LS Vs 300C

Beamer said:
I looked inside an srt-8 and did not see anything that would make me think it was better than the ls, almost kind of looked similiar. Much rather have the LS still.

I too was disapointed w/ the SRT-8s interior, but it is toned-down (cheapened up) relative to the 300C, apparently as a cost savings and slant towards performance over luxury (more plastic and less woodgrain vs LS). The one thing I found inexcusable in a performance oriented sedan was the lack of 4 "oh Jesus" bars for each passenger. The LS has them (and the wife uses it ALOT when I drive). Also, the ride harshness, while OK for me, was intolerable for the wife, and I'd have to agree it'd get old on a long highway trip. I suspect the 300C is much smoother than the SRT-8, as evidenced by some posts here (I never got around to test driving a 300C). When it came to power, the SRT-8 is truly awesome for a 2+ ton car, I suspect a 300C would hand any LS it's ass except at top end. If the car (our LS or it's replacment) was mine to drive, I'd suffer the ride harshess of the SRT-8, but the LS is the wife's car, so she gets the last word.

Bottom line for us: It'll take a heck of a nice car to pry our LS from my wife's hands. SRT-8 isn't cutting it, a 300C might.

You talk about a harsh ride ... that's my LS. The first time I took my wife for a ride she said it road like crap. You fell every little crack and bump in the road. Swapping to 235/55/17 tires helped some, but it's still rough. Now mind you, her ride is a RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab and they are not known for a smooth ride. That is why I am contemplating trading my recently purchased LS in on a Caddy. The LS is fun to drive, but after awhile, it gets old. Anyone that says an '03+ LS rides smooth has spent way too much time in small, rough riding cars. :)

Might just be me but I like "feeling" the road, little bits and big. Not all the time, but its nice to "feel" the road and know... Cannot think of the term, but some may know what I am saying. Everyone who has ridden in my LS had said its very smooth. One thing people have to remember just cause its a Lincoln does not mean Town Car here, that is what I tell everyone when I talk about it cause they think its nothing but a old man ride w/ a sporty look when its meant to be sporty all round and sporty doesn't mean smooth, it absurbs what it can but not enough to make it seem dull and that is what I love.

Only thing I truly wish was different was the transmission. Wish they would of added a manual to the v8 or the clutchless manual like in the MR-2. I know there is the SST but you have the option of auto and the clutchless manual I am talking about is a manual, no auto shift option so you must use the shifter to shift or the padels on the wheel.

the 300c is such a ripoff of the rolls phantom, it makes me sick. Plus, all the rappers have made them so popular, the only people driving them seem to be the little white kids who think theyre black and thugged out. It's ruined the appeal of the car IMO

here in LA it seems like every other car on the road now is a 300. there are so many yuppies (i.e. guys with 2 days of beard fuzz, trucker hats and pilot sunglasses) driving around these things it's ridiculous. the LS seems to attract a more sophisticated crowd, and not suprisingly either considering it's a more mature looking car and in my opinion more luxurious. as for the hip hop affinity for the 300, that is very true also, but in LA there are just as many thugs rolling around in pimped out Impalas as in 300s. i think it's completely silly, but that's just me, a boring white guy talkin ;)

I think they both look sweet! They're both domestics so they will both lose their value quicker then an import, they both don't have the best mpg, and I assume the 300 will kick my LS's butt in torque and speed.
I read just the other day online that the 300 has the worst mpg of cars - 13 mpg. lol Sad

Smokey said:
You talk about a harsh ride ... that's my LS. The first time I took my wife for a ride she said it road like crap. You fell every little crack and bump in the road. Swapping to 235/55/17 tires helped some, but it's still rough. Now mind you, her ride is a RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab and they are not known for a smooth ride. That is why I am contemplating trading my recently purchased LS in on a Caddy. The LS is fun to drive, but after awhile, it gets old. Anyone that says an '03+ LS rides smooth has spent way too much time in small, rough riding cars. :)
My LS had 16" wheels. That makes a big difference, you should try it if you want to give the LS one last chance.

