Lincoln vs. Cadillac

well both the mark 9( MK9 ) and the mark X are only concepts, for how long is lincoln going to keep the mark9 a concept ive seen that car like almost 3 years now, and they still dont know what to do, i just hope the mark X doesnt take long to come out, but im still hoping for lincoln to redesign the mark X though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sifrino3 said:
No no no, you got to think positive!
Yea, I try. I remember hearing a little while back that they have totally scrapped one of the two Mark concepts, though. I think it was the IX. And the concept lacks enough power, or the heritage of the hump.

Come on, guys. Things aren't all that bad.

You do get the Mark LT (kudos to Lincoln for whoring out the Mark name). Squint real hard and you can almost pretend it isn't a rebadged Ford pickup... :p

That's almost the same, right?

Right?

Lincoln takes a step back.

Well, the rumors are apparently true. It is official that Lincoln will quit competing with Cadillac and concentrate on Buick instead.

The head of FoMoCo North America was on Speed channel and ranked the nameplates into two tiers as follows:

Tier 1 = Jaguar = Cadillac = Lexus = BMW = MB = Infiniti = Audi

Tier 2 = Lincoln = Acura = Buick = Chrysler

LOL acura is stuck with buick. Well the have some work to do , the 300C seems to be taking off. So much for my favorite was high end luxury car.

Gothicaleigh said:
Well, the rumors are apparently true. It is official that Lincoln will quit competing with Cadillac and concentrate on Buick instead.

The head of FoMoCo North America was on Speed channel and ranked the nameplates into two tiers as follows:

Tier 1 = Jaguar = Cadillac = Lexus = BMW = MB = Infiniti = Audi

Tier 2 = Lincoln = Acura = Buick = Chrysler

Yeah, it hasn't been all that confidential that Ford has wanted Jaguar to be it's elite car company. Lincoln will suffer to hands of poor management. I met with the Lincoln LS team engineers last year at LLSOC's Mania event in Novi, MI. They are a bunch of dedicated guys that are feeling the crunch of old Bill Ford. I'm suspecting that Lincoln will be like Oldsmobile and be scratched from the line up in the not so distant future. The LS will end it's misery in 2007 with no replacement in site. That's a shame for sure. What a great car it could have been!

If Cadillac can take it forward then steam ahead! They won't have to worry about Lincoln nipping at their heels. What a shame and such a good showing at this year's OLOA event.

Members online

Back