Looks like I might have something in my Continental

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Dude, you gotta let me floor it first. I only applied the gas pedal half way, not past 4000K which is still a safe acceleration.,. I just got this car, and so it's in process to earn my trust which it has now. I'm gonna make it scream soon. So keep posted in the coming days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can see that in the 96 Town Car, I ran it harder than I did in the 98 and 2001 Conti. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPipfaACdy4
It's RWD, and I trust them a bit more.

I sold my 98 so I can't show anything new there.

In that run I wanna try out max speed.

What all have you done to your conti? I would like to get a Superchip and a Better Flowing exhaust, but not really loud, I like it being quiet, only loud when I punch it.

I didn't think it went that fast when I looked at the video afterwards.
It actually was, It really sprinted from 60 and over well.
This was my first run at 120. I had no idea how smooth and quiet it gets there. After I hit stop on the camera, I cruised at that for 10 seconds. 120 is the max because I felt some toach down on the floor at the end and it didn't feel like it was going any faster.

Even thought the 98 has 15 HP less, I think that it would compare very close at speeds if I ripped that car too.

I had a 97 too and I really notice the difference in 98. and now with 2001...

mark0101 said:
I just watched these videos and these conti's switch at 4,000 RPM or so while mine switch 1-2 gear at 5900 RPM. The 2001 are suppose to be faster but from these vidoes, mines faster then 2001 and the 1998 :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKVpzO6R8yw (1998)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvekcMAuvNk (2001)

This is mine, I had two people with me included(325 pounds together:eek: ) no reduction. plus my car has all the option(more weight:rolleyes: )
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3k-Vt7_3OzQ

Do you have any performance exhaust on your car? It sounds pretty mean from the vid.

no its stock,but I don't know if the previous owner did something.

guys thanks for posting.BTW You got a great launch, how did you do it? Looks like you reved it at the start:confused: (JEZ)
pokeeto2: Your car is freakingly fast 0-60 6.6 0-100 15 flat:eek:
I was thinking about a deville or a seville for the next time bu now its going to be a 1999+ conti:)

I use 2 feet when accelerating. Left one is on brakes and right is on the accelerator. First I hold the brakes and gently press the accelerator until I reach 2000 RPM. At that moment release the brake pedal and press the accelerator with "feel". You can not burn the tyres or press the pedal to slowly. very best way to learn this is with traction control on. When it says "traction control activated" you press to hard. But you'v got to walk the line.. Hope I made myself clear..

I just noticed JEZ, you did a 0-60 6.4 (Awsome) but the 0-80 is 11.2
Pokeeto2 0-60 6.6 but the 0-80 is 9.7!!!!!!!WOW
Me 0-60 7.2 but the 0-80 12.2
I need to do it alone next time, maybe I can get better times.
BTW whats you temp where you guys live? around here its mid 70 to 80s. That might make a diference how these cars preform.
Also all these times are by a stop watch, so they are not accurate.

Temperature was about 55'F but I accelerated uphil. I can take a picture of that road, so You can compare.
it is hard to find empty roads with good surface here in Estonia.

Yeah Ive noticed that our cars LOVE the cold air. It has really been opening up lately since colder weather has come around. I live in Missouri and right now its in the upper 50s.

jez said:
I can take a picture of that road, so You can compare..

Here.

I think I reached 80 MPH between these 2 people walkin' uphill

acceleration1.jpg

What I do, I start a little slow than I floor it.
I want to avoid any wheel spin, since it's not the best thing to do to a FWD Car.
Especially when You have a 275HP monster mated to the tranny of a Tuarus, ( The Infamous ( AX4N )

I'm in Connectcut. My issue is not to just find a straight strech with low traffic.
I'm more concered about the State Troopers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back