.
Sorry for the cell phone pics, I need to go buy a Digi cam.

But here it is with the New paint, all the body work done and front new seats, I had the seats restuffed with 4" of extra padding.
Its going back to the paint shop for new back seats, carpet, door panels, headliner,rear Deck.

1211207305.jpg

1211207304.jpg

1210967949.jpg

Although the paint code is TR, it is not the correct paint code on the car. Im still puzzled, because its through and through.

Its graphite with a purple to pink Flip flop. and it was a nightmare to find the paint. until we took a mirror to a paint shop and had it speced.

Mafioso

What is the paint code, can you give me any details on it, mine is going in for paint the end of this month and I love the stock color, I don't want it to come back different.

Thanks

Mafioso

What is the paint code, can you give me any details on it, mine is going in for paint the end of this month and I love the stock color, I don't want it to come back different.

Thanks

The paint code on the sill is TR, but it looks nothing like TR. its been a topic on here a couple of times. the weird part is that it was not a repaint. because inside of the doors underneath the carpet and the inside portion of the roof along with the rest of the car, match.

I strongly doubt anyone repainted the car given the shape it was in when I got it.

The Car goes back on Tuesday for the rest of the interior.
Its going back all OEM, except for the 4" overstuff.

Holy resurrection!

Anyways, mafioso, what do yo think if I chop up a couple sets of spindles and just make a set of drops, use factory struts, so when the car's layed out I still have an inch or so of air?

Any reasons you can see that this wouldn't work as a fast bag setup while maintaining factory height sensors?

I'd have two valves into the bag, one for fast bag, and the factory one to automatically adjust it to drive height after I let off the secondary valve..

Whattaya think?

I have to do something before I throw the 20's on, 'cause I can't imagine cruisin any rougher than I am on these 18's. I do need new front struts. I really want to keep the factory height sensors. Lmk

Your best bet if you want to do a budget fast bag conversion is going with a Ride-pro controller. The ride pro controller comes with an air tank (3 gallons) a Viair compressor vavles and a programable computer that can be adapted to use your factory sensors

The stock airlines are a non standard size making it difficult to adapt it and have satifactory performance.
It would be alot of work minimal gains which why it just took it all out.

There is a few strut soultions out there.

I will outline a few solutions for you:

Chassis tech sells a Macpherson strut air bag they would be a 99% bolt in application.$800 (you need the hats from a thunderchicken struts)

Air Ride Technologys makes a shockwave that can be adapted to work with our cars.~$800 (rumored they made a bracket for MN-12 platform)

Universal airbags Not really for the faint of heart but certainly a solution, They make an airbag that uses your own strut, which in this case you use a strut from a Thunderchicken. $400 per pair (Nice thing about this method is that you can use any performance shock)

Your best bet if you want to do a budget fast bag conversion is going with a Ride-pro controller. The ride pro controller comes with an air tank (3 gallons) a Viair compressor vavles and a programable computer that can be adapted to use your factory sensors

The stock airlines are a non standard size making it difficult to adapt it and have satifactory performance.
It would be alot of work minimal gains which why it just took it all out.

There is a few strut soultions out there.

I will outline a few solutions for you:

Chassis tech sells a Macpherson strut air bag they would be a 99% bolt in application.$800 (you need the hats from a thunderchicken struts)

Air Ride Technologys makes a shockwave that can be adapted to work with our cars.~$800 (rumored they made a bracket for MN-12 platform)

Universal airbags Not really for the faint of heart but certainly a solution, They make an airbag that uses your own strut, which in this case you use a strut from a Thunderchicken. $400 per pair (Nice thing about this method is that you can use any performance shock)

Mhm. Thanks for the pointers, I'll look into everything

I am more then happy to build the front and rear cups if you want them, I should be able to get everything built for a ballpark of $600 I know it sounds a little expensive but metal is getting $$$ If you would like to tackle it on your own (fabricating) I would be more then happy to lend a hand, the setup has a little more upfront cost but its extremly flexible and the bags are cheap in comparison and you have the ability to run any shock you choose.

mafioso you ever had your bags gain airpressure overnight...i slam it and turn the main power off to the switches and gauges and when i get in, in the morning most of the bags are up to 40psi...and the compressure turns on when i start the car and hit the switch...compressure is supposed to not run when the main power switch is off it just resently started happening...

Members online

No members online now.
Back