Looking for advice on possible sale.

I pride myself on driving unique vehicles. I just came home from dinner in my 76 MarkIV. if you don't use that bottle and have the car jyst to enjoy it, I think you should keep it and replace your Mustang. Your car is exceptional and I think you will regret selling it. You will see a bunch of Mustangs if you go for a ride but I bet you won't pass another Mark.
I have a Coyote GT and don't miss the Mark one bit when I drive it.

We all know marks arent worth much regardless of condition, originality or lack of..my suggestion would be keep it and hold off..save up the extra few grand if thats whats gonna.make or break the purchase of your coyote mustang..if you have the space to store it at least..turn insurance off if you arent driving it for a period of time.

I had an 11 GT that I got back in 2010 and although the car was a great car, I definitely do not miss that payment! With that said, I would have given you $5k easily and probably a little more for your car had it been for sale when I spent $3k on mine a few weeks ago.

I had an 11 GT that I got back in 2010 and although the car was a great car, I definitely do not miss that payment! With that said, I would have given you $5k easily and probably a little more for your car had it been for sale when I spent $3k on mine a few weeks ago.

I've got my eye on a modified '11 (owned by a good friend of mine), and although I have the space and financial means to keep all 3 (including the new edge turbo saleen), I just can't justify having 2 recreational vehicles, let alone 3. The saleen I'm attached to (I know, stupid), so that would be the last one to go. I drove the coyote yesterday for the first time, and let me tell you I have the bug bad now!!!

-----
aha, those are all important factors, esp the newish bags, the hub swap is a big plus, as is the exh; if you don't know what a 'DBA' (blend door actuator) is, then yours still works ...or you live in Fla and never turn the heater on? :shifty:
----
sounds like a solid specimen! You could likely meet a buyer willing to pay over $5k

Thanks for the input. I actually tried the heat for the first time today and she's good to go (not that I'll ever need it in south florida).

We all know marks arent worth much regardless of condition, originality or lack of..my suggestion would be keep it and hold off..save up the extra few grand if thats whats gonna.make or break the purchase of your coyote mustang..if you have the space to store it at least..turn insurance off if you arent driving it for a period of time.

I wish I could justify it somehow to let her sit in the corner, but I just can't let myself do it. And believe me it's painful knowing how much time and money I've recently put in to her. She literally looks brand new with the fresh paint and new rear window (that's one expensive piece of glass!!).

I'm gonna clean her up real good, find a good spot for some pics and list her on ebay and autotrader this weekend. I've got an idea where I'm gonna start, but I got a feeling it's not going to appeal to the masses. We'll see.

Again, thanks to everyone for the input!!!!

Lets see how it goes................

Put some tags in your title and write a good story for your listing etc. If it were me I would take out the nitrous bottle and sell it separately. Like others have said it can turn off potential buyers

Put some tags in your title and write a good story for your listing etc. If it were me I would take out the nitrous bottle and sell it separately. Like others have said it can turn off potential buyers

Agreed. I won't get anything for it if I leave it installed.

I'm sure I could get a couple hundred bucks for it.....:Beer

I've got my eye on a modified '11 (owned by a good friend of mine), and although I have the space and financial means to keep all 3 (including the new edge turbo saleen), I just can't justify having 2 recreational vehicles, let alone 3. The saleen I'm attached to (I know, stupid), so that would be the last one to go. I drove the coyote yesterday for the first time, and let me tell you I have the bug bad now!!!

Just remember that the 11's are the ones that had the #8 issue and numerous MT82 problems. 14's are getting stupid cheap with prices of up to 10K under sticker.

Some 12s had the #8 problem too but the design was changed sometime in the 12 model year along with changes to the trans. The trans in my 11 was much better than the trans in my buddies 12 but he is rougher on cars than me too. He now has an auto 14 model and if I were in the market for one, I think I'd be looking at the 13/14 models.

Some 12s had the #8 problem too but the design was changed sometime in the 12 model year along with changes to the trans. The trans in my 11 was much better than the trans in my buddies 12 but he is rougher on cars than me too. He now has an auto 14 model and if I were in the market for one, I think I'd be looking at the 13/14 models.

I'd love to get a 13/14, but I'm looking for an already modded car (not going down that road again). Nothing crazy, 600 at the wheels give or take.

If I wanna go real fast I still have the saleen. At least that's the plan.

I'd love to get a 13/14, but I'm looking for an already modded car (not going down that road again). Nothing crazy, 600 at the wheels give or take.

If I wanna go real fast I still have the saleen. At least that's the plan.

Friend of mine has seen this car, very clean and well done:

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/4478614769.html

This one is not modded but it is a steal:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4486144899.html

Just shows how much these cars have come down in price.

Members online

No members online now.
Back