Lucerne Vs. Lincoln LS ?

2006kmls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My wife just bought a Lucerne (Buick) and its almost identical to the LS in size power and even looks? The build quality is far superior to the LS. Its 100 noiseless at any speed. Kudos to Buick for the quality and price point.

Ken - glad you are happy with your purchase.

remember - you are comparing a new car with one launched in 2000, and 'tweaked in 2003.

The LS also won MotorTrend's Car of the Year in 2000 and beat most of it's targeted competition (namely BMW) in the day.

Buick (IMHO) suffers even worst than Lincoln as an out-dated old name-plate, and is on the chopping block of GM - next in line after killing Oldsmobile.

Too little too late for Buick - IMHO.

hay how about you and your wife have a race and tell us who won - as a matter of fact grab a camcorder and recored it, if she beats you you wont hear the end of it..... LOL

Except a front wheel drive car does not compare to the LS.

I wonder if your wife will let you put fans on the exhaust pipes like your LS had.

hrlincoln said:
Except a front wheel drive car does not compare to the LS.

I wonder if your wife will let you put fans on the exhaust pipes like your LS had.

No man, the spinning exhaust pipes were custom made, chamfered and black zinc'd for Ken' super duper fly LS, he ain't gonna give em to his wife for sure.

lseguy said:
Isnt that Buick Front wheel drive? Ugh.

Yeah that's why there are no GM cars in my future.
FWD sucks.

As for the build quality, I did not see much in a friends to interest me.

so lets stop comparing Granny Smith Apples to Komodo Dragons.

Yea I checked one out, besides the ok styling it was a nice car. Nothing for an avid driver but gives you comfort and a nice cruiser. I like the htd/cooled seat option too, most cars are getting that now, wish my LS had it.

Beamer said:
Yea I checked one out, besides the ok styling it was a nice car. Nothing for an avid driver but gives you comfort and a nice cruiser. I like the htd/cooled seat option too, most cars are getting that now, wish my LS had it.

Dude are you serious with the whole flexing avatar? LOL

Nice buy Ken.. I dont know that any electric SC's exist for it yet though, let us know! :D :D

Snow? what is that?

Ahhh, Buick, darling of rental companies and fleet buyers. Oh, and Tiger Woods. Uh huh.

Oh no...another Floridian....and Orlando guy at that! Welcome fellow "Angriest City" dweller. Today my car was parked next to a Lucerne in the grocery store parking lot. Let me say that they are similiar in the fact that they are both 4 door cars and have four wheels....the similarities end there though. No comparison between them. I think the Buick dealers need to check ID's during purchase and not allow anyone under 50 to buy one.

Fla02LS said:
"Angriest City"

No joke...and the stupidity is back up to it's higher levels, at least here on the east side, now that UCF is back in session...:(

Ken Motz said:
My wife just bought a Lucerne (Buick) and its almost identical to the LS in size power and even looks? The build quality is far superior to the LS. Its 100 noiseless at any speed. Kudos to Buick for the quality and price point.

Whatever happened to your company buying you a STS-V???

J3FF said:
Whatever happened to your company buying you a STS-V???
Dude...speaking of the V Series. When i got home today i heard a car start up down the street, sounded badass. I look and its a CTS-V pulling out of a driveway. As it passed by if you closed your eyes you'd swear it was a modified Mustang or F-body. Holy crap. Guy couldnt drive a stick to save his life though. If Cadillac can throw the corvette engine in a CTS, how is that Ford cant stuff a Rousch V8 in a sports sedan. I am starting to hate Ford.

I did get the Caddy-V........its my wife with the Lucerne. It is very much like the Lincoln LS. Wheel base, size inside treatment, seats. Electronics, etc. The fit and finish are as good or better than the new caddy or the Lincoln! I'm serious, I was aghast at the normalcy of the caddy appointments and materials. The Lucerne and any BMW blow the interior of the Caddy-V away. Its already got a rattle in the dash!

A coworker of mine has a new BMW 7 series and its so far beyond cadillac that its stupid! The caddy scoots, but the BMW roars like a rocket! The radio in the BMW is pristine and in the caddy its so-so? I like the caddy but I need give the Lucerne some props and they both pale in comparison to a Benz or BMW.

taylor414ce2003 said:
I love my fwd - I pass many Lincolns that get stuck in the snow:D
stuck since when, I drive around in the snow in a Mustang GT or the Lincoln LS.

In fact the last dud that made that comment about my Mustang decided he needed to prove it in his brand new Buick LeSabre.
So here we are in the middle of a snowstorm this last winter and he follows me as we leave work. At the first traffic light he comes roaring around me in the snow as I'm carefully feeding the power back to my bald all season tires (I did not get new snow tires this last winter, and my regular tires were all showing tread bars). Stupid I know, but I wasn't spinning or sliding.
The road goes down a small hill with a slight dip at the bottom and then gently curves around to the right.
He goes down the hill over the dip (really more of just a gentle rise) and tries to make the curve at about 35 mph. The Buick does not turn, it rotates but continues on its tangential path across the curve.
He broadslides into the on comming traffic lanes and ends up sliding into a GMC S-10 pickup that stopped in its lane. The poor guy in the pickup got to watch this screw up plow into him. He got really luck as the pickup smashed hard enough into the front fender and wheel that the car did not snap around and slam his door into the opposite corner of the pickup.
I could hear and see the idiot reving the engine and spinning the wheels right up until the moment of impact.
Now it was not that slick since I had no trouble driving my bald tired rear wheel drive Mustang through the same corner at about 28 mph. No slip, no slide, just smooth driving on the snowpack.

its not the car its the driver.
Have you ever driven anything but a FWD in the snow????

A few month ago after seeing a Lucerne in the parking lot a work I decided it looked pretty good and I should take one a for a test drive.

The Nothstar 4.6L had plenty of power but we knew that. The ride seemed smooth but it handed like a continental (go figurer both 4.6L V8's in FWD 4 door) and the interior was a big step forward for GM but what killed it for me was the dash was still the same cheep plastic in my friends $15k Cobalt. All in all it was nice but no Lincoln more along the lines of a Avalon, Diamante, or Bonneville. More of a near luxury car then a luxury car.

Isn't it still a 4-speed transmission in the Lucerne (same as in DTS)? Can't GM mate their 6-speed to the Northstar?

captainalias said:
Isn't it still a 4-speed transmission in the Lucerne (same as in DTS)? Can't GM mate their 6-speed to the Northstar?

Yeah, the Cadillac DTS and the Lucerne are built on the same platform -- Both share one version of the Northstar V8 (Buick gets a V6 choice as well), and both are front wheel drive sharing a 4-sp transmission.

I checked one out and was impressed. The big problems for me were (1) front wheel drive, and (2) low-tech 4-speed transmission. Other than that, both the DTS and Lucerne look like well-made cars.

Have you ever driven anything but a FWD in the snow????[/QUOTE]

.Yes I have driven rwd in the snow-this Caddy is my 1rst FWD car and it pulls me up hills that I used to avoid.I do miss fishtailing in a empty parking lot-suppose I could try them in reverse:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back