LS Engine Swap

Filtrez339

LVC Member
Reaction score
Plans are to install a 6.2l L92 in my 2003 LS just for the hell of it. And believe me, so far it’s been hell just removing the junked jag engine and trans. I see where some have done this before and have a quick question on dbw (drive by wire). The L92 is dbw but would like to convert to cable driven throttle. Has anyone successfully converted a Gen II to throttle cable? If so, how? Car has adjustable pedals currently. Maybe all Gen II cars do. Any help would be appreciated.

9CC946DE-B4CC-40D7-9E74-1407BE1576F5.jpeg

So i did have a really long post typed out. Now I'm just gonna say.... good luck with that.

I suggest you contact one or more of the companies that sell LS1 drop in kits for "resto-rods" and such. Those use a stand alone PCM for the engine... that is typically DBW.

Some of those companies might make a version for throttle cables. but that is going to be the BEGINNING of your troubles.

There IS... a performance section of this forum. At least one person has attempted to do something similar to what you want to do... with mixed results.

Members online

No members online now.
Back