Locked keys in trunk/ trunk button locked? Any suggestions... 0SV8

is the car unlocked?... If so a screwdiver will release the rear seat latch (with a little work).

Disconnect the connector at the back of the trunk switch in the cabin. Bend out a paper clip and use it to short the two wires together.

If you have a gen II, then just use the keypad on the outside of the driver's door.

Any suggestions... 0SV8

not really sure what year an 0S is, but it if supposed to be an 05, then enter your code in the drivers door, then press the number "5"...

also, why dont you have a spare set of keys?

mine sure doesn't, you actually have to stick a key in to the switch and turn it to lock it out.

As the trunk needs a key to get it open it is..... well..... locked. I'm not referring to the inside release.

I got my keys out of the trunk

Well spare key is in San Antonio, I'm in Houston right now, as for why I locked the trunk because I had 5k in $ I hadn't deposited, and I don't kno the door code I haven't reset it since I bought the car, but I solved my problem by unplugging the fuel and and trunk release switches and I manipulated the trunk plug to fit my fuel release switch and I pooped the trunk using the fuel switch and got my keys problem solved. Thanks for chiming in fellas.

What ?!?!? please elaborate on this for me.

Keys are locked inside the trunk. You are locked out of the car and can't get to the inside of the LS ?

Manipulated fuel and trunk release switches from inside or outside the car ?

lol

Just don't do this ;)

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82068

Locked keys in trunk

Thats about says it... Feelin a little stupid...

You are away from second key location? Call second key location on cell, they must have a cell phone. Have your cell phone close to trunk, have them hold key FOB close to cell phone, push trunk open button. Works by tone.

You are away from second key location? Call second key location on cell, they must have a cell phone. Have your cell phone close to trunk, have them hold key FOB close to cell phone, push trunk open button. Works by tone.

Complete bull crap. It doesn't work. The remotes are RF. A cell phone won't transfer that. Some people have fooled themselves into thinking it works, but it was only because the remote was close enough to the car to work anyway.

I am disappointed that you fell for this...

Did you know:

You can press your remote against your chin as you push the button and it will extend the range by quite a bit.

Like so ... quick-tip-pointing-your-car-remote-your-head-increases-its-range.w654.jpg

Kid you not ... try it next time you are leaving the mall and are approaching your LS from afar.
Hit the unlock to activate the lights so you can see from afar where you left it or pop the trunk from a distance back.

seriously ... it extends the range/distance. your skull acts as an antenna.

quick-tip-pointing-your-car-remote-your-head-increases-its-range.w654.jpg

I do it all the time ... so far the RF transmitter has only affected by brain just a little ... fwerfcvk kjg rg cvdfdgdfljkds ff 00100 100111 00111

ok, maybe a lot. lol

----EDIT: I enjoy doing it from afar when people are walking past my trunk.
as they are just at the back of my LS, I hit the "open trunk", it flies open and I'm far away and they look around.

Can also be used to hold down the unlock for long period of time and by time you get to your LS all the windows and sunroof are wide open allowing for all the hot stale air to escape before you get in it.

----EDIT: I enjoy doing it from afar when people are walking past my trunk.
as they are just at the back of my LS, I hit the "open trunk", it flies open and I'm far away and they look around.

We were inside Wall Drug in South Dakota on vacation one year having an ice cream and couldn't have been more than 20' from the car. I got this grand idea to have a little fun and as people walked by the car on the sidewalk I would hit the "lock" button twice as to activate the chirp confirmation. My son thought it was much fun and took over. We did this for the better part of an hour! Seeing the startled actions and looks of those peeps still gives us a chuckle!

Ok I update from my I phone, some people get caught up on spelling errors so ill try and be correct, I was never locked out of the CABIN my trunk switch was locked, and my only set was in the trunk. I was outta town when this happened. I pulled the switches, extended the contacts on the fuel door switch and plugged the trunk harness into the FUEL RELEASE SWITCH, bc it doesn't lock, then I just pressed the button and opened the trunk and got my keys. After that I put everything back just as it was, no prying, I have never set my keypad on this car, I'm aware that if you know the code that u can also POP the trunk from the pad. Thanks.

OS , 05, I know that's a stretch but..... I saw that when I previewed my post I just figured most people could handle connecting the dots. Apparently I was wrong.

Members online

No members online now.
Back