ls and jag s-type

newnanls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was wondering about these two cars today and the thought came across my mind that they about the same car. from what i understand they are built on the same platform. if this is so could u reprogram the computer in the ls to make it like the s-type. because the s-type is pushin more horses and torque. is this possible?

How bout the rims? Would Jaguar rims fit on the LS? Do they have the same offset?

Other than the dealer, do you have any links on where i'd be able to buy Jaguar rims?

HyeLifeLS said:
Try ebay man, they have some 18 from the latest S-type, they look really nice. I think the XJ wheels should fit on LS too as they fit on S-type, there are some 19s on sale. Check these twol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Jaguar-...ryZ10390QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAGUAR-XJ8-X350...ryZ10390QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Those two won't help him unless San Jose has suddenly moved to the London suburbs. :D At today's exchange rates, that's close to $1600 for the first set of XK wheels, and I wouldn't even want to guess what shipping across the Pond would cost.:eek:

Generally speaking, you'd be better off buying from someone in the US; the US prices are generally lower than the exchanged British prices. I remember seeing some of the prices on British cars, and at the then-current exchange rate, buying that GBP 35K car in Britain would cost nearly $70K, but in the US it actually sells in the neighborhood of $50K.

But eBay is probably still a good place to start. Also try the salavage yards and the used parts dealers.

That's true, the price is higher in UK, but if you want something which is available only there then what are you gonna do? I bought my rims for my BMW from ebay and they came from UK, the shipping was $150 and they arrived in 4 days (check my garage for pictures), and that was the best thing that ever happened to me with that car, as it is almost impossible to find ALPINA BMW rims in US, especially for that model.

SoonerLS said:
Those two won't help him unless San Jose has suddenly moved to the London suburbs. :D At today's exchange rates, that's close to $1600 for the first set of XK wheels, and I wouldn't even want to guess what shipping across the Pond would cost.:eek:

Generally speaking, you'd be better off buying from someone in the US; the US prices are generally lower than the exchanged British prices. I remember seeing some of the prices on British cars, and at the then-current exchange rate, buying that GBP 35K car in Britain would cost nearly $70K, but in the US it actually sells in the neighborhood of $50K.

But eBay is probably still a good place to start. Also try the salavage yards and the used parts dealers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back