Mafioso

Looks god damn pimp dude...after i put my tanks in the back and modif. the stock bags its pretty responsive...how much psi u throwing out...240?...looks like i got the same problem as you do with the back looking lower then the front when all decompressed...i hate it i wanted to frame it...just not enough time and money...im only running 8 gallons...lifting the front from dead low sucks...need to upgrade to 2 10 gallons...would love to see pictures of the whole setup and how u set up the rear bags...

The rear bags are in the stock locations with a 2" cup the front sits a little bit higher then the back but thats by choice, it will lay pinch all the way around, but my cats are in the way and I really dont want to damage them,

Im in process of locating manifolds without cats and just run a "test pipe" and do cat deletes or do a single high flow cat in the exhaust pathway.

For daily driving I have the Oasis set at 100/140.
At shows I usually do 150/300

I have a video of how fast it hits before we put shocks on it.

Hm. The pics didn't show up for me, might be the computer I'm on. Thanks for posting a pic though..

A fellow lvc friend and I are trying to think up a decent cheap easy and reliable fast bag system while maintaining the factory sensors, if we succeed it'll be alot cheaper than a digital dakota setup, which won't even keep the car level with a varied amount of cargo weight. looking for ideas.

Hm. The pics didn't show up for me, might be the computer I'm on. Thanks for posting a pic though..

A fellow lvc friend and I are trying to think up a decent cheap easy and reliable fast bag system while maintaining the factory sensors, if we succeed it'll be alot cheaper than a digital dakota setup, which won't even keep the car level with a varied amount of cargo weight. looking for ideas.

Well the stock sensors operate by a resistance. you would have to write a prog, and burn into an IC and make your own controller or use a carPC, I attempted to use the stock sensors with fast bags with a failed result. the valves were simple too fast, and operate different then the stock computer, Seems like the stock computer can vary the amount to open a valve and close where the fast valves open and close. very much like a 0 or 1 condition.

If you need help with the brackets to ditch the struts I dont mind helping just ask for the pics and you will get them,

I figured I was only nut that wanted to has done fast bags to the Mark Viii's.
Ive gotten mixed reviews by enthusists.

The low rider/bagged crowd loves it, while some Mark lovers have asked me why I have desicrated such a work of art.
My answer.. Its only metal.. :)

Man im impressed i thought i was the only one to drop the mark to the ground...car looks bad ass...i get so many complements on it...the guys in the s10's love it...when i got the front end jacked up cant even see over the hood you get more looks them a lamborghini...hit switchs at the stop lights and traffic comes to a halt its crazy...i didn't mod it for me i did it to see the looks on peoples faces...its PRICELESS...

Man im impressed i thought i was the only one to drop the mark to the ground...car looks bad ass...i get so many complements on it...the guys in the s10's love it...when i got the front end jacked up cant even see over the hood you get more looks them a lamborghini...hit switchs at the stop lights and traffic comes to a halt its crazy...i didn't mod it for me i did it to see the looks on peoples faces...its PRICELESS...

I get the same looks, I roll about 1/2" off the ground.
Are you using strut bags or bags like me?

stock bags dude...one 5 gallon tank...and one 3 gallon tank...2 chrome pumps steel braided lines...4 blowoff valves...its pretty pimp dude...but mine also needs body work...this winter theres alot to be done...

I'd be interested in seeing pics of the setup, I have an almost identical mark that I'm rebuilding, it would be an awesome setup.

Last edited:
1198014965.jpg

1198015026.jpg

1198015063.jpg

1198015020.jpg

This is the setup v2.0. I get 12 inches of lift out of the front now. it can Untuck a 22" wheel hahaha

I need to locate the factory Cell phone, I want to rewire it into a switchbox. muahahahahaa

i give you props dude. the hell with the haters, i used to build mini trucks and was in a club for a while in connecticut with my bagged fullsize chevy. dragging these on the road doesnt hurt the pavement all it does is leave a line like chalk, a scratch, but they do not dig in, i have been around that scene for years i have yet to see someone damage the road. i think what you did is awesome, i would love to bag a mark VIII too but no time or the money to invest in that right now. keep up the work man, its custom, so it will never be done, you will always want to do something different on it. nice job man. DRAG IT !!!!

Hey Jaime you might remember, I was going to buy the stock bags and stock comp.

The Guy with the Bone cancer. hehe

Im alive and doing alright, caught a nasty case of Multiple Sclerosis in the process.

anyways I need to speak with you about a Grille and some headlights. preferably Im looking for the HID housings without the bulbs and ballasts.

Your best bet to find decent housings is Car-Part.com If you search the whole country there are quite a few out there. I payed for mine over the phone and they arrived 2 days later. They were cheap too!

Your best bet to find decent housings is Car-Part.com If you search the whole country there are quite a few out there. I payed for mine over the phone and they arrived 2 days later. They were cheap too!

well I have housings already, and Im an HID Dealer, so I just need the Clear housings.

DRAG IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! I love the way your car looks man,props! I'd do that to mine in a heart beat if i had the cash and the time. I was in the mini truckin scene also,I had an Isuzu 3 1/4 inches off the ground ALL THE TIME! It was only dropped,not bagged,rode aweful but looked great :D

I knew I would find someone else out there who enjoys a Mark Viii layed out other then myself.

Thats so pimp dude...love the colour i dunno it looks good...when ur jacked up ur fronts a lil higher in the front...wierd cuz mines higher in the rear...would love to hook up this summer and pimp the lincs out get you to weld some balls on me frame lol...good lookin car dude...

to drag trailer balls all I did was blow a hole through the body mount and re-enforce it, and welded a nut to the top so I can just screw them in.

mafioso,
I am almost 50 years old, and I like what you did with your car. It is not what I would do to mine, but it took a lot of work and skills to come up with what you have. Don't worry about the haters and the purists. It is the innovation and the skills that you have that keep this sport alive. A lot of people didn't like the way we used to jack up the back of our cars in the late 70's either. But the hell with what others think. Follow your own path.They are only jealous because they do not have your skills. Keep up the good work. Like you said, it is only metal. It is your canvas. Paint it your way. Good job.

mafioso,
I am almost 50 years old, and I like what you did with your car. It is not what I would do to mine, but it took a lot of work and skills to come up with what you have. Don't worry about the haters and the purists. It is the innovation and the skills that you have that keep this sport alive. A lot of people didn't like the way we used to jack up the back of our cars in the late 70's either. But the hell with what others think. Follow your own path.They are only jealous because they do not have your skills. Keep up the good work. Like you said, it is only metal. It is your canvas. Paint it your way. Good job.

thank you for the inspiring words, one thing about metal is that it can always be shaped to show beauty. I the body lines of the accent by hugging the concrete there isnt alot of cars that can do that, but Being a short in height and long car, reminds me of the "lead-sleds" of the 50's when Greasers would grab Merc Tudoors and others alike and would shave the trim, and chop the roofs.

I love alot of the early era George Baris style, which was rebelious in its time, as to so am I on the way to a master piece. I cant wait to do the body work and the paint.

As Ive said before Im keeping this one OEM, down to the telephone switch box. And Im on the hunt for a black one, to do the same suspension setup but with black frosted glass no chrome, and black wheels.

Yeah dude i got a black cell in the process of talking to my airride installer to wire it in with keeping the stock body to it...i got a 10 switch box right now its alota wiring for the cell to hold so im not to sure how its going to hold...i'll let you know how it works out dude

Members online

No members online now.
Back