LVC christmas party 09!!!

chicken

SHEOOOOOOOOT
Reaction score
ok so here goes.

this year the lvc christmas party will be on dec 5th. and I feel since volo doesnt change much year to year, with the exception of last years fast and the furious cars :)shifty:) So ive deciding to do something else instead.

INDOOR GO CARTS!!

Yeah I thought that sounds like more fun. looking to go here http://www.mpgrandprix.com/

I'm working on seeing what group rates would be, but also need a headcount or at least an idea. after that we all head over to joeys house (455n harvard in villa park) for the real party for food and drinks. id say meet at the go cart track around 3~ish and head to joeys around 6. for lodging ive reserved a room at Comfort Suites at 530 W. North Ave. Lombard, IL, 60148
Phone: (630) 268-1300

So lets make this a go!

Last edited by a moderator:
So far away! :( Plus a lot of people here up north park their cars for winter, I got my ranger to drive :D

I there were quite a few people who didnt drive lincolns last year, myself included. It was still a good time.

Me and Stack are going to try and go... and we should have some extra seats for the drive down...

I see that this is mostly a MKVIII thing too... We LS's like to stay in MN :D

aint no markviii thing! its a LvC thing! just no LS'ers ever show to any of the real meets, with the exception of 02asdfghjkl;' (jason) and toomanyfumes they've came out and played and went back to there LS's unharmed :shifty: and ill probably be in my explorer

I see that this is mostly a MKVIII thing too... We LS's like to stay in MN :D

Yeah I drove my LS last year, one of the few Lincoln's that were there. I'll probably take it this year too, unless the weather's nasty, then I'll take the wife's 4X4.

Go-cart racing sounds fun

Last edited:
Yeah I drove my LS last year, one of the few Lincoln's that were there. I'll probably take it this year too, unless the weather's nasty, then I'll take the wife's 4X4.

Go-cart racing sounds fun

But I credit Any's efforts to owning a Goldwing ... Just like Jason the other LS member to show from time to time but he also has a Mark VIII. so I'm guessing LS guys are chicken

ok some progress, ms chicken finally called and spoke with them (phones scare me lolol) scribbled a ton of notes and then typed it all out. kinda pricey and 10 might be a hard number to put out for the pre party, not alot signed up yet, COME ON LVC. here is her notes, let me know what you guys think

They give Car Clubs discounts but we need to register for that prior to the party so I didn't get the details.

Sat hrs are 11a-12a midnight

For someone just walking in off the street the price is: 1 person 3 races (each race is 24min) is $51. You are required to wear safety gear. Full helmet and goggles. There's no extra charge for that. If you have have your own gear you can bring it.

For parties---

He suggests any group over 10 people have reservations because they get VERY busy. Last night (Tues) they closed at 10pm....his people were there until Midnight.
If you have a reservation for a group that group is guarenteed to get their races in. Meaning we're there w/reservations and then 50 people walk in off the street....we get our races in first. They can send us e-vites so that our group can pre-register for racing. Apparently there's a lot of paper work to do. To make a reservation we have to guarentee a # of people. If we tell him 15 people then AT LEAST 15 people have to show up/be paid for. If we tell him 15 people and 30 show up that's ok. To make that reservation it's $100 no matter what. It is NOT refundable BUT it is transferable. Meaning half our group gets sick on the 5th we can resched for another date. That $100 does go towards the bottom line. Say total cost for our group is $200 we pay the reservation fee of $100 and then just pay the last $100 when we get there. For a party of 15 it would be about $40 - $45 p/p.

also....
If we're interested............
They have a party room and catering and have a bar. To rent the party room it's $45. That's turn key....they set up, tear done provide plates, silver ware etc etc etc.
For food they have everything from pasta, pizza to Beefs, Sausage, Fried Chicken etc. They have what they call a Super Bowl Pizza. It's about 30" and can feed up to about 15 people and it's unlimited toppings for $37. The catering runs from about $8 p/p up to $21 p/p.
The have soda and they have a bar.... You can NOT drink before you drive the Go Karts end of story.

Go Karts- They have 9hp Honda engines(JDM TYTE YO!!). Go up to 42mph. There are 16 Karts per race.

I think that's everything.

Last edited:
So...... should I look for a less expensive place or is everyone cool with this place????

If we are going to go to this place I think we should get there a little earlier because they seem to stay pretty busy. Maybe 1ish? 2ish???

Thought?? Questions??? Suggestions???? :p

OH and YEA!!!! 25 POSTS!!! WHOO HOO!!! lol :D

well the boss has informed me that another manager has already requested the 5th off...which means i will miss anything starting before 6 most likely taking me out of go karts

Members online

Back