LS Stereo

stinknlinknls8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have my first question. I have a 2001 LS8 with the stock alpine stereo without the subwoofer. My questions are if I change all my speakers and add a sub but leave my head unit would it make a big difference in sound and clarity? Also what size speakers does the lincoln have I'll need the f-doors, r-doors, and console. And what size sub, I listen to rock and country ( if my wife's in the car )? Thank you everyone in advance, I know I'll be on this site alot. :L

there are alot of threads on this - do some searching for all the opinions.

- I have the Premium Alpine - but I can tell you swapping the speakers made a huge difference.

Any component you upgrade will naturally make a positive difference in your listening experience. You will be limited in how good you can make it sound with that stock deck. It will be better, but not as good as it could be.

Good luck,

Quik LS said:
there are alot of threads on this - do some searching for all the opinions.

- I have the Premium Alpine - but I can tell you swapping the speakers made a huge difference.

Did you change any of the stock speaker wire? Schould I ?

stinknlinknls8 said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have my first question. I have a 2001 LS8 with the stock alpine stereo without the subwoofer. My questions are if I change all my speakers and add a sub but leave my head unit would it make a big difference in sound and clarity? Also what size speakers does the lincoln have I'll need the f-doors, r-doors, and console. And what size sub, I listen to rock and country ( if my wife's in the car )? Thank you everyone in advance, I know I'll be on this site alot. :L

If you change all of your speakers and add a sub, you'll have better clarity. If you listen to rock and country, I would recommend either a 10" or 2 10"s depending on.... how much are you looking to spend? You'll need an amp as well, along with wiring for the amp. "Power wire, ground wire, remote wire, rcas.. and in order for you to use your rcas on teh stock Head unit, your going to have to buy a LOC.. (line out converter), and splice into your rear deck speakers.
Depending on how many watts your amp is. Dont buy an amp wiring kit seeing that you wont need that 15 ft of power wire due to the Batter being in your trunk.
Let me know if you need more info.. I've been installing for well over 5 yrs now.. I do custom boxes as well.. heres a thread on some of my installs..
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=10731

stinknlinknls8 said:
Did you change any of the stock speaker wire? Schould I ?

I never did. The door looms are moulded custom pieces that are difficult to run new wires through.

Motts said:
If you change all of your speakers and add a sub, you'll have better clarity. If you listen to rock and country, I would recommend either a 10" or 2 10"s depending on.... how much are you looking to spend? You'll need an amp as well, along with wiring for the amp. "Power wire, ground wire, remote wire, rcas.. and in order for you to use your rcas on teh stock Head unit, your going to have to buy a LOC.. (line out converter), and splice into your rear deck speakers.
Depending on how many watts your amp is. Dont buy an amp wiring kit seeing that you wont need that 15 ft of power wire due to the Batter being in your trunk.
Let me know if you need more info.. I've been installing for well over 5 yrs now.. I do custom boxes as well.. heres a thread on some of my installs..
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=10731

is there a kit to buy all the wiring i need besides the amp wiring kit?

that has shorter wiring?

JPsBored said:
is there a kit to buy all the wiring i need besides the amp wiring kit?

that has shorter wiring?

you can buy wire by the foot at best buy/circuit city/ local car audio shop.. you need to make sure that you get the right guage wire for the wattage of the amp..

Your only gona need like 3-4 ft of power wire and no longer then 1ft for the ground.. dont forget the Line out converter its liek 14.99 at best buy or circuit city... Your best bet if you want better sound is to go with an aftermarket Stereo.. sometimes when you use the LOC you'll get engine noise through your speakers.... very rarly.. "IF" you do, just install a "ground loop conveter"
If you have any questiong on installing feel free to IM me on aol or send me a pm on here!

Members online

No members online now.
Back