LS Family

Lincoln_on20z

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well it was fun with everyone on this forum, but my LS days are almost over around 12 today my engine shot out on me... :(:(:(

Looking for a new motor, so far NO LUCK! I hope I can stay in the family

Check out car-part.com its a part finding site. You will be able to find a motor in your area no problem. You will be able to pick price miles and how far the junkyard is from your house. I use them all the time.

02 V6, and as of right now my step father is pissed! I dont think he wants the car around anymore :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( But we'll see what he has to say when we all sit down to talk about it

Said cylinder 1misfire and cylinder 5misfire, and something about a rod he didnt say much to me... All i know is it takes me about 2 miles to even get the car up to 50mph

I was going to lunch and it started struggling real bad, stopped the car nothing was wrong put it back in drive and it started going crazy like :q:q:q:q was flying around under my hood

I know the feeling.. Mine's in the garage for the winter.. Well, uhh, I kinda know the feeling; because mine still runs.. ;) :p sorry..

An engine swap isn't hard as long as you know someone that's done one before. Should be able to do it in a weekend, usually if you have a good friend you can pay them with beer. If you're LS is a piece it may be better to find another one and then you can part yours and take the good stuff that's off of it to help make your money back.

can you check this ticking time bomb of a timing chain at all?

The V6's don't have timing chain problems. Just like how I got my LS V6 it broke connecting rods. You most likely will see a punched out block, look 3 inches up from oil pan rail because the bottom 3 inches of engine is main cap girdle. This engine uses the kinda crappy "powdered metal rods" Only thing is the Gen1 v6's are kinda pricey. But you don't have to worry about the timing chains like v8. If v6 runs its good to go.

Not as much as the V8, but they still can have problems.. Kinda like hit and miss

Just wondering have you ever seen or heard of any V6 timing chain failures? I looked for a v6 LS for 2 years and could never find one with dead motor. I buy all my cars with dead motors good bodies. Like mentioned mine broke connecting rods. I see timing chain dead V8 LS's every day on Craiglist and ebay.

Just wondering have you ever seen or heard of any V6 timing chain failures? I looked for a v6 LS for 2 years and could never find one with dead motor. I buy all my cars with dead motors good bodies. Like mentioned mine broke connecting rods. I see timing chain dead V8 LS's every day on Craiglist and ebay.

Sounds like a good excuse to start a drive train swap to me. ;)

Members online

Back