LS6 5spd, LSD convertion. Need help, plz !!

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im about to order a transmission mount cause mine has been messed up do to an oil leak coming from the transmission extension housing seal, so when I do that Im gonna have my drive shaft powder coated, and maybe the differential housing as well. Does anyone know what differential the 5spd V6 comes with? I want an LSD SOOOOO bad !!! I can only drift on wet floor cause on dry road only 1 tire would spin.. :(

Do I have to convert mine or swap another diff ?? Need help pls

a896fa0ffffe__1251513804000.jpeg

I also want to make the gears a little longer than stock. Will the LSD diff help me do that ??

Thanks in advance.

Question.....

Why do you want to powder coat an aluminum drive shaft, that you can not see?

Question.....

Why do you want to powder coat an aluminum drive shaft, that you can not see?

Cause I want to avoid rust, as I wanna keep my LS and build it. And because I get professional
Powder coating for free.
:cool:

hey your fog lights are gone

Cause when I bought the car n put hids they try to steal my bulbs and ended up not taking anything and messing up 1 of my fog lights. Then I sold the car and now that
I bought it again I have 2 near new for lights, but I like the look of it without them, I'd provably keep it this way till I get the body redone with LSE front bumper
And headlights.

wait you have a V6? i thought that only the V8's had the removible section in the front bumper, my 00 V6 didn't

Aluminum doesn't rust ;)

Mine kinda did !! Maybe its not aluminum !! Anyways my powder coating will be free, plus
eventually I wanna swap in a custom carbon fiber shaft.

Anyone knows whether 5spd LSs have the same diff as auto V6 or V8s ?

It has a tow hook behind it. For loading onto a trailer-style tow truck.

it was required for sales in Europe - once they decided no to go there they dropped it, hence the Gen2 does not have the removable section.

Any useful info ? I'm not so worried about price, I don't care if I have to adapt another diff. All I care about
is having it done the best possible way at a reasonable price. Like I said I wanna get a carbon f. Driveshaft too.

HELP PLS !!

If you are doing a custom driveshaft, than go to an 8.8" pumpkin so you actually have a selection of gears to choose from. You'll have to fab the brackets too.

If you are doing a custom driveshaft, than go to an 8.8" pumpkin so you actually have a selection of gears to choose from. You'll have to fab the brackets too.

Thanks buddy ! I'm not familiar with diff. Numbers, my goal is to be able to drift and to improve
cornering and overall handling.
Basically I'm thinking drift and road course. Ima get euro shocks and sprint springs or eibach and heat them to lower the car 2.25 front 2 in the back with 18x8 up front 18x9.5 in the back. I'm also
Goint to overhaul the whole suspenssion rubber, sway bar links and bushings, upper n lower conrol arm
Bushings front n rear, all ball joints and whatever else I may be missing.
About gear ratio, I'm trying to end up with a bit longer ratio, in order to run at less rpms on 5th when cruising on
express ways. Its my only vehicle so far :cool:

Not trying to burst your bubble or be a d**k but.....Heating the springs to lower them further is a huge NO NO. You might as well throw them away after heating them or better yet, don't do it at all. Even if you can get them to drop evenly you won't like it and it's dangerous. You've messed with the temper on the steel and they will be softer than your stockers and prone to breakage due to heat stress. Doesn't matter because you won't be able to fit those wheels at that much drop anyways, can't be done unless your willing to do a lot of cutting and hacking. Don't say you'll roll the fenders, because on the rears you can't because of the door frame. At most if you do a little trimming and hammering you can gain 3/8". There isn't much out there for aftermarket Poly bushings for the LS. Swaybar mounts are about it. Carbon Fiber Driveshaft? What on earth for? The miniscule performance gains are no way worth buying a custom driveshaft that is worth more than half of what your car is. Lastly, even if you did do an LSD swap the V6 doesn't make near enough power even with an Exhaust, CAI and SCT to realisticly drift except on wet pavement. Especially if you want to run big rubber. Besides that where are you going to be drifting anyways? If it's on the street please tell me where you live so I can make sure to avoid that area at all costs.

We need to start a "Fast and Furious" Counseling and Treatment Center.

Do yourself a favor. Sell your LS, take that and all the money you were planning on spending on your upgrades and buy something like an older Mustang. You'll have a much more suitable platform that won't bankrupt you trying to make it work. If you plan on drifting on the street, then please buy a bicycle and get profesional help for everyones sake.

And I agree about not being able to realistically drift. You'd have to go FI.

Speaking of FI, just do that instead of a carbon fiber driveshaft. WAY more of a gain.

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! I kept waiting for his stupidly oversized ghetto tuxedo to get wrapped up in the chain. Only thing that would have made that any better. Thanks Pektel!

And I agree about not being able to realistically drift. You'd have to go FI.

Speaking of FI, just do that instead of a carbon fiber driveshaft. WAY more of a gain.

What about both? what exactly is an FI?

Members online

No members online now.
Back