Ls Owners

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of our members currently are Mark VII and Mark VIII owners. Please tell us about your LS and what makes it a great car. Let us know all about your car, how it drives and handles, and how its enginered.!

And welcome to:

:V

About the LS

Joeychgo said:
Many of our members currently are Mark VII and Mark VIII owners. Please tell us about your LS and what makes it a great car. Let us know all about your car, how it drives and handles, and how its enginered.!

And welcome to:

I have owned the Turbo Coupe, the SHO executive express, a Mustang GT ragtop and many other cars and trucks (to many to count). THIS CAR ROCKS,
Its quick, quiet, it handes and brakes with the best of them and the LOOKS.
Ours is a Cashmere LS V8 Ultimate, it gets looks and comments where ever we go. It is also well put together, we were rear ended by an Impala and we were no worse for the wear, he wasn't!
If it werent for the ebrake problem I'd give it a 10 :p
doctorj

LS -the best car I have owned in 25 yrs

Joeychgo said:

And welcome to:

I have had about 15 cars in 25 years ( ok I dont gamble , smoke or drink excessively and married for 31 years) . I traded in a brand new Audi A6 Quatro turbo with 12,000kmls( for you americans it aint much mileage) . I have the top of the line V8 with everythinge xcept that annoying backup horn. The car is fabulous. It has power, handling, comfortable and as a bonus the Audi's Bosch sound system cannot come even close. I bought my 2003 at the end of the 2003 model year , it was the dealers wifes car and I saved about 12K only had about 6000klms( 3600 miles, yes multiply by .60) .. I test drove the Caddy , BMW , Lincoln ls won handss down.

I have had two minor problems, The steering squeaked at low speeeds and finally the service manager heard the squeak and Ford will replace the entire stearing assembly next week as wellas the ashtro wont stay shut. Again Ford is replacing same. It is rear wheel drive so I did put on 4 snow tires this year and because the wheel size is 17" they were expensive but the handled perfectly. I dont think in snow without snow tires it would handle as well.

BUY IT!!!!

Larry

My 2004 LSE

Joeychgo said:

And welcome to:

I have had my 2004 LSE for just over a month
it is BLack on Black and has every option but the heated rear seat(I never sit back there anyways)
I traded in a 2002 Mustang GT 5spd
The LSE is very smooth, refined, and quiet..

I was looking at the 545 also but after driving the LSE and Playing with it's toys it was hands down..

I also had the Mobile-Ease and a remote starter installed at the dealership

The only thing that I dont like about the car is right off the line it is kind of laggy.. but once it is at 10mph it gives and never stops..
is this typical for all the LS's

the new LS's have an electronic throttle control so I think the car is programmed to only open part way.... even if you floor it off the line????

Brad

I've had my LS for 2 years and it gets better everytime I drive it. You get that "LS grin" while driving. I believe it's a true drivers car. I've added some "bolt on" HP and torque and would highly recommend it for any LS owner. I plan to have it dyno'd this weekend and can post the results for other comparisons.

I'm waiting on Lincoln to build the "One Lap of America LS". You know the 430 HP LS but I'd be content with a 350 HP LS. I feel that this car is under powered to its fullest potential.

The best part about driving this car are the stares from people trying to figure out what it is. Most people can't believe it's a Lincoln. And as soon as I tell them it's a Lincoln the first words out their mouth is "Hot Rod Lincoln". :Bang

Can I ask what type of bolt ons and where to get them? Do they void the warranty. I've got an '02 and love it. It truly is a drivers car :L

chitown77 said:
Can I ask what type of bolt ons and where to get them? Do they void the warranty. I've got an '02 and love it. It truly is a drivers car :L

If you click on my photos link in the signature you can see some pictures of the Stainless Steel Cold Air Intake and the tips of the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. At this time you can only purchase the cold air intake from the Lincoln LS Owners Club at www.llsoc.com. You can purchase the Magnaflow exhaust system from any Magnaflow dealer on the web. Price normally ranges between $550-$700 for the Magnaflow. It just depends on who you buy it from. The CAI is around $400.

They've estimated the "bolt on" accessories to be around a 20-30 HP increase from stock. That's a nice increase for around a $1,000.

Now only if someone would make a Supercharger for the LS then life would be grand! :L

chitown77 said:

You could also get a KurtzKustomz open air intake filter which is really good too which is the one I have. www.kustomz.com Its around 80 bucks.

felo3769 said:
You could also get a KurtzKustomz open air intake filter which is really good too which is the one I have. www.kustomz.com Its around 80 bucks.

This is part of the Stainless Steel Cold Air Intake. The intake tube is $300 and the Kurtz Induction is $89. So hence, around $400 after shipping. You need to get the tube because it is a 3" tube that does not restrict air to the throttle body. The OEM plastic tube that is on the LS is pretty restrictive. If you want the full effect of the CAI you will need both the KKM Induction system and the stainless steel tubes. You can buy the tubes and KKM on the LLSOC site.

