looking at buying this 95 mark

shawn_sloma

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Talked to the owner today and trying to make arrangements to buy it. Has about 170k miles for $1000. Kind of need a replacement to my current Mark which blew the power steering pressure line (just replaced) and now is leaking bad at the oil filter adapter and oil pan. One bolt on the adapter was so tight I couldn't get it off and stripped the head... securedownload.jpgsecuredownload (1).jpg

securedownload.jpg

securedownload (1).jpg

95 great pic before pt.jpgLooks to be in good shape for the price. Clean it up and it'll look great. With snow on the ground I'd look for rust. Hey it looks just like mine.

95 great pic before pt.jpg

I would buy that one in oswego but I don't have much more than a grand in the budget right now.

I like the color, wish it had a different interior but, I can replace that over time. Been a few black interior marks at the junk yard recently and seen a 96 lsc for a grand but wouldn't be much more than a parts car for the interior, lights and lsc molding.

Looks good for a '93.......Beware, I'm not sure that car is from Cali.

Cali cars come with front bumper license holder. (ex: see Hot*Mk8s)

Looks good for a '93.......Beware, I'm not sure that car is from Cali.

Cali cars come with front bumper license holder. (ex: see HotMark*8s)

Maybe it was Arizona car at first.I had an 88 Mark VII that was from Arizona and it didn't have the holes for the plate holder.

Maybe it was Arizona car at first.I had an 88 Mark VII that was from Arizona and it didn't have the holes for the plate holder.

This car has been posted a few times here in IL. Some of the older posts had Cali plate on the back and the number to call is a Cali number.

All it takes is a quick look under the car to tell if its ever been driven in snow/salt. If that berry red one is solid underneath then go for it..but just by the looks of it the silver 93 appears to be in much better shape..a little higher price but nothing needed to fix to get it up to par. The 95s interior looks pretty worn from that blurry pic.

Both cars look super clean but I bet that silver one has way less mileage. Rare color on the OP but I'd find the extra mula & grab that silver one. If you truly cant & the one you are talking about is really clean then go for it.

I just have to wonder about the one in Oswego. Something just doesn't sit right with the ad. They want you to call the number to buy it and have the phone number done in a way that spammers do. Not to mention that the number isn't even an IL number... I might just call the number to find out what the scoop is on the car. Seems to me like one of those scam ads of wire us the money and we will ship the car to you deals.

All it takes is a quick look under the car to tell if its ever been driven in snow/salt. If that berry red one is solid underneath then go for it..but just by the looks of it the silver 93 appears to be in much better shape..a little higher price but nothing needed to fix to get it up to par. The 95s interior looks pretty worn from that blurry pic.
The interior does look a little worn. I would probably not keep it that color anyway. Doesn't quite fit with the exterior color (worst interior color imo.) I would probably piece together either a grey or black interior, maybe even do a leather dash and custom seat covers since the gf has the equipment to stitch leather.

I just have to wonder about the one in Oswego. Something just doesn't sit right with the ad. They want you to call the number to buy it and have the phone number done in a way that spammers do. Not to mention that the number isn't even an IL number... I might just call the number to find out what the scoop is on the car. Seems to me like one of those scam ads of wire us the money and we will ship the car to you deals.

I posted that silver 93 in the craigslist finds last month when he had a different ad up, shows a few different angles..and the description stated it has 200k miles..which it clearly doesn't show. So if it has that many miles and it runs and drives as well as he makes it sound then you know its been maintained..all you gotta do it drive it to tell how well its been kept up.

Here's the page, scroll to the bottom and you'll see my post about it

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?87783-Mark-VIII-Craigslist-finds!!!/page24

Members online

No members online now.
Back