Quinton said:
I think they both look sweet! They're both domestics so they will both lose their value quicker then an import, they both don't have the best mpg, and I assume the 300 will kick my LS's butt in torque and speed.
I read just the other day online that the 300 has the worst mpg of cars - 13 mpg. lol Sad
It's not the worst of all cars, and it's not rated at 13. The 300C is rated at 17/25, which is better than a V8 LS.

That's what it's RATED, but all ratings are BS. MPG "ratings" just give morons a warm, fuzzy feeling. :D

steagle said:
here in LA it seems like every other car on the road now is a 300. there are so many yuppies (i.e. guys with 2 days of beard fuzz, trucker hats and pilot sunglasses) driving around these things it's ridiculous. the LS seems to attract a more sophisticated crowd, and not suprisingly either considering it's a more mature looking car and in my opinion more luxurious. as for the hip hop affinity for the 300, that is very true also, but in LA there are just as many thugs rolling around in pimped out Impalas as in 300s. i think it's completely silly, but that's just me, a boring white guy talkin ;)

DID YOU CALL ME SOPHISTICATED? THANKS. ANYWAYS I DO LIKE THE 300 BUT I MADE MY CHOICE WITH THE LS. I HAD THE CHANCE TO BUY A 2005 300 OR A 2001 LS AND EVEN THOUGH IT MAY NOT BE WORTH AS MUCH, I STILL BELIEVE I GOT MORE CAR FOR MY MONEY. I PAID 17, THEY WANTED 22 CASH FOR THE BASELINE 300 AND I SHOPPED AROUND FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS STRAIGHT. DAY AFTER DAY, DEALER AFTER DEALER. MY WIFE LOVES THE EXT OF THE 300, BUT WHEN WE DROVE IT, WE WERE SADLY DISAPPOINTED. MY WIFE NOW HAS A PT AND THE INTERIOR IS ABOUT THE SAME, AND I ONLY PAID 10 FOR A FAIRLY NEW ONE.

Dutch said:
It's not the worst of all cars, and it's not rated at 13. The 300C is rated at 17/25, which is better than a V8 LS.

My V8 LS is rated at 18/24 or 25...

Comments on the 2006 300C vs the 2006 LS Sport ...

The 2006 300C was one of the cars in my short list and I drove one twice last February, comparing it with the 2006 LS Sport (which I wound up buying).

The 300C is much quicker than the LS. No getting around the extra 60 HP, and the cars are roughly the same size.

The 300C also handles surprisingly well. It's smaller than it looks, if you know what I mean. Handling-wise, I found the 300C and LS Sport to be pretty close to equivalent, but would have to give the edge to the Chrysler, probably because of the sport tires (the LS has grand touring tires).

The 300C is noisy, though. Air/wind noise on the freeway is significant and the tire noise much louder (again, the sport tires). The ride in the LS was much smoother and quieter, yet not at all sloppy in corners. The LS is way ahead for a civilized, but still nimble, ride.

Equally equipped, the real price of the two 2006s are about the same. Fully loaded, the 300C is a hair under $40K MSRP. Fully loaded, the MSRP on the LS is just under $48K. But new LSs are heavily discounted now and I paid just over $37K. You could get the loaded 300C for about the same.

For me, the civilized ride was more to my taste than the extra power. But here was the kicker. Look around ... you see 300s everywhere! Everybody and their great-aunt Doris is driving one. And they looked kind of cool at first, but when you see so many of them, it kind of gets old. What good is a distinctive-looking style when it's so decidedly un-special? The styling of the LS is classy and there aren't that many on the road by comparison.

Hope this helps!

Dutch said:
Ah. I see the new ones are rated at 18/25, while the older ones were 17/23.

I can get 24.6 crusing at 60. I average 21.9 kicking it at 90 or so. I tend to drive ALOT easier in town. I average about 16.8 in town, and I dont drive hard alot...I hate it.

LS all the way, the 300 just sucks and I do not understand why it's so popular, it's ugly and a waste of time and money IMHO. It's almost as ugly as the charger...ALMOST, NOT QUITE. I cannot believe that now the cops are driving those things. I guess this means we need to pull over now right? :D :D

Bottom line the 300 C is a poor mans Bentley and you wouldn't want that kind of a title, would you? The LS V8 just looks younger, its ride is better than the 300 ( yes I drove the Hemi and hated it).

sloban said:
Comments on the 2006 300C vs the 2006 LS Sport ...

