Maf question

fastmark1993

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to clean my maf again but my tools are at work so I don't have anti tamper torx bits at home, is it safe for me to just spray Er in there carefully? I know the back plate may cause pooling of the fluid in that little area.

Just wanted a second opinion, thanks

If you use CRC MAF cleaner, in the grey can, spray it and let it set for 5 to 10 min and it will be dry. That stuff evaporates pretty quick. Probably safe to crank it back up within a few minutes. Does yours not have the bolts with flat head tips and hex head?

I've never used the torx, always just took off the air box and disconnected from the tube. But you mention you are cleaning it again, is it maybe defective?

Torx

When those TORX came out we used to break off the center pin and use a small straight tip screw driver

I've never used the torx, always just took off the air box and disconnected from the tube. But you mention you are cleaning it again, is it maybe defective?

I had a bunch of crud in my air no and started It with no filter. I could physically see the **** in it lol

No filter! Ouch! Too bad you are in Canadia, I have a MAF or two laying around I could send you for free but that would take months and thousands of dollars to ship! lol

Members online

Back