LS eyelids: Yay or Nay?

CarbonTC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
as the topic says, who likes and who dont? why? do the eyelids reduce light visibility at night? painted or carbon fiber ones? show off yours. Thanks.

The eyelids are very bumpy and require a lot of block sanding and preparation to make them look good.

I had them at one time and thought they covered too much of the lens.

When I painted my bezels and put the angel eyes in I also painted the part of the headlight on a 2nd gen that's black.

I suppose you could call it a half lid and I like it.

vbpgimage.jpg

l_df06393f50234398880bcc39f14e3870.png

Vinyl :D

This is the best pic I have and I want to paint the gap, but other than that I am happy. I like having that ability to go back to stock if I wish.

yeah i wanted to put the fiber once on my silver ls..but idk how it would look..but i do like the idea of the eyelids looks pretty cool to me..u planning on putting some on yours ?

I'm a fan of them. Painted to match. Here's a couple pictures of mine:

after rb5.jpg

after rb6.jpg

I agree - better on dark cars....
But I like Pete's too!

076.JPG

dave, that picture is the sex. Did you paint the chrome window surround?

Thanks!
No, I haven't painted the chrome surrounds yet... it's on my always changing list of "to-do" mods! The first thing on the list is now my new Avic :D

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet they look pretty!
Mine is silver, so i guess i'll go with the same color as the car.

I don't want my car to have Catapillar Eyebrows (Eyelids, whatever) like that dad from American Pie........

I always thought that about black eyebrows on a light colored car. This is what they looked like on mine before I painted them:

HID1.jpg

well, that was before a few other things too, it looks like. No McLaren Grille, no black lower grille either... I like my car so much better now!

This idiots been full of constructive criticism and nothing but bad ideas to compete. Like Tesla coils for CCFL Halo's:lol:

This idiots been full of constructive criticism and nothing but bad ideas to compete. Like Tesla coils for CCFL Halo's:lol:

I state my opinion...why should I settle for what EVERYONE wants? Plus I said the idea is cool and original, like that of the hover/flying automobile. Or how comical it would be to have a Military Digital Camo paintjob.

I'm all about fun and games...so don't take my critisism like it's a threat

I state my opinion...why should I settle for what EVERYONE wants? Plus I said the idea is cool and original, like that of the hover/flying automobile. Or how comical it would be to have a Military Digital Camo paintjob.

i think we might be giving you a harder time than needed but it has to do with some of your statements. you type exactly as you think which becomes difficult to understand when you just say random things. i know your a noob and i'd hate to push you away from this site over stupid little remarks here and there. no hard feelings, this is a great site to learn about your LS

Nice use of 2 "you"s :p

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Pektel????

i think we might be giving you a harder time than needed but it has to do with some of your statements. you type exactly as you think which becomes difficult to understand when you just say random things. i know your a noob and i'd hate to push you away from this site over stupid little remarks here and there. no hard feelings, this is a great site to learn about your LS

He's from Seattle.... the suicide capitol of the freaking world! And I know why... place sucks! Don't anyone mention lowering to him, the streets will destroy his car. Someone talk to him about getting a good schedule of wash/wax since it does rain a fair amount off California's crap down on top of them. As for me, I'm gonna recommend not driving in the right lane anywhere in town. I hate that parked on the side of the street right in the damn lane of traffic bull s#!+ I'll also recommend going to the peroguies (sp?) place (peroskies i think) down by the market and sending me some of that stuff! Only thing I found in Seattle i have yet to find its equivalent anywhere else!

ok as for you... here is my quote for you.

I think you need to settle down man! you came to the right place to find good info about your car. But this site has been around for a long time!!!! Many of the things you are asking about or will ask about have more than likely already been asked. I know the search function isn't the best, but hunt around a bit and I'm sure you can find what your looking for.

oh and all four branches have different digital camos I like navy's and the marine's the best.

Pektel????

He's from Seattle.... the suicide capitol of the freaking world! And I know why... place sucks! Don't anyone mention lowering to him, the streets will destroy his car. Someone talk to him about getting a good schedule of wash/wax since it does rain a fair amount off California's crap down on top of them. As for me, I'm gonna recommend not driving in the right lane anywhere in town. I hate that parked on the side of the street right in the damn lane of traffic bull s#!+ I'll also recommend going to the peroguies (sp?) place (peroskies i think) down by the market and sending me some of that stuff! Only thing I found in Seattle i have yet to find its equivalent anywhere else!

No, think about it;)

Na Na I'm not hurt. Just trying to get some understanding out there. Cause really I'd love to be high up there with you guys on car mods, just the places around here to help me out on stuff I can't do alone are :q:q:q:qed up. Hell a few places were gonna charge me around 6500 bucks for some 19" MOZ rims I wanted...I called MOZ and found out their price is only 1000 bucks a wheel.....what a rip off. Or the fact some places are charging me 1000 bucks to just paint the calipers BLACK.

I work 42hrs a week so doesn't give me much time to do any mods on my own :/

Anyways back to the thread. Eyelid I thought would be cool for my car but I say it's best suitable for DARK colors.....I'm keeping mine silver(Birch or Platinum) so you know my answer....

Members online

No members online now.
Back