LS Engine Swap

Filtrez339

LVC Member
Reaction score
Plans are to install a 6.2l L92 in my 2003 LS just for the hell of it. And believe me, so far it’s been hell just removing the junked jag engine and trans. I see where some have done this before and have a quick question on dbw (drive by wire). The L92 is dbw but would like to convert to cable driven throttle. Has anyone successfully converted a Gen II to throttle cable? If so, how? Car has adjustable pedals currently. Maybe all Gen II cars do. Any help would be appreciated.

9CC946DE-B4CC-40D7-9E74-1407BE1576F5.jpeg

So i did have a really long post typed out. Now I'm just gonna say.... good luck with that.

I suggest you contact one or more of the companies that sell LS1 drop in kits for "resto-rods" and such. Those use a stand alone PCM for the engine... that is typically DBW.

Some of those companies might make a version for throttle cables. but that is going to be the BEGINNING of your troubles.

There IS... a performance section of this forum. At least one person has attempted to do something similar to what you want to do... with mixed results.

Members online

Back