looks what in my driveway yee hawww

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
god i'm so happy its over lol. this has got to be one of the toughest motors i have ever worked on. i thought getting in and around the mark VIII engine bay was tight, this car beats it by miles, what a joke. i have never had to walk away from a car more times that this one. if i didnt, it would have been burnt. but, she's back, fixed, running like a champ, new oil cooler and the whole works. coolant has circled the motor a million times already and it seems my garden hose and shop vac worked, i dont see any milky sludge in the new coolant. i'm still gonna flush it in about 500 miles to play it safe. this thing actually drives really nice. and with the slightly negative camber in the front and rear the stance looks nice, handles awesome too. gotta love them IRS's. so now i just have to replace the windshield and a few front suspension parts. but it drives gret i'm happy.
car - $400
GM master oil cooler kit- $307
coolant, clamps and new hoses $112
97 cadillac with 76k one owner for $819 bucks how the hell can you beat that!
cadillaccatera059.jpg

cadillaccatera061.jpg

cadillaccatera057.jpg

actually all 4 tires are decent for tread, but the right rear has a bubble in the sidewall so i'm gonna change all 4 and put some nice handling tires on it. the guy next door to me at my shop sells tires, and he bought another 24 ex-uhaul that he wants repainted to ditch the orange paint, so we'll work out a trade!!!

Glad to see you got it fixed up. FYI: I saw a green 98 for sale at the junkyard(they have a car-lot out front where they sell some cars that aren't quite ready to be junked)with more than 100K for $2900. Yours is in way better shape paint and trim-wise than that one too.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.
Back