LS Nitrous to the next level.

atta boy!

stage_1_trunk_lg.jpg

just good at spotting posers.... ;)
they are usually next to me at the lights, then in my mirrors for a bit...
sometimes they are on the internet

Eat a d!ck. Whens the last time you posted anything informational or about your LS anyways huh Quik? Poser.

the ultimate comment from someone who doesn’t have anything else to post - like pics, hp, dyno numbers, an ACTUAL INSTALL, ....etc..

sorry to upset you. I did not mean to embarrass you. All of our cars start from stock and there are not a lot of options to modify them. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the LS, I just did not understand where your car actually was in the process or I would not have asked those questions. We are all learning.

Ive posted many pics, videos, my dyno numbers, times Ive ran, videos to prove installs, ect.. Whatever, I dont have patience for BS like this..

Because Sully is American living in Canada and Im Canadian living in America. His LS is black and slow, my LS is white and fast :p

peace and quiet.

oh missing dinc, you think your bottle is gonna shut me up? LOL Im going to take 100 shot deeper than it has every been in the E/T world. Then once i have all the new hardware dialed in right, I'll work up the nitrous. 175 shot has been cleared on a dyno for safe jetting and timing. I could have tried for 200, but I'll wait till the meth kit gets in and go from there. With the new plate system, its going be an entirely different ball game due to the way it sprays anyway.

Im looking at new hardware that is going to change the tracking of this car BIG TIME!!! I dont want to change it all in one move and over whelm my clear thought or the car. I will be dealing with power levels that can pop my motor, tranny, and rear end. So I am going to throttle back on the nitrous once everything is on and work up slowly. I'll make a few passes at a 100 shot just to make sure I know exactly how everything is going to interact together. Then when I have that dialed in, I can slowly bring in the power levels. Think of it as fighting each battle one at a time instead of trying to win the war from the start.

The meth will be a completely different ball game too. Depending on the mix I run, it will add to my fuel mixture just a touch or big time. Thats something I will need to investigate. I believe that all my timing for up to a 200 shot and maybe more can left as is with the meth. The octane boost I am going to see from the water meth will very simply burn so much better that timing retard is a thing of my past. I plan on checking everything either on a dyno or data logging on the track. While I "should" be able to run with no timing retard, I want to make sure that as I bring the timing back in, I dont have any issues with knock. When you spray this hard, one knock event is all it takes.

To revisit the transmission tune. There is a level where the hard parts of the tranny cant take what you are asking them to do. The tune will get you there if done right, but you can never exceed that without the tranny letting you know what it thinks of you. That being said, the snap of a clutch on a manual transmission is usually absorbed by the torque converter and input shafts so automatics typically can handle more power than their manual counterparts. When dealing with nitrous, you induce that snap at a much more pronounced interval. If you take N2O stangs with 5 spds for example. They tend to have to swap clutches right away because the factory clutch can hold the power, but not the slamming jarring snap that come from instant power like nitrous. This effect is why I plan on running the 100 shot at first with the new toys I am going to have installed and waiting for track time. I want to be able to adjust small things here and there with a calculated response. This is going to be the time where I try to figure out how much and by which means I want to make my shot progressive.

I am pretty much relying on my progressive controller like a condom.

I want to also point out to everyone reading this thread..... DO NOT TRY AND RUN THIS BIG A SHOT ON A STOCK LS.

Yes my motor is stock, but I have done a few very much so needed supporting mods to account for the way a nitrous system functions, and the way the motor reacts to it.

boooooooooooooo

I got what I thought was my throttle body yesterday, turned out to be the throttle body adapter. GAY!!!!

So lets gather information off this part since I pretty much got it for a song anyway. Its the 4.6 2v tb adapter. From the size shape and dimensions, plate nitrous may be out of the question. I have to revisit some old photos of my adapter when I ported it as well as some pictures of the intake manifold where the adapter connects. I may be able to find another one that will work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back