Lost my PS the other night

mdnitedrftr

LVC Member
Reaction score
The other night as I was leaving the gas station, I was backing up and noticed how hard it was to turn the wheel. I pulled forward to pull to out of the way, and as I came to a stop, the car stalled. So Im like, "what the hell is goin on?" Popped the hood, the belt was still on, PS resivior was full. I fired the car back up and took it home. Lemme tell you, driving these cars with no PS is a chore and a 1/2. I finally made it home, dropped the car off and went back to enjoying my night. Its times like these where Im glad I have 3 cars to my name.

So what do you guys think? Do I need a new PS pump? Or maybe is it the rack?

Oh and as I was leaving dinner before I went to the gas station, I heard a whiney PS pump, but just assumed it was my friends because his car has a loud pump, but now that I think of it, the noise was probably coming from my car...

mdnitedrftr said:
The other night as I was leaving the gas station, I was backing up and noticed how hard it was to turn the wheel. I pulled forward to pull to out of the way, and as I came to a stop, the car stalled. So Im like, "what the hell is goin on?" Popped the hood, the belt was still on, PS resivior was full. I fired the car back up and took it home. Lemme tell you, driving these cars with no PS is a chore and a 1/2. I finally made it home, dropped the car off and went back to enjoying my night. Its times like these where Im glad I have 3 cars to my name.

So what do you guys think? Do I need a new PS pump? Or maybe is it the rack?

Oh and as I was leaving dinner before I went to the gas station, I heard a whiney PS pump, but just assumed it was my friends because his car has a loud pump, but now that I think of it, the noise was probably coming from my car...

I would'nt think it's a rack, but with the resevuior still full, and the belt still on/spinning freely, I don't see what else it could be. I had to replace the rack in my 94' but that was because of bad seals.

Mike

It should be just the pump. One of my VII's had a full resevoir and the pulley was turning, and it just crapped out on me like you said happened to you. I put another pump in and I was good to go!

Members online

No members online now.
Back