The 2006 300C was one of the cars in my short list and I drove one twice last February, comparing it with the 2006 LS Sport (which I wound up buying).

The 300C is much quicker than the LS. No getting around the extra 60 HP, and the cars are roughly the same size.

The 300C also handles surprisingly well. It's smaller than it looks, if you know what I mean. Handling-wise, I found the 300C and LS Sport to be pretty close to equivalent, but would have to give the edge to the Chrysler, probably because of the sport tires (the LS has grand touring tires).

The 300C is noisy, though. Air/wind noise on the freeway is significant and the tire noise much louder (again, the sport tires). The ride in the LS was much smoother and quieter, yet not at all sloppy in corners. The LS is way ahead for a civilized, but still nimble, ride.

Equally equipped, the real price of the two 2006s are about the same. Fully loaded, the 300C is a hair under $40K MSRP. Fully loaded, the MSRP on the LS is just under $48K. But new LSs are heavily discounted now and I paid just over $37K. You could get the loaded 300C for about the same.

For me, the civilized ride was more to my taste than the extra power. But here was the kicker. Look around ... you see 300s everywhere! Everybody and their great-aunt Doris is driving one. And they looked kind of cool at first, but when you see so many of them, it kind of gets old. What good is a distinctive-looking style when it's so decidedly un-special? The styling of the LS is classy and there aren't that many on the road by comparison.

Hope this helps!

I agree with Sloban.

Same as with the LS, I think the 300C is a lot of car for that amount of money. It has the good looks, power and a good size. I think the LS has more timeless design than the Crysler. I like the fact that there are less LSs on the road. I have a 02 BMW 330i, it's a great car, but there are so many of them on the streets that sometimes I see 3 or 4 3 series at the same time on the intersection, and that's annoying.

I have driven a base 300 (rental) for few days, and I have to say that I didn't like it at all. The only thing that I liked, the interior was bigger. The 2.7 liter engine was horrible, even my V6 auto LS was faster.

The LS has a great suspention, it might be a little harsh (20s), but overall the feel, especially on the highway is excelent, the steering feels very nice and heavy, even better than in my 330i. The LS doesn't handle better or is not going easier around the corners than the BMW, but the steering feels better (heavier).

I think the difference maker is the exclusivity of the vehicle. Like you said, the 300s are everywhere. When I think of a 300 I think of my buddies 300C completely tricked out on 22" Dub Trump spinners and when compared to my LS, it blows it out of the water.

But 06 vs. 06 I think Slobans comments are pretty dead-on.

I got a ticket for my tint the other day and they labeled my car is a 2006 Lincoln 4dr. I drive a green 2001 Lincoln LS.

The :q:q:q:q:q:q:q got me for tint, suspended object (radar detector), and no front license plate. OUCH!

I just couldn't believe that instead of putting "LS" for model he put "4dr" and 2006 instead of 2001 and he left the color blank. HA! Talk about exclusive....thats the second time I've been mislabeled by a cop.

According to the ticket I could have been driving any 2006 Lincoln 4dr...could I use this to my advantage?? hmmmm....

J3FF said:
LS all the way, the 300 just sucks and I do not understand why it's so popular, it's ugly and a waste of time and money IMHO. It's almost as ugly as the charger...ALMOST, NOT QUITE.

Where is the love?

I like the looks of the charger. My boss is test driving one and it's got some pull. Throws ya back in the seat!

chriswells78 said:
Sorry Dutch, he's right, the "Charger" is B-U-Double-T Ugly! :D
So then what 2006 4dr cars do you like if not the 300 or the Charger. And please dont say the LS...tell me your taste is a little more open than that.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
So then what 2006 4dr cars do you like if not the 300 or the Charger. And please dont say the LS...tell me your taste is a little more open than that.

m5 hahah :shifty:

m5 ha sweet car, but how bout that cls 55 amg :D just plain sexyyyy

audi a8l 2004 and up it just smooth as i dont know what, and of course the 7 series 2002 and up. i think i prefer the a8 though. just because they are not popular. that this even has some kinda anti-fog system where u`r windows will never fog up. i would really love that to be my next car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back