I don't have the KKM on mine. I got the first generation velocity stack and filter. The first generation velocity stack has a bigger throat than the KKM but it's not a major difference.

LS its a great car

Joeychgo said:

And welcome to:

I have the 1993 LS V8 .I would not even consider the 6 as I feel resale is poor and it is way underpowered. My LS is balck with black leather upholstery. The car handles wonderfully. The 1993 had many upgrades which i liked .

What i like:
Handling and power
Acceleration
Shiftamatic
Traction controls
power stuff all the bells and whistles
Car length and trunk space
Heated and cooled seats

What I dislike

Small back seat area

I test drove the BMW, The lexis, the Caddy and this car won hands down.

Also great sound system.

larryja50 said:
I have the 1993 LS V8 .I would not even consider the 6 as I feel resale is poor and it is way underpowered. My LS is balck with black leather upholstery. The car handles wonderfully. The 1993 had many upgrades which i liked .

What i like:
Handling and power
Acceleration
Shiftamatic
Traction controls
power stuff all the bells and whistles
Car length and trunk space
Heated and cooled seats

What I dislike

Small back seat area

I test drove the BMW, The lexis, the Caddy and this car won hands down.

Also great sound system.

2003?

Joeychgo said:

And welcome to:

Hello everybody, I am a new memeber and would like to thank you all for the information that you all have provided. I own A 2000 LS Sport, and I love it. I considered trading it in for a 300C but I could not in my right mind do it. The only problems I have had with the car include the AC controls in the dash going bad, fortunately it was still under warranty and Malloy Lincoln in Woodbridge, VA did a hell of a job getting it fixed. I also had a problem with the # eight cylinder miss firing due to a leake from the spark plug o-ring. I went in and replaced all eight o-rings and valve cover gaskets myself at a cost of about $130.00. When that happened I was 3500 miles out of warranty, and it would have cost me $650.00 to take it to the dealership. I can now say that I enjoyed working on the car and I learned a lot. :L Once again thank you all for a great forum.

On my second LS

I had gone through 3 Taurus SHO's and once they were discontinued I looked elsewhere and found the LS. I got a 2000 LS V8 Sport brand new. Only problems were the Tranny PCM re-flash which really helped shifting and rear window regulators. Loved it. Drove it for 3 years and then got the 2003 LS V8 Premium Sport with the THX and Navigation. Awesome car. Lots of power (I would like more though!!).

If you want a really nimble, powerful, luxury car that seats 4 comfortably then the LS is an excellent choice. I feel I got a lot more for my money than an equivilant 540 etc.

I love the car and have done several mods: 4 inch tips, 2004 LSE grille, Magnaflow Mufflers, LES rear spoiler (From Spoilerdepot).

The car has been very reliable. Only had the early build 03 Transmission Valve Body problem so far.

http://home.mindspring.com/~kelleyo/id4.html

Lincolnman

I have a white 2000 LS and I love it. Bought it when they first came out and I have about 80,000 miles on it. It still looks brand new. Most people ask me if it is new because I use Dri-Wash and Guard waterless carwash to clean it. It makes it look better than any detail wax job. I'm just now having problems with it down shifting to passing gear. It wants to hesitate and think about it before it takes off. I hope it can be corrected. Any problems like that out their. If so let me know what it is before I spend big bucks on diagnostics

I have the same problem w/my steering and had Lincoln look at it and they said nothing was wrong. Did it also kind of feel a little weird when turning too?

Pure LS Heaven and Hell

I have a 2000 LS V8 Sport. Its the model with no chrome.

I purchased the car over a BMW 5 Series because it was voted 2000 car of the year, it looks sexy and confuses people when you tell them it's a Lincoln and I was really impressed with the cars response and handling. The 50/50 weight distribution is immediately apparent on twisty roads, paired with Advanctrac and Select-Shift, you have a sports sedan that will eat most other sport sedans for dinner. I immediately changed the factory tires to Michelin Pilot Sports A/s and the car responds effectively to hard driving but is also well mannered when you have to behave.

However, it seemed that the car had an internal timer, waiting for the warranty to expire. For the warrantied 50k miles, I had only one problem with the car that was the fuel flap catch not securing. At 50,105 , the rear drivers side window came off its mount and fell down. Since then, and I'm now at 69K the following failures have happened:

• Rear window fell out again
  • Drivers window fell out
  • Lights had to be replaced because of condensation
  • 4 Cylinder timing failure (Car broke down)
  • Select shift data select error (Car broke down again)
  • Auto wiper failure
  • AC Temp control failure
  • 6 CD Changer read errors

These problems have cost me over 3,000 in repairs and the Lincoln service center here has been very good in giving me discounts in the costs of the repairs. I still love my LS but there may come a time when I cannot withstand anymore failures in such a short period of time and will have to consider a different car. So my LS is on probation, if it behaves, I'll keep it and will even buy another one next year, if it leaves me stranded again in the middle of nowhere at 2.00am again, I'll take a sledgehammer to it for anger management purposes. Would love to hear from anyone else with the "timer" scenario.

