little problem with the LS

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to post my problem I'm having with the LS maybe someone can help me out. I've been having problems with the thermostat, car takes a lot longer to reach normal temp, now the high speed fan is on a lot more than normal. Usually never go on unless it's really hot out and I have the a/c on. Checked the fluid and it's kinda low but it's not empty. Thanks

Replace the plastic cooling system parts, just like almost everyone else has had to do.

How many new threads a week do we have where the answer is always the same haha. Why do people who can't do their own research keep buying lincoln ls's.

I just don't know if it's the Degas bottle or the thermostat. What do u guys think I should change first?

How many new threads a week do we have where the answer is always the same haha. Why do people who can't do their own research keep buying lincoln ls's.

Because they are cheap as f*ck now. Anyone can buy one.

I just don't know if it's the Degas bottle or the thermostat. What do u guys think I should change first?

joe had your answer. In a concise, straightforward manner. I'm not sure where additional explanation is needed.

I didn't do any research on the LS before I bought mine. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Wprst case scenario if it blew up it'd be a lawn ornament.

ok fixed the reason my car takes a long time to heat up... it was the thermostat broke in the housing.. the car gets up to operating temp no problem, dose not overheat at all, but now the high speed fan comes on a lot more when at normal temp.. any thoughts?

ok fixed the reason my car takes a long time to heat up... it was the thermostat broke in the housing.. the car gets up to operating temp no problem, dose not overheat at all, but now the high speed fan comes on a lot more when at normal temp.. any thoughts?

Yes, the same thoughts as before. Replace the other plastic parts of the cooling system and you will be good. They all fail at close to the same time.

BTW, the thermostat didn't break in the housing. The thermostat housing broke where the little ears/tabs/whatever hold the thermostat together. The plastic is "rotting" for the want of a better word. The tiny cracks in it allow air to be pulled in. The air reduces coolant circulation.
Also, if the fan is on high, your car is overheating. Overheating starts just before the temperature gauge needle moves past the halfway mark. A scan tool will show you the real temperature.

You have to replace the rest of the plastic. Why does everyone fight this so much?

Jesus, does nobody listen or does everybody just think that they are the one exception to the rule?

as mentioned, your thermostat didn't break, the thermostat the LS uses is not like other car where it is one piece, it is actually multiple pieces that the housing holds together... the thermostat housing has reached the end of its lifespan. the best news is that all of the other plastic cooling parts have the same lifespan, so there will also start failing.

long story short, you can either replace all of the coolant parts at once and be done with it, or you can replace one, then drive it until the next week or two when its time to replace the next piece, and so on, and so on, and so on...

Members online

Back