Lookin at some new wheels (serious thread)

According to Discount tire and tire rack +45 will work. I have a set of wheels I really like but I hesitant to pull the trigger on them because no one seems to be running an 8.5" rim with +42 offset to say it will work.

Don't lower it and you'll be fine. The Voxx wheels I had were 18 X 8 1/2, 40mm offset and were fine until I installed the Springtech springs.

I remember reading the lowest anyone has went was a 38offset. If I am incorrect someone let me know.

I contacted aspecwheels.net and they said they have a bunch of sets right now. They will also be receiving some more in July. You should buy a set and be a guinea pig :)

I'm running 20x8.5 with an 35mm offset. They sit flush with the fender and I mean flush. I've had people in the back and the only time they rubbed was if I hit an big dip in the road doing excessive speeds. I have pics taken of the wheels from the side of the car. If I find them I will post them.

I'm running 19x8.5. The offset is +38 lowered with eibachs and there is no rubbing

I'm running 20x8.5 with an 35mm offset. They sit flush with the fender and I mean flush. I've had people in the back and the only time they rubbed was if I hit an big dip in the road doing excessive speeds. I have pics taken of the wheels from the side of the car. If I find them I will post them.

Are you lowered?

I'm running 19x8.5. The offset is +38 lowered with eibachs and there is no rubbing

What size are your tires?

Hey Bullschmidt, what was your final verdict on these wheels? Have you decided against ordering them? I'm interested in this wheel as well and am very close to ordering since I can't find any Vulcans (grrr!)

Oh and I also ordered the Ansa tips, based on your pics...looked great and awesome price! Thanks!

I decided to order the exhaust with some of the money I had set aside and put wheels on hold for now. I'm afraid the margin for error on these rims and rubbing is very small and I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Feel free to order them and let me know how they work out though :)

Fock it, if you like them and the price is with-in your means, pull the trigger.

Yes I do like them, but I'd really like to see what they look like on the LS and to see if they fit without major issue. But I'm also considering the Coventry Hornet wheel in silver and at this point it's between these two wheels and if the Hornet, wether to go with 18" (running 255/40/18) or 19"
(255/35/19) .....These wheels are a bit more expensive and I don't want to gamble with $2K + wheelsets, since they have a very limited fitment and I can't just turn around and dump them off....

Yes I do like them, but I'd really like to see what they look like on the LS and to see if they fit without major issue. But I'm also considering the Coventry Hornet wheel in silver and at this point it's between these two wheels and if the Hornet, wether to go with 18" (running 255/40/18) or 19"
(255/35/19) .....These wheels are a bit more expensive and I don't want to gamble with $2K + wheelsets, since they have a very limited fitment and I can't just turn around and dump them off....

I was looking at the Coventrys as well. I cant spend the money without knowing they will fit. Very good chance the Coventrys will rub with 255s.

Coventry's are the sh*t. I've had my eye on those since they came out. 19's for sure. just run a 245 to be sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back