ls trailer?

mikedeezy123

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am buyin an atv and was wonderin how my 2000 ls sport could handle towin this sucker around on a small flatbed? Any one ever tow anything with their ls and can give me some pointers or problems with doin this. Thanks!!! By the way, love this site!!!!

yes - but like any uni-bodies car you have to be careful. the owners manual recommended limit is 1000lbs towing for a V8.

I tow with my LS. YOu will be fine, as stated before. I tow a small boat around with no issues, its probally right at the 1k mark. Just remember if the tranny keeps shifting and and out of OD just drive in the lower gear. Shifting = heat.
none the less a 4wheeler should be JUST fine.

I miss my Tahoe for towing :(

So towing a small 5 x 8 uhaul trailer is ok? I hope so cause thats what Im doing this weekend, Im gonna be moving to orlando, fl.
SHould I use the d4 shift or whats the best way to try to avoid overheating or tranny problems....
reply would be appreciated.

i dont think you'll have any problems pulling an atv... not very much weight.. how many axels on the trailer.. 1? just make sure you have the weight right..

POPPABEAR78 said:
So towing a small 5 x 8 uhaul trailer is ok? I hope so cause thats what Im doing this weekend, Im gonna be moving to orlando, fl.
SHould I use the d4 shift or whats the best way to try to avoid overheating or tranny problems....
reply would be appreciated.

First off...U-haul, BE CAREFUL!!! I have NEVER rented a trailer from them that was not a mess at all! If your going a long distance check the wheel bearings!!! I had horror stories about it.

the 5x8 is not the smallest one u-haul makes, and I think the trailer alone weighs 6-800 lbs. SO be carefull what you load it up with.

TO me a good rule of thumb is, start it in OD, if you dont have a lot of shifting and stuff your fine, if the car is hunting for gears, and or shifting a lot take it down one to save it.

Remember load the trailer with 'most' of the weight up front or that thing will sway badly, and its no fun.

Good luck, be safe with that u-haul garbage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back