Llsoc

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone with a membership care to post up a thread there on how to get tie rod end out of steering rack, maybe more people over there will have some ideas....

I would do it myself, but i dont have loot for a membership until friday.

I would really appreciate it...

Thanks

Dave

anyone with a membership care to post up a thread there on how to get tie rod end out of steering rack, maybe more people over there will have some ideas....

I would do it myself, but i dont have loot for a membership until friday.

I would really appreciate it...

Thanks

Dave

Many of their members, are members here. Personally, im offended you would post this here. Its unethical for starters, and its also demeaning to LVC. Ask your questions here or dont ask your questions here. But dont try to use LVC as a channel like that. Its not fair to us nor to LLSOC.

Many of their members, are members here. Personally, im offended you would post this here. Its unethical for starters, and its also demeaning to LVC. Ask your questions here or dont ask your questions here. But dont try to use LVC as a channel like that. Its not fair to us nor to LLSOC.

I completely disagree. I have stayed on LVC and learned alot from here, but the individuals here obviously could not lend any insight on the issue, I was in a jam, and incorrectly thought I could get some help here.

I do not think I did anything wrong, therefore will not apoligize

/my invovlement in this thread

There is many ways you could have gotten info on it. I think the biggest issue is you failed to use the search. I have seen this issue many times useing search and I wasnt looking for it, pluss there is posts of fordcd.com if I am correct on that. They have alot of stuff from what I hear, and the HNIC of this forum "JOEY" has every right to be offended, so do others.

If you didnt do anything wrong than I think apoligizing shouldnt be so tuff.

Let me show you...Guy's I felt I had done nothing to offend you altho I obviously have, I am sorry.

Now copy and paste that with your next post and it will all be over.

He already said he had the service manual cd and couldn't find anything in it about replacing the tie rod! :rolleyes:

My 2 cents, not that anyone cares... :D I don't see anything wrong with saying "hey i'm stuck with xxx can you ask the guys on yyy about it?" But you shouldn't make a whole new thread about it.

He already said he had the service manual cd and couldn't find anything in it about replacing the tie rod! :rolleyes:

My 2 cents, not that anyone cares... :D I don't see anything wrong with saying "hey i'm stuck with xxx can you ask the guys on yyy about it?" But you shouldn't make a whole new thread about it.

Ok Im looking into that, how can you not find something as simple as a tie rod on the disc?

When I had all that replaced it took the dealership not even a full day to get my car back to me.

gotfrag.com actually, I don't play much games anymore, but yes it started mainly as a counter-strike news site + forum. I work for the hardware section, mainly posting news articles + product reviews(side job). When I'm at my real job I sit around moderating the forum trolls.

Maybe I'm an exception, but as an LLSOC member, I didn't find the request itself particularly unethical or objectionable (fulfilling it, on the other hand, would be, IMHO). I know on some of the professional e-mail lists to which I subscribe I see messages asking for similar things ("hey, if any of you are members on E-mail List XYZ, could you ask about ABC"); it's not necessarily bad to ask, even if it would be bad to carry out the request.

This thread should serve as a notice to others that asking that question is Not Cool (tm), but personally, I don't think he has any reason to apologize.

You're not alone Sooner. As a fellow LLSOC'er I thought of it as "no harm, no foul". But then, I guess this situation has never come up before on LvC and I can also understand Joey's objection to soliciting LLSOC members directly.

We are all for the sharing of information and it's each individual member's choice to interpret that as their conscious sees fit. In McBride's original tie rod post, I would have been happy to help him out, if I knew the answer to his questions. But alas I do not have any knowledge of that problem.

So I would like to think that any/all of us would help if we could, without the need to ask a specific group for information. For we all have one thing in common here... we all own a Lincoln LS and we should be proud of that, cuz there aren't that many of us around.

If this makes any sense....

I like to keep LVC thought of as considerate and respectful of other websites. SO if I seem to come down a little harsh, thats why. I dont want anything to happen that would make LLSOC think of LVC in a negative light.

LLSOC charges a membership fee, and I respect that is their choice. I view the request a little similar to asking your friend to take a camcorder into the movie theater with them so you could see the movie later.

Plus, im getting a little grumpy in my old age... :)

i see no harm. dave said he would be becoming a member of llsoc, but he had to wait for his paycheck, and his car was disabled NOW. he bought the parts from me, and asked me to ask a tech for info. i didnt charge him our labor rate for an answer. unfortunately, we havent replaced one here, so i couldnt provide him with any useful info.

Sharing first-hand informatino - is what we all do - and help the 'larger' community - which as Tony says - isn't very big.

Simply researching another web-site, then reposting the info, isn't fair to the site that has to pay for it in the first place.

:thread: The MAN in charge here made it clear that it was offensive to him cause it is his site...I had to pay for my LLSOC account when I had one and I know nobody there wanted to give info from this site why should the other way arround make any deifference.

The guys makeing progress now anyway, why are people complaining because it offended some of us?

Besides, the guy has another thread going about this issue.

actually, he completed the job, so you are all whinig about nothing now. i think this should be closed or deleted now.

actually, he completed the job, so you are all whinig about nothing now. i think this should be closed or deleted now.

We try not to close or delete threads. We're not lock Nazis.
If the issue is over and done with, fine, don't post.

I hate going on boards and seeing the lock symbol on thread after thread. It tells me the site is full of fighting children and with 4 boys at home, I have enough of that already.:p

Due to the amount of LLSOC members on here, I think they'd be able to help you if they could. I doubt anyones hiding helpful information because you didn't pay a membership fee. It's no problem though, you didn't know.

Members online

No members online now.
Back