Lincoln Supercharger

Justin,

Our very own LvC member, Quik LS, is working with Thomas Knight on an SC for the LS. He has went through several prototype manifolds test fitting it for the LS. My money is on Thomas Knight and Lou Senko to have one first this year. I'm sure Lou will chime in and provide more details about the project.

Sounds great. Was just wondering why these companies can't even reply. I thought they already had one that worked and were taking orders (so the site says) but if Quik is on it, that's great. Thanks Ken

Oxyargon03 said:
Sounds great. Was just wondering why these companies can't even reply. I thought they already had one that worked and were taking orders (so the site says) but if Quik is on it, that's great. Thanks Ken
Oh yeah. If I'd trust anyone it would be Lou, aka Quik LS. He's pretty sharp around the LS and he'll make it work.

that would deffinatly be sweet. Thomas Knight is in miami which is like and hour away. HE CAN USE MY CAR FOR A PROTOTYPE!. :eek:P

Yikes - I may need some more prototypes - I've had mine apart now several times....

I spoke with Geoff Knight last week and he has ordered a pre-03 engine for the shop so he can work on all the small details without having to send it up to me and back.

I'm hoping to hear more in a couple of weeks.

Here are the past threads on this project:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=5559&highlight=supercharger

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7343&highlight=supercharger

V6 charger too?

I think I know the answer but Im gonna ask it any way. Are there any supercharger/turbocharger prototypes for us 6 bangers :L

Yes - that will follow the V8 project. He has done alot of the Ford V6's and feels very good about the potential there.

kick a$$

Quik LS said:
Yes - that will follow the V8 project. He has done alot of the Ford V6's and feels very good about the potential there.
KICK A$$ just what i wanted to hear but heres another dumb question! about how much and how long for the v6 ?? and whats kinda numbers are they talking on this v6 i live in orlando and my buddy is in miami now getting his tibby all fixed up and i needed a reason to drive down there this sounds like a good one keep us up on it QUICKLS

P.s. I finally got pics up of my car there kinda out dated now but you can still see the n20 setup (now i have two bottles in the truck silver on the bottom and real flames this time (prowler red orange) (soon as i get some time off of work ill finish them and take more pics.)

Quik...are there any issues/concerns about the compression ratios? I mean they are pretty high on these cars as it is. I'm thinking very limited boost, maybe water or alchohol injection, etc. At minimum, a tune should be required I'm guessing to pull timing out of it under boost. Also, I'm not sure of what the 3.9 internals consist of. Are they forged?

I've often thought of this approach...especially since Jag has one out and I own a Cobra that's pumped! :) But I've been scared of the compression ratio being what...10.5 or something close to that?

right - high compression and not forged - I'll only be running 4-5psi in stage one - with (most likely) an air-to-air intercooler. Thomas Knight is a big proponant of the Snow injection system (http://www.snowperformance.net/) but feels it's overkill for our first try.

That's funny you should mention Snow Performance. I was about to look at them this morning for one for my Cobra. Man, when it's 118 outside here, it kills my car. But I am worried about the corrosion properties the alchohol will have on my rotors. But I'm guessing your working with a centrifugal unit? That shouldn't be a problem with that as I would guess the alchohol would be injected downstream from the hair dryer.

2001LS8Sport said:
That's funny you should mention Snow Performance. I was about to look at them this morning for one for my Cobra. Man, when it's 118 outside here, it kills my car. But I am worried about the corrosion properties the alchohol will have on my rotors.

Check out Corral.net under the superchargers section. A lot of us Kenne Bell owners built our own water injection with no problems. I was able to run 28* total timing up top at 10 psi with water(302 9.x:1 not 4.6 low compression engine). The thing I like about using water is that it doesn't change your A/F ratio. Alchy does. I would hate to have a problem with the injection and run too lean! It's not hard to build and not expensive. I had mine activating at 6 psi. Distilled water with just a little tap water. Some people are worried about distilled water and aluminum. I am not interested enough to try to understand the properties of that. :)

Members online

Back