Bolt ons and warranty!

chitown77 said:

I can personaly attest that any bolton will not affect the warranty unless the dealer can PROVE that they were the cause of the problem! If you encounter any problems contact SEMA they have people that love dealers who are anal retentives!

I had a Turbo Coupe An SHO and A 98 GT Ragtop 5 Sp, all were modifyed the GT fairly extensively. It only takes one time showing your stripes at the dealer and they will back off!

doctorj
current car 04 LS V8 Ultimate :L

huskie said:
I have had my 2004 LSE for just over a month
it is BLack on Black and has every option but the heated rear seat(I never sit back there anyways)
I traded in a 2002 Mustang GT 5spd
The LSE is very smooth, refined, and quiet..

I was looking at the 545 also but after driving the LSE and Playing with it's toys it was hands down..

I also had the Mobile-Ease and a remote starter installed at the dealership

The only thing that I dont like about the car is right off the line it is kind of laggy.. but once it is at 10mph it gives and never stops..
is this typical for all the LS's

the new LS's have an electronic throttle control so I think the car is programmed to only open part way.... even if you floor it off the line????

Brad
Brad what is Mobile-Ease??? I also had them add a remote starter when I got my 03 LS last month, and the factory chrome rims :)

Bolt ons and warranty!

doctorj said:
I can personaly attest that any bolton will not affect the warranty unless the dealer can PROVE that they were the cause of the problem! If you encounter any problems contact SEMA they have people that love dealers who are anal retentives!

I had a Turbo Coupe An SHO and A 98 GT Ragtop 5 Sp, all were modifyed the GT fairly extensively. It only takes one time showing your stripes at the dealer and they will back off!

doctorj
current car 04 LS V8 Ultimate :L

The Turbo Coupe had a higher pressure wastegate and a hi energy ignition. The SHO had a computer chip, dynomax duals, tbody and mass air.
The GT has pulleys, Custom Diablo chip, Headers, P I Heads with stage 2 porting, stage 2 billet cams, super subframe connectors, export brace, 3.73 gears and a K & N filter charger. Soon it will have 24# injectors a power pipe, mass air sensor, throttle body and throttle plenum. Currently it turns the rollers at 289.7 hp and 289.5 lbft at the wheels. It has more snot than the Cobras up to 2001 and the F bodies (stock).

I got the GT for my 40th, now that my son is back from the middleeast he is taking it over. He has inherited all of my hot rod FORDs except my 62 Galaxie 500XL.

It doesn't suck to be him!

Enjoy your LS, I really enjoy mine now that they have it fixed.

doctorj :p

doctorj said:
The Turbo Coupe had a higher pressure wastegate and a hi energy ignition. The SHO had a computer chip, dynomax duals, tbody and mass air.
The GT has pulleys, Custom Diablo chip, Headers, P I Heads with stage 2 porting, stage 2 billet cams, super subframe connectors, export brace, 3.73 gears and a K & N filter charger. Soon it will have 24# injectors a power pipe, mass air sensor, throttle body and throttle plenum. Currently it turns the rollers at 289.7 hp and 289.5 lbft at the wheels. It has more snot than the Cobras up to 2001 and the F bodies (stock).

I got the GT for my 40th, now that my son is back from the middleeast he is taking it over. He has inherited all of my hot rod FORDs except my 62 Galaxie 500XL.

It doesn't suck to be him!

Enjoy your LS, I really enjoy mine now that they have it fixed.

doctorj :p
P.S. I new I forgot something, catback exhaust with H pipe 3 " front to back.

I have a 2001 LS V8 -

I AutoCross in mine once/twice a month.

I have modded everything I could - some preformance / some just looks:
- lowered 2"
- 245/45 ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE750
- body kit, mesh grills, spoiler, splitter
- hood scoop, CIA, custom air box, strut brace
- Schroth Rallye Harness
- slotted/drilled rotors, brack ducting from lower grill to rotor covers, Porterfield R4-S High Performance Street/AutoCross Pads
- switch from auto to SST, added BMW M3 SMG paddle shifts to steering wheel
- white gauge upgrade, pedal covers, 2003 fog lamp upgrade, angle-eyes, cleared signal coners, Japanese taillamps, SilverStar clear turn lamps, 7000K Xenon HID bulbs low/high/fog
- speakers upgraded to: console FRC3203 - 3.5" Punch 2-way, doors Alpine SPS-570A , Sony Xplod XM-2165GTX amplifier, 2 Sony XS-L1200B 12" subwoofers
- 4 sensor backup kit ,LED Display

Just purchased a 2000 LS V6... what can I say about this car. It's beautiful, and it's black!!! Ever since I have seen the LS, I have wanted one. Can't believe I have it. I love it so much!

Members online

No members online now.
Back