Look what happened in Las Vegas!

turborich

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Check it out, it snowed here today! Only a little where I live but a bunch more on the west side of town near the mountains. I thought mespock would like to see the pics!:p

snow12-17-2008043.gif

snow12-17-2008019.gif

snow12-17-2008008.gif

snow12-17-2008044.gif

eh, wait for fossten to claim the republicans did it.

I was in Vegas a number of years ago when it snowed a bit. It was like watching bumper cars on the strip.

They probaby covered the city in salt and the schools closed down for the day lol

the airport is closed in Vegas...total of 3 inches!!!! what would they do if it really snowed???

lol global warming, come on it has snowed in florida 50 years ago, before the global crap was even spoken of lol. anyway it doesnt look too bad, i'm sure it was neat to see if you dont see it often, or ever!!

First houston... then Vegas....

ICE AGE RIGHT AHEAD!!!!

HEY!!!! What happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas. You just broke that rule!!!! :)

Oh, and thats not snow. Thats what we call a "dusting". :)

Rich: That bad your way? We are suppose to get beat up tonight I heard. On track to hit the top 5 records for most snow before 1st of the new year and on track for record snow fall this year.

Oh, and as for global warming. If you knew anything at all about it you would know that suddenly harsh weather patterns are a sign of that warming. Get educated! lol

lol well if you look over the average earth temperture over the past 150 years you will see that there is actually a cycle that happens...periods of lows and highs its natural but i dont feel bad about vegas we have been in the 20s-30s here with some snow so just learn to put a heavy coat on lol

A trend they pointed out here recently is.. for the last 100 years.
Every time a Hurricane hit the houston/galveston area.. there has been snow in december of the same year.

We've been on a roughly 20-21 year direct hurricane hit and snow is just about exactly at the same interval.

There have been years with snow and no hurricane but there hasn't been any years with a hurricane and no snow.

weather is weird stuff

Then, there's dumbasses that are trying to "mess with the weather".
WTF

Speaking of messing with weather. There was a guy in a Chinese province a couple years ago that got killed by an munitions shell when it came through the roof and entered him. Seeing that it was severe weather they thought he was struck by lighting. When they cremated his body the oven exploded. It was a shell that was suppose to detonate in the air to break up hail. It failed and crashed back.

aww how cute! supposed to get a lot tonight, already told my boss if we get what there saying ill see ya monday. theres been lots of guesses from 9"-14" so im sure we will get 3" cuz im counting on being off and they know i could make it to work if that is all we get

lol well if you look over the average earth temperture over the past 150 years you will see that there is actually a cycle that happens...periods of lows and highs its naturall

It cycles over 150 years, but what happens when you go back 2.5 million years?
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/temperature/temperature.html#100Myr
Have a look over some of those charts.

It wasn't snow on the Vegas strip, it was cocaine. Drug dealers about to get busted where throwing their s*&$ off the roof... :)

Its warm today, nice for a change. Negative 2 with a high of 13 possible. Sure beats last few days, I can at least wear shorts again.

that is ridiculous....were sittin in about 3.5 feet and still snowing over here in west michigan...the damn lake puts every snow storm on effin steriods

Members online

Back