Lincoln Town Car getting dissed!

It is a little funny though. Obviously not a fan of the Ultimate American Luxury Car!

I have to disagree, although I love Town cars, he has a point read the whole article. Although he may be a foreign car lover, he definately points out that he has much respect for the Town Car, and that the Ford should be put to shame for dropping a Vehicle with the most loyal following he has probably ever seen. He is right the Town Car is out of touch, but for good reason. That reason is because it's extreme loyal customers love the real traditional V8 Luxury car.

That guy doesnt like the Sopranos? Screw him! I left a review on that car review place.......

As I read the reviews from people from foreign contries, I got a little teary eyed as they sayed people in other places take these cars as a better time, like Route 66.....The 50's seemed like a good time in America, and I will never own a honda, no matter how bad Ford treats Lincoln!

Well they are not making many changes to the car, but it is suppose to stand out. remember the tv spot in the 80"s " mine is the lincoln town car" and how the car stood out from all the rest and all the other cars where rounded and looked the same.

"what a luxury car should be", what is it today?

@ssholes like that motherf_cker is why we have so many fwd rice burners around here. Granted I will admit The domestic 'Large-Cars' have to catch up with the import luxury makers. Common things like fog lights, 5-6spd autos, the ability to handle a corner without rollover BUT still ride like a TC not a 300ZX coupe! I would like to see a TC with front buckets like the '92 Crown Vic GT not all just a special one, this car had a complete center console and everything. Let's see how the consumer take to a TC with front buckets, I'm sure they would be nicer than a bench? Other than physical changes due to time progression Ford 'Large-Cars' leave a lot to be deisred when you compare the insides of them to their imported compeditors. The grass-roots of interior design is basically as it was in the 60's. GM has no more big luxury cars or big cars really period? The Fleetwood is dead, the Roadmaster was brought back and short live, the Parissene got out while it still was good, the 98 took a serious downsize before it said I quit and the Caprice is now gone. I do not want to see the Town Car follow the same path with it's brethren Crown, & Marquis. With the Big GM's down this can offer a boost for Ford if they take heed and pump it up QUICKLY and monopolize on this market to bring back the 'Large-Cars' we love so much. Police, diplomats, congrssionals and other officials all need large cars I live in DC so it's either GM SUV's they drive, or Ford 'Large-Cars', or now even seeing forien cars being driven by our nations figure heads????? I respect Ford for trying to keep the body-on-frame 'Large Car' design and keeping it almost if not 100% American content but they really need to upgrade the engines & bhp, trannies, add some fog lights & HID's, bring the interior up to 2007 specs, consider front buckets (on some models), and nothing is wrong with the fake wood but also add some bold chrome accents to it! See the Jap & the Germs are having no problem making their money, why are we losing out on a market we created, the automobile!

Just on another note, Lexus, Infiniti & some Nissan came in the USA with projector head headlamps. I think Lincoln just got them in what 2000? Still I do not think Crown or Marquis have them and the TC that does actually is a projector and a halogen??? Ask yourself how many CARS in 2006 with automatic transmissions still shift from park on the steering column, time to step it up Ford? Chysler has nothing to offer the large car market. The Impereal was done years back and I have seen the concept model though the price tag is way out of the average retired middle aged senior. The New Yorker is toast. Mopar is more on a performance kick so now it seems and not into making large cars but fast trucks and speed-wagons??? Imagagine a mommie-van blowing my doors off, hahahahah =) Cadillac has complete LED tails & turn signals in rear, how about that Ford, hear me LED's??? I had to make LED's for my early 90's TC's reaaly really really like Ford, hence the name '429' so you know I go back with the oval. But we gotta shift gears and get the American large car back to big boy on the block. Phuking Aniversary Town Car? They made a new T-Bird all retroed up like a '56 make the Aniversary like a '71 with skirts, horns and tails, hide-a-way lights and a updated version of a Ford big block with EFI. I'll buy it. =D

I like the Chysler 300, but whats the length on that? They should make an extended model of about 3 more feet.

Not sure the long-ness on the 300, I like your Car Domain page write up though. I just want to fix up my TC's like the old days. 91 & 92 both with skirts in the back, from there I can rest. I would like a top, but skirts can lay me down like my old Early seventies babies. :drunk: :give

429 said:
Not sure the long-ness on the 300, I like your Car Domain page write up though. I just want to fix up my TC's like the old days. 91 & 92 both with skirts in the back, from there I can rest. I would like a top, but skirts can lay me down like my old Early seventies babies. :drunk: :give

You want rear fender skirts that cover the wheels?

The long downward spiral...

Face it, folks are being told to: #1: Accept the global economy. #2: Remain loyal to American brands--especially when purchasing what is the single most costly investment (2nd to a home). Huh?! Can't have it both ways! So folks (like me) ride that "loyal" and patriotic train until we're screwed one too many times. I have had about 8 different vehicles in the last 20 years (all American). Of those, only two were extremely reliable and well worth the money; one was an '86 Monte Carlo (my first spankin' new car), which I kept for 11 years, 164k miles; traded it for a '95 Mustang--the second car that I considered worth its weight in gold. Aside from regular maintenance, I never had an issue other than the AC going out on the Monte when the odom rolled over 100k. Long story short: I had a 2000 Intrepid (absolute trash--extremely unreliable) and several others with too many STUPID problems to mention. By stupid I mean the cheap @ss parts they use that resemble dollar-toys you buy for the kiddies. And then there's the style question: We should look at our car-making history here. Henry Ford wouldn't change or upgrade his precious Model T, so here comes Chevy and GM with COLORS and options and dam nice style. Fast forward to now: Hey, I've decided my next car will be a two-year old Nissan Altima. Talk about style and reliability. Check out what folks are saying about the so-called foreigns. My wallet and future are a hellofalot more important factors than Gigantic American Corporation ego. To HELL with them. In a word, I've had enough of the junk and the doubletalk.

F-ck global economy, I believe we should put a terriff on all foreign imports like they do with our products. the lincolns don't have projector headlights or LED taillights SO F_CKING WHAT Does a car need a 5 or 6 speed auto or a floor shift NO
I would rather drive my FULL FRAME lincoln than any econo box POS. look at some of the small crap that is comming from over seas. If my 4000+ lbs town car hits a Honduh, toyocrap or any other JAP POS at any reasonable speed it would turn it back into a pop can. probily kill everyone in it. yet I could drive away.
I have owned everything from a every option ( yes every option available) 69 Chysler Imperial LeBaron to early 70s muscle to mini vans and mini trucks to sport compacts and SUVs(all american but 2 VW bugs) The best cars I have owned have been my 89 TC and my 89 Crown vic.

Tim

Members online

Back